PDA

View Full Version : Funny things people say after you begin transition...

DapperButch
12-03-2015, 06:23 PM
This is a place to share the naive or stupid things people say after they learn you have or are medically transitioning.

These would be things that people mean no harm or disrespect, they just simply DON'T "get it".

It is meant to be a light hearted thread.

DapperButch
12-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Just when I thought my mother started to "get it", she asked me if I was, "getting a tattoo now because men get those". :blink:

Borneheld
03-28-2016, 09:28 PM
I had one of our shop supervisors casually inquiring one day at my desk, in the front lobby about my transition. He was talking low and to me directly, not to loud to be overheard, he is a genuine guy and had real interest and after a couple honest questions he had, I answered them easily enough, he then added...

"...Tell you what Chris, when you go to do the bottom surgery, make sure to get a BIG one!...I wished I had had the option"
He gave a big chuckle and a slap on the back and walked back to his area...

... think that was male bonding..?

DapperButch
03-28-2016, 09:53 PM
I had one of our shop supervisors casually inquiring one day at my desk, in the front lobby about my transition. He was talking low and to me directly, not to loud to be overheard, he is a genuine guy and had real interest and after a couple honest questions he had, I answered them easily enough, he then added...

"...Tell you what Chris, when you go to do the bottom surgery, make sure to get a BIG one!...I wished I had had the option"
He gave a big chuckle and a slap on the back and walked back to his area...

... think that was male bonding..?

Aww, sounds like the guy was trying to do just that! I would give him an A for effort.

Vincent
12-25-2018, 07:30 PM
I had to have a hysterctomy and had my own room.
But during recovery time in hosp the nurses kept bringing me a bottle to urinate in,then, they were like,I'm so sorry,but I keep getting confused.

Also getting hit on by gay guys,I stayed in Gurneville,when I was in the States,went to the barbers,I swear it went round town,"thers a cute Aussie gay guy in town"comments like,"oh your the Aussie guy.
safe to say my GF,was not impressed AT ALL