PDA

View Full Version : Questions about dating sites

imperfect_cupcake
02-03-2015, 06:49 PM
I know it's area dependant, but I still have questions.

As I'm sure you do too!

So that's why I put this up.

I almost never contact anyone on OK Cupid anymore. Though I actually like that site best for the way it's set up with all the questions. It's easier to see who would be suitable. But in the two plus years I've used it, I've had... Maybe five? People respond. Yup. Five. I don't know how many butches I've written to in two years. Maybe 30? Just barely over one a month? 15 a year?

5/30.... 1/6. I suppose that's not bad. I've had maybe four contact me first in two years. One sever six months or so sounded about right.

It's mostly femmes asking me if I want to try something new. I get a couple femmes a week asking.

POF, much better response. Butches or masculine of centre actually speak to me there.

My question is, if you have a profile up, where is it and what is your response rate like and do people initially contact you? What's the ratio of you contacting others, to people contacting you?

Just curious, really. No other reason.

WildHorses
02-03-2015, 10:02 PM
I was on it - still am because I have been too lazy to remove me.
The site only matched me with other butches LMFAO! And no, I have not
had anyone contact me.

Now that this has come up I really need to get off of that site.
I have exactly who I want!

JDeere
02-03-2015, 10:23 PM
When I was on dating sites, it was about 50/50. I got matched with just about everyone from femmes to butch to other transmen. I haven't been on any site lately, I deleted all my ads because I came across folks that were fake, ignorant or snotty.

Mormegil
04-01-2015, 10:23 PM
Im done with dating sites. ive been on and off them for about 5 years. Okcupid and Pof. Not many women in my area on okcupid that want what i want. 99% just want a hookup and the other 1% are invisible i assume.

had better luck with Pof in actually finding people to communicate with me but nothing came of it but bs . nobody contacted me on okcupid .but on pof was mostly femmes. i like both butch and femme so was fine. but yeah im so tired of those sites.

Blade
04-09-2015, 06:53 PM
I was on a few dating sites for a while. I met a few crazies, and a few really good friends. I'm not on any now. The crazies caused me to have nightmares. I'll just stick to taking my chances in the real world :cigar2:

Virago
04-09-2015, 09:50 PM
What's POF?

JDeere
04-09-2015, 09:51 PM
What's POF?

POF is plenty of fish.com