PDA

View Full Version : SoCal (News, Events, etc.)

Pages : 1 [2]

Library_girl
10-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Hey gang,
I finally uploaded some pictures from the bonfire! They are in the gallery as an album under my user name. Took me long enough, huh?

Starry, when and where is our next So Cal gathering??? Hmmmm???

:D

LG

Arwen
10-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Can someone in OC or San Diego do me a favor? There is a monthly mag (focused on gay boys mostly) called Rage. It's one of those free ones. Can you grab a copy of October for me? I have a Tarotscope column that I'd like to have a hard copy of.

PM me if you can assist!

Dante
10-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Can someone in OC or San Diego do me a favor? There is a monthly mag (focused on gay boys mostly) called Rage. It's one of those free ones. Can you grab a copy of October for me? I have a Tarotscope column that I'd like to have a hard copy of.

PM me if you can assist!

Hey honey, I just called the Community Center and they are mailing me the Oct issue!

Dante
10-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Hey honey, I just called the Community Center and they are mailing me the Oct issue!

Scratch that. Went to the Community Center and got you the mag. PM me so I can get your address and mail it to you.

Library_girl
10-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Happy Halloween to all my So Cal friends! I hope everyone has a fun day and night!
:rainbowAfro:

Tommi
11-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Happy Halloween to all my So Cal friends! I hope everyone has a fun day and night!
:rainbowAfro:

Thanks LG~~Belated HH to you..Hope it was wonderful and full of tricks and Treats. :rrose:

Hi Everyone,

FYI:
The Palm Springs Pride Parade is scheduled for Sunday, November 6th. The parade starts at 10:00 A.M. at Ramon Road and travels north on Palm Canyon Drive. (Don't forget to set your clocks back one hour--Pacific Daylight Time ends on November 6th at 2 a.m.) This year’s theme will be: “Justice today. Equality forever!” The theme reflects and celebrates the progress achieved towards equality while also serving as a reminder that the struggle for equal rights for all individuals continues.

Warm Regards,

starryeyes
11-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Hey!

Are you all interested in getting together again? Let's schedule something, like a dinner... or maybe a fun event that might be happening?? What do you all think??

Miss you guys!
Lisa

*Anya*
11-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey!

Are you all interested in getting together again? Let's schedule something, like a dinner... or maybe a fun event that might be happening?? What do you all think??

Miss you guys!
Lisa

I am down 4 that, depending on locale.

Library_girl
11-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Hey!

Miss you guys!
Lisa

Starry!
Thank you so much for posting this. YES!!!! We have to gather soon! I miss everyone!
I think we should do a dinner somewhere. I am open to any location. Something in the middle would be good.

LG

starryeyes
11-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Ok, what is the middle for everyone? Riverside? OC?

Tommi
11-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Ok, what is the middle for everyone? Riverside? OC?

Me thinks Riverside for the Palm Springs Girl. HumV is in BFEgypt, so it would at least be closer..Let the party begin. The San Diego BonFire was fun...

So, is there anything happening in the LGBT community in your neighborhoods?

How about Long Beach in Dec. "? Corday is singing http://www.echomag.com/images/v102/v102917t.jpg
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4th
BUSTERS BEACH HOUSE link (http://bustersbeachhouse.com/)
168 Marina Dr. in Long Beach
562-598-9431
4pm-8pm
Check out the all-new blues Sundays at Buster's in Long Beach! This great venue is right on the water with a panoramic ocean view and great food and drinks. Newly remodeled and updated with a great stage area and island bar. Blues duo with Corday & Damien!
562-598-9431

Jennifer Corday's site (http://www.corday.net/fr_home.cfm)

and here (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.194410837250784.49210.176876772337524&type=1#!/photo.php?fbid=294355760589624&set=a.194410837250784.49210.176876772337524&type=3&theater)

*Anya*
11-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Count me in for December 4th:)

Me thinks Riverside for the Palm Springs Girl. HumV is in BFEgypt, so it would at least be closer..Let the party begin. The San Diego BonFire was fun...

So, is there anything happening in the LGBT community in your neighborhoods?

How about Long Beach in Dec. "? Corday is singing http://www.echomag.com/images/v102/v102917t.jpg
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4th
BUSTERS BEACH HOUSE link (http://bustersbeachhouse.com/)
168 Marina Dr. in Long Beach
562-598-9431
4pm-8pm
Check out the all-new blues Sundays at Buster's in Long Beach! This great venue is right on the water with a panoramic ocean view and great food and drinks. Newly remodeled and updated with a great stage area and island bar. Blues duo with Corday & Damien!
562-598-9431

Jennifer Corday's site (http://www.corday.net/fr_home.cfm)

and here (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.194410837250784.49210.176876772337524&type=1#!/photo.php?fbid=294355760589624&set=a.194410837250784.49210.176876772337524&type=3&theater)

Virago
11-12-2011, 02:52 PM
December 4th might work for me too! I'll find out soon

*Anya*
11-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Here are a couple more Long Beach Events from LesbianNightLife.com

I think Inferno looks like fun and it is on a Saturday night. I will be flying back east early on the 20th for a week so will stick to the 12/4 @ Busters.

Inferno Dance Party
11/19/2011
06:00 PM - 10:00 PM
posted by:

Venue: Lush Lounge
Lomg Beach, CA 90802

INFERNO is here to bring you the best women’s party in Long Beach and there’s no extinguishing this blaze! You want it HOT, so get ready to help us feed the fire!

If you've felt like a babysitter in the 20something clubs, welcome to Inferno!

Created exclusively for women, you'll meet your peers while DJ ASHA has you bumpin' on the floor all night! Saturday, Nov. 19th at Lush Lounge, 49 S. Pine Ave., Long Beach, CA, 6-10 PM, $10

INFERNO is held early in the evening so you can groove through the entire dance AND make plans to continue to party afterward... at dinner, other parties, or your own private gig. Don't miss the best pre-funk party for women around!
~~~~~~~~
Debra's
5101 E. Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach , CA 90803
myspace.com/debrasgirls
divadlb (AT) verizon.net
562 433-0357

Come join us every Friday we have something for everybody! We are located on the beach, free, safe parking, 2 floors of a fun with a fabulous view. Dine, Drink & Dance! Debra's Happy Hour is from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. All drinks are 2 for 1. Checkout our all Female, Hot Bartenders not to mention the Beautifuly, fierce Dancers. Sing a song with Karaoke. Enjoy a fresh, authentic taco or get yourself an airbrush tattoo on the patio. On the second Friday we have our famous Wet-T-Shirt contest and the third Friday we have fantastic & talented live bands for your enjoyment.Party with hundreds of Beautiful Women @ Debra's!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Club Dinah LA
6400 E. Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach , CA 90803
Clubdinahla (AT) gmail.com

Club Dinah LA...is Dinah Shore Year Round Local Playground! Being hailed as THE BIGGEST once a month club event to Hit Los Angeles/Long Beach it was no doubt Inspired by all the Women that just can’t get enough of Club Skirts’ Dinah Shore Week in April.. Hot Tracks, gorgeous women and a sultry atmosphere will help quench the Dinah thirst every last Friday of every month! Featuring the talented line-up of DJ’s performing at The Dinah Shore Weekend in Palm Springs, the music takes center stage.
Club Dinah LA…Where the Desert meets the Shore!!

HumV4me
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Hey everyone... if you live in the LA area near the Observatory or the zoo near Griffith Park... Leina and I will be in that area either Tuesday or Wednesday, the week of Thanksgiving... thats in 9 days... we would love to meet up with ya'll! Let me know what ya'll think! :-)

Leina says we could meet someone for lunch... or go to the zoo or something.

Tommi
12-15-2011, 02:50 PM
PALM SPRINGS..
Hellllooooooo out there. Here is a post from Irene...If you can make it she is fun, flashy, sassy AND has a great voice.

www.irenesoderberg.com

Hi all my darlings,

This is a reminder email, come to the toy drive if possible…

I’m bringing 2 adorable toys myself, and ME!!! I look forward to seeing many of you

PS I don’t have email/internet on the road… I’m leaving right now, to get to Palm Springs, so don’t reply, please…

Lots of Love, Irene

Yes, I’ve been missing you all, and I’m finally coming back to the desert this weekend!

I’m performing for Daddy Ed’s Toy Drive Friday @ 7 pm for AAP.

Cocktails and appetizers 6:30 7:30; show starts @ 7:30 sharp!

Pre show hilarity with my favorite Shann Carr @ 7:10…who’s also doing a show

“Out for Laughs” @ Hunters on Thursday…

I decided to come out last night, so I’m not on the flyer, but I’ll be there

BIGGER THAN LIFE!

Come out for a fabulous show with lots of great performers. Please bring a new unwrapped toy, for Daddy Ed’s Toy Drive and bring joy to a whole lot of kids that need it.

I’ll see you on Friday,

In love, light, and music

Irene go to my website and view my CDs… www.irenesoderberg.com

I’ll bring CDs, if you want to get some for Christmas gifts. I’m doing a special

Christmas price 2 CDs for $15!!

Irene

starryeyes
01-03-2012, 12:00 PM
This Saturday, there is an Inferno Dance at The Brass Rail in Hillcrest (San Diego). I have been before and it was FUN! Tons of women, mostly 30s to 50s. Good music and good dancing. If anyone wants to go, I'm game!

:-D
Lisa

Tommi
01-03-2012, 11:37 PM
This Saturday, there is an Inferno Dance at The Brass Rail in Hillcrest (San Diego). I have been before and it was FUN! Tons of women, mostly 30s to 50s. Good music and good dancing. If anyone wants to go, I'm game!

Lisa

Game*....but..Sat's NFL Postseason.. Maybe after SuperBowl.

starryeyes
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't understand? Haha. You should come so we can celebrate your birthday! :-D

Library_girl
01-05-2012, 07:43 PM
BUMP BUMP BUMP! This thread needs another bump!!

Starry and I will be at this Inferno Dance on Saturday night.....I'm going to be in San Diego all weekend. So HEY all So Cal people, this would be a great time to get together! If for no other reason than to see me make a complete fool of myself. Again. It's always entertaining. :blink:

Lisa

Tommi
01-05-2012, 08:15 PM
BUMP BUMP BUMP! This thread needs another bump!!

Starry and I will be at this Inferno Dance on Saturday night.....I'm going to be in San Diego all weekend. So HEY all So Cal people, this would be a great time to get together! If for no other reason than to see me make a complete fool of myself. Again. It's always entertaining. :blink:

Love to Dance...and I would love to make it down to SD, but I am committed..:) ~ ~ ~ to the end of the Football season and the "tailgating" before and after.

If interested or not in Football, how about coming to a So CAL Super Bowl Party I am co-hosting here in the OC ?

starryeyes
01-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Love to Dance...and I would love to make it down to SD, but I am committed..:) ~ ~ ~ to the end of the Football season and the "tailgating" before and after.

If interested or not in Football, how about coming to a So CAL Super Bowl Party I am co-hosting here in the OC ?

Sure!! I'll go :-) sounds fun!!

apretty
01-05-2012, 09:14 PM

Lisa

JS and I are actually both off from work this weekend--I wonder if he wants to take me to the Brass Rail (I haven't been inside since my wayward youth).

*Will check w/ the man.

:)

starryeyes
01-06-2012, 08:18 PM
JS and I are actually both off from work this weekend--I wonder if he wants to take me to the Brass Rail (I haven't been inside since my wayward youth).

*Will check w/ the man.

Cool! Let us know. We would love to meet you :-)

starryeyes
01-21-2012, 01:28 AM
Where is everyone?? :-D Hope you are all doing well!!

Smiles!

starryeyes
02-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Saturday March 3rd Inferno Hot Flash Dance. It's happening at The Brass Rail. I'll be there! It starts at 5:30 and goes till around 11 I think? Anyone else interested? Miss you all!

Hugs
Lisa

The Oopster
02-24-2012, 02:25 PM
It would be fun to do something but not a big dancer so don't think I'd want to drive down just for that

Ciaran
02-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Hi All

I'm in SoCal for 9 or 10 days in late May - primarily in San Diego but also getting up to Los Angeles area too.

Thinking of arranging a gathering on Saturday 26th May in San Diego .... probably not a bonfire this time but at least a party somewhere (hopefully will continue very late) and a few of us may also go to the Sunday brunch at Lips:

http://www.lipssd.com/

All are welcome ..... great to meet friends, old and new.

Will head further up towards LA post 27th May, taking in a Dodgers game and stopping off in some of the coastal towns so if anyone else is interested in meeting up, let me know.

Tommi
03-03-2012, 08:42 PM
VISIT THE OFFICIAL “8” WEBSITE HERE: www.8theplay.com

WATCH SATURDAY’S PERFORMANCE LIVE HERE AT 7:45 P.M. PST: www.youtube.com/AmericanEqualRights

Dear Supporter of Equality:

American Foundation for Equal Rights is presenting a Streaming Webcast of the play ’8′ LIVE tonight at 7:45pm (pre-show AT 7:30pm) With Brad Pitt as Judge Walker. Click herehttp://www.afer.com

The play, written by Dustin Lance Black and directed by Rob Reiner, is an account of the Federal District Court trial to overturn Proposition 8, based on transcripts of the trial as well as interviews.

Brad Pitt is the newest addition to the cast, which already includes George Clooney, Martin Sheen, Christine Lahti, Jamie Lee Curtis, Matthew Morrison, Matt Bomer, Kevin Bacon, Jane Lynch, John C. Reilly, Campbell Brown, Chris Colfer, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Cleve Jones, Rory O’Malley, George Takei, Yeardley Smith, Vanessa Garcia, Jansen Panatierre, James Pickens, Jr. and Bridger Zadina.

Streaming webcast starts 7:45pm (pre-show at 7:30pm) tonight, Saturday here: www.youtube.com/AmericanEqualRights

www.afer.com
__._,_.__Enjoy!

Link is here ~~Detailed story at: ual http://lgbtpov.frontiersla.com/2012/03/01/breaking-afer-webcasting-8-live-this-saturday-with-brad-pitt-as-judge-walker/
AFER Webcasting the play "8" account of Federal court trial to overturn Prop 8] LIVE, tonight, Saturday at 7:45pm, with pre-show at 7:30pm

Ciaran
04-10-2012, 12:35 PM
All

I'm over to San Diego in late May and we're arranging an informal gathering over Memorial Day weekend.

The intention is to meet for a meal on the Friday evening (25th May), time TBC, at Parkhouse Eatery (www.parkhouseeatery.com), followed by drinks until late at (www.bourbonstreetsd.com).

Parkhouse Eatery is a good restaurant with excellent food and is reasonably priced. It's a one minute walk from Bourbon Street which, as most of you will know, is one of the leading LGBT bars in San Diego. Added to that, Fridays at Bourbon Street attracts a primary female clientele so should be a friendly atmosphere ... and dancing until 2am until those of us with energy head somewhere else.

Will look to make reservations in early May so an indication of interest would be much appreciated so that we have a good idea of numbers. All are welcome !!

If anyone is interested, we'll also maybe arrange a brunch in San Diego on the Saturday (I'm thinking of brunch at The Field, www.thefield.com, which is a great Irish bar in the downtown gaslamp district which is worthwhile exploring).

Ciaran
05-07-2012, 10:46 AM
**** Bumping this thread re evening of Friday May 25th in San Diego ****

Will be booking table in another 10 or 11 days for this. I already know offline of a few who will be coming along. All welcome ... very informal.

Library_girl
05-07-2012, 03:01 PM
**** Bumping this thread re evening of Friday May 25th in San Diego ****

Will be booking table in another 10 or 11 days for this. I already know offline of a few who will be coming along. All welcome ... very informal.

I'll be there Ciaran! Woo hoo! Very exciting.....let the debauchery begin!

starryeyes
05-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Anyone going? Justin and I will be there with her son. Happy Pride! :)

Tommi
05-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Anyone going? Justin and I will be there with her son. Happy Pride! :)
Yes. We will be there on Sat.
Queen Latifah Main Stage

Long Beach Lesbian and Gay Pride Info * (http://longbeachpride.com/)

Check out Corday (http://corday.net/fr_home.cfm)

Corday & The Cougars

SUNDAY, MAY 20th
PRIDE PARTY at ROCK BOTTOM Restaurant & Brewery
1 Pine Ave. in Long Beach (Ocean and Pine)
Immediately after the Parade, 2pmish...

Corday & The Cougars rock the house with all your favorite covers plus new originals! DJ Mannisto spins dance music at the breaks and after the show. Great food and drinks- appetizers, salads, sandwiches and more!
Awesome brews and full bar too.
Walk from the Parade! Or, park in the underground structure in Landmark Square building, entrance is on Pine Avenue, and get two hours validation.
Directions:
405 to 710S to Broadway/Downtown exit, get off at Broadway (one way street), travel to Pine Avenue and take a right. Rock Bottom is two blocks down on the right hand side.

THURSDAY, MAY 17th
THE POWDER ROOM at BLISS: Pre-Pride Party!
525 E. Broadway in Long Beach
Corday performs solo

FRIDAY MAY 18th
KDB: Pride Kick-Off!
10 Aquarium Way in Long Beach
Corday and the Cougars all-girl band!

SATURDAY MAY 19th
THE VIPER ROOM
8852 West Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood

starryeyes
05-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Awesome!! My friend Kyla is interpreting for the Queen so we definitely want to go see her and check it out, but we have Lisa's son so it depends in the time. We will be there during the day tho!

Yes. We will be there on Sat.
Queen Latifah Main Stage

Long Beach Lesbian and Gay Pride Info * (http://longbeachpride.com/)

Check out Corday (http://corday.net/fr_home.cfm)

Corday & The Cougars

SUNDAY, MAY 20th
PRIDE PARTY at ROCK BOTTOM Restaurant & Brewery
1 Pine Ave. in Long Beach (Ocean and Pine)
Immediately after the Parade, 2pmish...

Corday & The Cougars rock the house with all your favorite covers plus new originals! DJ Mannisto spins dance music at the breaks and after the show. Great food and drinks- appetizers, salads, sandwiches and more!
Awesome brews and full bar too.
Walk from the Parade! Or, park in the underground structure in Landmark Square building, entrance is on Pine Avenue, and get two hours validation.
Directions:
405 to 710S to Broadway/Downtown exit, get off at Broadway (one way street), travel to Pine Avenue and take a right. Rock Bottom is two blocks down on the right hand side.

THURSDAY, MAY 17th
THE POWDER ROOM at BLISS: Pre-Pride Party!
525 E. Broadway in Long Beach
Corday performs solo

FRIDAY MAY 18th
KDB: Pride Kick-Off!
10 Aquarium Way in Long Beach

SATURDAY MAY 19th
THE VIPER ROOM
8852 West Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood

Library_girl
05-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Who is going this weekend? Are we doing anything on Saturday night?

Ciaran
05-23-2012, 01:22 AM
Who is going this weekend? Are we doing anything on Saturday night?

I'll check in with Rasa and get the low down later today (Wednesday), although might be Thursday before I'm online again.

After weeks of unseasonally cold and very wet weather, I'm now leaving behind a heatwave here in London to enjoy the grey gloom of San Diego .... something ironic about that.

At least the good thing about London-San Diego travel is that we now have a direct flight. Leave London shortly after 3pm today for an 12 hour flight but arrive in San Diego early evening due to the 8 hour time difference.

Ciaran
09-01-2012, 12:52 AM
San Diego

******* evening of good conversation & laughter *******

******* Friday, 28th September 2012 *******

I'm back in SoCal in late September for a little over a week and organising a get-together for B/F/GQ/T folk and their allies on Friday 28th September.

I'll confirm exact times in due course but intention is to have a relaxing meal at the Parkhouse Eatery (www.parkhouseeatery.com), followed by drinks until late at Bourbon Street (www.bourbonstreetsd.com).

This was also our itinerary for the meet back in May and I think everyone who attended had a great time - therefore, I don't think that there's a need to change the venues. I was very impressed by both the food and the service at the Parkhouse Eatery and Bourbon Street is always an enjoyable venue. Also, if you don't know, the two venues are within a very, short walking distance of each other for maximum convenience.

Alas, although I did pole-dance at Bourbon Street in May, I've decided to retire from this line of work so it's not scheduled for the September meet.

I have an invite / event list for this meet-up on Facebook and happy to add other names to that. Equally happy, if anyone is in the area and wants to come along, to let me know here. I just need to know a week or so in advance, where possible, so that I can ensure an appropriate booking at the Parkhouse Eatery.

Virago
09-01-2012, 06:53 PM
If you're not going to Pole Dance, I don't know if it's worth it for me to drive all the way down there!! :(

Add me to the list. I don't know yet if I can make it, but I'll sure try

Ciaran
09-02-2012, 02:11 AM
If you're not going to Pole Dance, I don't know if it's worth it for me to drive all the way down there!! :(

Add me to the list. I don't know yet if I can make it, but I'll sure try

Virago - would be great if you could make it. It's been far, far too long .... May 2009 to be exact.

Trust me on this, me not pole dancing should be an incentive to attend but, if you can get down to San Diego and are very insistent and have a few $$$ to spare, I'll offer a private dance :eek:

Virago
09-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Virago - would be great if you could make it. It's been far, far too long .... May 2009 to be exact.

Trust me on this, me not pole dancing should be an incentive to attend but, if you can get down to San Diego and are very insistent and have a few $$$ to spare, I'll offer a private dance :eek:

Collecting Donations Now! :) Raising the money!!
And then selling the videotape. lol

Rope
01-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Butch/Femme Socials

Our next event will be the Plan B party. Plan A was meet someone at the gym, in class, at work, or at a homo group, but that may or may not have worked out so well. COUPLES AND SINGLES, bring your single friends, the date that wasn't right for you but might be for someone else, the ex that is great just not for you, the buddy next door, pry that shy one from away from the computer screen to meet LIVING humans. Not into meeting a date, perhaps a movie pal, gardening buddy, bowling mate, shopping pal, come meet folks in the community.

AGES AND ID's: ALL AGES WELCOME, ID as you define it for yourself
(soft butch, hard boiled femme, tomboy, stud, ftm/mtf, butch Top, femme girl,
sorta butchy, not sure girlie COME AND MEET SOME GREAT PEOPLE).
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW: this has been one of our most attended events.

WHEN: SATURDAY, FEB. 9TH, 2:00 P.M.- 6:00 P.M. NO COVER CHARGE
WHERE: RE-OPENING S.F. EAGLE, 12th & Harrison St.,San Francisco
WHO: EVERYONE WELCOME
WHAT ELSE: watch the 2 hour parking signs, casual dress, parking is easy in this
area,nearest BART station is Civic Center at 8th & Mission, consider carpooling.
ALSO: do you have a business or event? Bring your business cards or flyers for
events.

Get ready! We're moving most of our online activity to our website at:
www.ButchFemmeSocials.com and soon no more yahoogroup

*****PLEASE NOTE: we are not a place for you to advertise events unless you
participate in community events WITH Butch/Femme Socials.

See you there!
Rope and Toughy

If you need help finding cheap places to stay, or need a FREE place to stay with a community member, contact me via email at this site.

There's a Best Western near Harrison Street, walking distance to our party.

See you there,
Rope--

Rope
01-22-2013, 11:47 PM
The S.F. LGBT Center is planning a memorial for Mike McLeod aka ChatDaddy, aka Mike, aka JYD sometime mid-February. They will let me know the exact date in a couple of days.

Mike worked as the Facilities Manager there for many years. If you would like to make a donation to the Center in Mike's name, go to their website to do so at www.sfcenter.org, any amount is welcome. OR mail a donation.

The San Francisco LGBT Center is located at 1800 Market Street, S.F., CA 94102

Parking is hellish in this neighborhood, I highly recommend public transportation. Nearest BART station is Civic Center and you can either wak the four blocks OR take MUNI from there one stop up.

Details to follow.

Rope--

StillettoDoll
01-23-2013, 06:55 PM
:beerbros:Me and Blaze are coming to San Diego next week , a little get away for us ..... Woooohoooo:theisland:

Sirena
01-24-2013, 01:03 AM
Hi All!
I have a room for rent in my home in Corona (92879 zip). If this is not the right place to post this -or- there is a better place to post this type of info on this site, please let me know :) Please spread the word if you know anyone you would recommend as a good roommate. Thank you!!
Here is the ad link with pics & info below as well. It is best to contact me directly at sirena_socal @ sbcglobal dot net

Ad link with Pics & Info http://inlandempire.ebayclassifieds.com/rooms-roommates/corona/600room-yourownlivingroom-bthrmutilcblewifiinclnicehouse-neighborhood/?ad=25791324

Room for Rent in Nice, One-Story, 3 Bedroom House. $600 per month
Nice, Safe Neighborhood, in Corona off Promenade, cross street McKinley 92879 zip code
GET MUCH MORE & BETTER THAN A TYPICAL 'ROOM FOR RENT' - WAY CHEAPER THAN YOUR OWN APT. LIVE IN A NICE HOUSE WITH YOUR OWN LIVING ROOM!
Includes: Bedroom, Hall Bathroom, your OWN Living Room - All Very Clean - Includes All Utilities, Cable TV in Your Bedroom & Living Room, Wifi Internet.
Full house privileges, clothes washer & dryer, plenty of safe street parking.
Very close to tons of shopping, restaurants, parks, colleges,
& freeways 91 & 15.
**Rental Application required ($25) Includes: Income verification, Background check, References. $300 Deposit Required**
No heavy partiers
Be clean, considerate, respectful, reliable, stable, self-sufficient.
About us:
2 Homeowners/Roommates 40+
We are nice, quiet, easy going & to get along with. Friendly but we do our own thing. Looking for a roommate that pays rent on time, is clean, considerate, and has common sense.
Please type -JAN 2013- in the subject line of your email when responding email: goodemailfrom-people at yahoo dot com
Monthly Rent: $600 Deposit $300
UPDATE: I am getting tons of spam - legitimate responses only -
WHEN YOU RESPOND - AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR EMAIL SUBJECT LINE,
TYPE THE WORDS: JAN 2013
- OTHERWISE THE EMAIL WILL BE DELETED AS SPAM, THANK YOU : )

Ad link with pics & info: http://inlandempire.ebayclassifieds.com/rooms-roommates/corona/600room-yourownlivingroom-bthrmutilcblewifiinclnicehouse-neighborhood/?ad=25791324#ixzz2IsDTV0rW

Virago
01-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Rope, please let us know as soon as you have a definite date

The S.F. LGBT Center is planning a memorial for Mike McLeod aka ChatDaddy, aka Mike, aka JYD sometime mid-February. They will let me know the exact date in a couple of days.

Mike worked as the Facilities Manager there for many years. If you would like to make a donation to the Center in Mike's name, go to their website to do so at www.sfcenter.org, any amount is welcome. OR mail a donation.

Parking is hellish in this neighborhood, I highly recommend public transportation. Nearest BART station is Civic Center and you can either wak the four blocks OR take MUNI from there one stop up.

Details to follow.

Rope--

AlchemyGrrl
02-07-2013, 01:51 PM
I am visiting SoCal this week and was wondering if there are events on the radar? Are there any butch/femme friendly establishments anyone would recommend? I will be in LA all week...probably til after February 14th!

Alchemy

Tommi
02-07-2013, 03:27 PM
I am visiting SoCal this week and was wondering if there are events on the radar? Are there any butch/femme friendly establishments anyone would recommend? I will be in LA all week...probably til after February 14th!

Alchemy

Hi Alchemy,
I live south of LA, but can give you some links to some of the favorite local hot spots we go to. Maybe someone from LA will pop in here and add too.

Hamburger Mary's is a local friendly spot, and has an event page.
http://hamburgermarys.com/weho/

and The Palms.
http://www.thepalmsbar.com

Los Angles Gay & Lesbian Center has an events page @
http://laglc.convio.net/site/PageServer#

There is a FACEBOOK LA Page.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/LGBT-Los-Angeles/155218614517467

starryeyes
02-07-2013, 04:23 PM

Alchemy

Join the butch-femme social club of LA on meet-up. They have tons of events listed!

starryeyes
02-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Where are our So. Cal peeps?? :-) Miss you all!!

AlchemyGrrl
02-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the links. Anyone willing to meet up for coffee? Lol

Virago
02-10-2013, 11:15 AM

You going to be around West Hollywood today? Could meet up in the afternoon

AlchemyGrrl
02-10-2013, 11:42 AM
You going to be around West Hollywood today? Could meet up in the afternoon

Hi. Actually. I will b near enough to meet in West Hollywood but not available until until Wednesday! Any time later n the week? Thanks so much for the reply!

Virago
02-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi. Actually. I will b near enough to meet in West Hollywood but not available until until Wednesday! Any time later n the week? Thanks so much for the reply!

Wednesday will be fine for me in the afternoon. or VERY late in the evening after 11 :)

AlchemyGrrl
02-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Wednesday will be fine for me in the afternoon. or VERY late in the evening after 11 :)

Great! Either time will work for me. Where did U wanna meet up? How about shooting for afternoon?

KCBUTCH
02-10-2013, 12:24 PM

sure I'm in Glendale if you ever want to hang out feel free to message me and I can try to make some time. wishing you a great day

Rope
02-17-2013, 11:02 PM
UPDATE TO THIS POST:
The memorial for Mike McLeod aka Chatdaddy, aka Mike, aka JYD will be March 16th at the LGBT Center, 1800 Market St., San Francisco. I know this is piece by piece information but I am waiting for them to confirm the exact time.

People interested in speaking at his memorial are asked to keep their remarks to under 3 minutes.

We are putting together a slide show and if you're interested in contributing photos, please email them to me at: ropewolf1@gmail.com PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CONSENT OF THOSE IN THE PHOTOS.

Thanks,
Rope--

Details to follow.

Rope--

Dance-with-me
02-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Any recommended things to do, places to go, people to see, for a older butch/femme couple in San Diego? I'll be there most of the summer, since my gf lives there, but she's not really connected with the lgbt community at all. Any activities for LGBT folks that aren't geared to the under-40 crowd?

starryeyes
02-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Any recommended things to do, places to go, people to see, for a older butch/femme couple in San Diego? I'll be there most of the summer, since my gf lives there, but she's not really connected with the lgbt community at all. Any activities for LGBT folks that aren't geared to the under-40 crowd?

Hi! I am from San Diego as well! I would look at events through The Center (www.thecentersd.org) and check out meetup.com. There are 2 lesbian groups, butch-femme meetup and San Diego lesbian meet up. The butch-femme meet up has no action, but there are sever events on San Diego lesbian meet up. There are also the hot flash dances that happen once a month that draws a late 30's and older crowd that is always fun.

Hope you enjoy our beautiful city!! :)

KCBUTCH
03-11-2013, 03:47 PM
FOR ANY LOCALS TO OR CLOSE BY TO LA/SoCal I'M HAVING PEOPLE OVER THE WKND OF APRIL 13TH-14TH IF YOU'D LIKE TO STAY OVER THERE ARE GUESTS BEDS AND FLOOR SPACE...
IT BEGINS SAT AFTERNOON. JUST A GATHERING TO KICK OFF SPRING BREAK
GAMES, CONVERSATION, FUN, RELAXATION, BFTQ AND FRIENDS
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED PLEASE PM ME FOR DETAILS
WOULD LOVE TO MEET AND ENJOY MORE LOCALS

CA_BabyCakes
03-11-2013, 04:33 PM
April 14th there will be a mini gay days at Disneyland!!! Let me know if anyone is going!

Rope
03-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Butch/Femme Socials presents: a SOCIAL!
Come out and meet some great people! Of course couples and singles are welcome!
Casual afternoon. Parking is fairly easy, watch it if you park in a metered area.

WHEN: Saturday, APRIL 6th, 2-6 p.m.
WHERE: S.F. Eagle, 11th & Harrison in San Francisco
Location info: Closest BART is Civic Center, you can arrange for a ride with Homobiles in advance at: 415/574-5023

WHO: Butch/Femme folks and our friends
WHAT ELSE: the newly re-opened Eagle has been very friendly to the Socials over the years. The venue is roomy. There's a pool table, outdoor patio with heaters.
We need greeters, if you're shy OR want to meet everyone, help your hosts as a greeter. Contact me via email at: butchfemmesocials@yahoo.com, do NOT hit reply to this email it goes into never never land, use the email address above.

AND, HELP SPREAD THE WORD. Tell your single and couple friends we do not care where they fall on the butch/femme spectrum, just come out and hang with some great people.

All ages welcome, it's more fun that way.

See you there,
Rope and T

p.s. join us on Facebook, friend Rope Wolf to be added to the Butch/Femme Socials group

ManOMan
03-17-2013, 09:09 PM
April 14th there will be a mini gay days at Disneyland!!! Let me know if anyone is going!

According to the website this will be on the 13th. Wear a red shirt if you go.

CA_BabyCakes
03-25-2013, 03:05 PM
According to the website this will be on the 13th. Wear a red shirt if you go.

Aughh yes it is the 13th!! Cant wait!

KCBUTCH
03-30-2013, 12:38 PM
For those interested I've changed my get together to April 20th-21st.everyone is still welcome

FOR ANY LOCALS TO OR CLOSE BY TO LA/SoCal I'M HAVING PEOPLE OVER THE WKND OF APRIL 13TH-14TH IF YOU'D LIKE TO STAY OVER THERE ARE GUESTS BEDS AND FLOOR SPACE...
IT BEGINS SAT AFTERNOON. JUST A GATHERING TO KICK OFF SPRING BREAK
GAMES, CONVERSATION, FUN, RELAXATION, BFTQ AND FRIENDS
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED PLEASE PM ME FOR DETAILS
WOULD LOVE TO MEET AND ENJOY MORE LOCALS

ManOMan
05-05-2013, 07:16 PM
For those interested I've changed my get together to April 20th-21st.everyone is still welcome

Oh shoot. I had a major brain fart. I don't know why, but I had this on my calendar for May....

Hope y'all had a great time.

KCBUTCH
05-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Oh shoot. I had a major brain fart. I don't know why, but I had this on my calendar for May....

Hope y'all had a great time.

No worries brother- It was cancelled LOL anyway...

Tommi
05-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Saturday 18 May 2013 – Sunday 19 May 2013

Long Beach Pride 2013 (http://www.longbeachpride.com/)
Long Beach, CA, US

Venue
Long Beach Gay Pride
1017 Obispo Ave
Long Beach, CA,
Venue info and map
30th Annual Long Beach Lesbian Gay Pride Parade (http://www.longbeachpride.com/AAA%20Images/Parade/Parade%20Line%20Up%20May%2013%20Rev5-17.pdf)

http://www2.sk-static.com/images/media/img/col4/20130509-202238-979424.png

Long Beach, CA, US
Venue info and map
Fantasía Diana King Adina Howard Ivory Kimberly Caldwell Beverly Mcclellan Jamar Rogers Paris Bennett Sophie Frenchie Davis Mao David Hernandez Dj BOOM Robert Lopez James Vincent Voices Of Unity Corday Nena Guzman Laurie Morvan Band Wendy Ho DJ MIKE BRYANT Radio for the People DJ nova jade Tiffany Ellen Solano The Von Hidaways The Davids & Family Tamara Marks Vina Rouge Devon Deming Kanary Diamond Julian & the Krush Madame Dee DJ Steve Cunningham Refiners Fire Praise Team DJ Lancia Draper Be Steady Urban Kickers Twisted Movement Pico Rivera Big Band DJ Tish Coreleon James Pool DJ Groove Section Dave Broussard DJ Sha Transgia Diva Panel Kings Show Tommy the UK Cowboy LA Wrangers Banjee Boyz Darryl Shobey DJ Alan Bentley Sara Peacock Qui510 & Band DJ Jordan P

Give me a shoutout (PM or email me) if you'll be there Sunday, and wanna have a BFP moment :).

Tommi
05-18-2013, 12:12 PM
http://d3ew4rh7xxgmkq.cloudfront.net/performer/47153/photos/47153_ab65eeaa19d54b81b7bc1b9bd19d3cbf.jpg

http://www.longbeachstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/longbeach-gaypride.jpg

Hellllllooooooooo Southern California..
It's Pride Season.

Anyone have plans to ride and play?

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/50/165387807_095c4e1a0b.jpg

tygr_grrl
05-25-2013, 05:59 PM
I'll be there next week visiting the family, but it will be the first time being there single in a long time and alot has changed (the Flame is still the Flame but different??). So, where do all the handsome butches hang out these days? Is there anything fun happening in the next couple weeks while I'm there?

Gosh, I better start thinking about packing <gasp!>.

starryeyes
05-26-2013, 12:48 PM
I'll be there next week visiting the family, but it will be the first time being there single in a long time and alot has changed (the Flame is still the Flame but different??). So, where do all the handsome butches hang out these days? Is there anything fun happening in the next couple weeks while I'm there?

Gosh, I better start thinking about packing <gasp!>.

The Flame is no longer around. The Gossip Grill is the new hang out spot. I don't know of any events happening.. try www.meetup.com and look for The San Diego Lesbian Meet Up. They have events listed there.

:-)

tygr_grrl
05-28-2013, 07:00 PM
My sister had also recommended Gossip Grill, so I will have to check it out while I'm there!

Thanks~~~

Tommi
05-28-2013, 08:43 PM
My sister had also recommended Gossip Grill, so I will have to check it out while I'm there!

Thanks~~~

Will you stil be here in July?
San Diego Pride info here. (http://www.sdpride.org/parade.htm?_p=Y)
July 12 - 14
GENERAL INFORMATION

The annual San Diego LGBT Pride Parade is the 4th largest in the United States attracting 200,000 cheering spectators and significant media participation

Date: Saturday, July 13, 2013

Time: 11 am

Location: The parade begins at University Ave. and Normal Street, proceeds west on University Avenue to 6th Avenue, turns south on 6th Avenue, ending at Balboa Drive and Upas Street.

tygr_grrl
05-28-2013, 09:30 PM
July 12 - 14
GENERAL INFORMATION

The annual San Diego LGBT Pride Parade is the 4th largest in the United States attracting 200,000 cheering spectators and significant media participation

Location: The parade begins at University Ave. and Normal Street, proceeds west on University Avenue to 6th Avenue, turns south on 6th Avenue, ending at Balboa Drive and Upas Street.
I won't be in town that weekend, i will be landlocked by that time. I am looking forward to the one in Santa Fe, where I am now, but that is a different forum. =)

Thanks!

starryeyes
06-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Speaking of San Diego Pride...

If anyone is going, it would be great to meet up! I am working with Pride this year, so I'll be running around but I'll have some downtime.

We could make a meet up place in the grass by the main stage to talk and hang!

Virago
06-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm 90% sure I'll be there (but that 10% gets ya every time)

Virago
06-01-2013, 06:47 PM
tomorrow, sunday June 2nd, we will be 'celebrating' the passing of a historic location.
The Palms Bar of West Hollywood, over 40 years old, is closing its doors. Please come out and help us send it off in style. This is (was) one of the OLDEST lesbian bars in the country.

So many of the past staff will be there (I was bartender and bouncer from '90 to '97). And I would love to share this emotional evening with any and all of you.

I'll be there at 6pm. If anyone is going, let me know so I'll look for you

little_ms_sunshyne
06-01-2013, 06:53 PM
I will be there this year! I am Starry's assistant. :) My first PRIDE! Excited for PRIDE and to be in good company!

*Anya*
06-01-2013, 07:10 PM
tomorrow, sunday June 2nd, we will be 'celebrating' the passing of a historic location.
The Palms Bar of West Hollywood, over 40 years old, is closing its doors. Please come out and help us send it off in style. This is (was) one of the OLDEST lesbian bars in the country.

So many of the past staff will be there (I was bartender and bouncer from '90 to '97). And I would love to share this emotional evening with any and all of you.

I'll be there at 6pm. If anyone is going, let me know so I'll look for you

Wow, memory lane. My first GF and I used to go to The Palms (and Peanuts) all the time in '79, 80.

Peanuts has been long gone...and so are my bar days.

*Sigh*

Virago
06-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Wow, memory lane. My first GF and I used to go to The Palms (and Peanuts) all the time in '79, 80.

Peanuts has been long gone...and so are my bar days.

*Sigh*

Anya, I was a bartender at Peanuts also, from '92 to '00. Yes, it's also gone. So much of Lesbian history has passed into memories.
The Connection
Club 22
MeiWay

Mel C.
06-01-2013, 08:20 PM
July 12 - 14
GENERAL INFORMATION

That weekend is supposed to be my weekend in San Diego. I should get in Saturday afternoon or evening and have time to meet up Saturday or Sunday

Tommi
06-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Speaking of San Diego Pride...

If anyone is going, it would be great to meet up! I am working with Pride this year, so I'll be running around but I'll have some downtime.

We could make a meet up place in the grass by the main stage to talk and hang!

starryeyes, are you at the festival from early to late on Sat? Let's do it. Grassy knoll near main stage meet up and find shade for a picnic :wine::hangloose:

Maybe we could all get together for lunch, unless you have to be there right after the parade. Maybe breakfast?

My BFF's and I will be there on Sat (7/13) around 9AM, for the parade starting at 11, to hear and feel the rumble of the Dykes on Bikes. We may take the train down from OC , and cab over to for the parade. Anyone want to meet and watch the parade together?

" Location: The parade begins at University Avenue and Normal Street, proceeds west on University Avenue to 6th Avenue, turns south on 6th Avenue, ending at Balboa Drive and Upas Street. "

starryeyes
06-02-2013, 05:36 PM
starryeyes, are you at the festival from early to late on Sat? Let's do it. Grassy knoll near main stage meet up and find shade for a picnic :wine::hangloose:

Maybe we could all get together for lunch, unless you have to be there right after the parade. Maybe breakfast?

My BFF's and I will be there on Sat (7/13) around 9AM, for the parade starting at 11, to hear and feel the rumble of the Dykes on Bikes. We may take the train down from OC , and cab over to for the parade. Anyone want to meet and watch the parade together?

" Location: The parade begins at University Avenue and Normal Street, proceeds west on University Avenue to 6th Avenue, turns south on 6th Avenue, ending at Balboa Drive and Upas Street. "

I'll be there all day Saturday and Sunday! I am coordinating ASL interpreters for the event. Justin will be there too and sunshyne. Yay! Should be fun. I'll be there early so I can stake a spot out.

Tommi
06-03-2013, 01:06 AM
And a good time will had by All. :hangloose:

Tommi
06-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Good Morning SO CAL

Yesterday, my BFF's and I went to Los Angles and were on the finish line right by the arch in this picture I didn't take, but was right there-->
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000EXAIk83lEh0/s/640/600/AIDS-LifeCycle-Ride-3.jpg

We were right here, on this side of the finish line waiting and watching and cheering for them all, and watching for Mike (My friend's brother) and Chris, among the 2,203 riders as they arrived from San Francisco. What a powerful day, as we celebrated with them and realized what an awesome extended family we have when we come together to do things.

After the ceremonies we went to Mike and Steve's and watched the slide show of pictures Mike took along the way. Where whole towns welcomed the Aids riders and had a BBQ for them on one, Ice Cream for all in another and then the shots we don;t get to see.

The tent city they slept in every night, the chow halls set up for their meals,
the porta potties set up at their overnight stops, and the medics with ace bandages, gauze and caring for those injured warriors. I am in awe, and inspired to give more, to care more, to do more. Because, I can.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p480x480/464_10151634483822520_1895992373_n.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/96736c530d6af233613f2971ce92be89/tumblr_mnsny37e1W1r1thfzo1_1280.jpg

LET'S GET IT ON AT SAN DIEGO PRIDE.

Tommi
06-25-2013, 08:29 PM
http://us-mg4.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=bc9qv8jpga6j3
Wednesday 26 June
6:30 pm
Old County Courthouse
211 West Santa Ana Blvd
Santa Ana, 92701
http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/7/b/7/f/global_7951615.jpeg
We are meeting at the Velvet Lounge, at 4:30 pm for happy hour (416 West 4th Street Santa Ana, CA 92701), get something to eat and drink then walk over to the rally at the Old County courthouse, several blocks away. PM me if questions and you can join us at the Lounge or the Court House.
http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs183/1102554956208/img/224.jpg
TOGETHER. THE FUTURE.
The US Supreme Court will deliver its decisions on Prop 8 and DOMA tomorrow morning. We will gather tomorrow (Wednesday) evening in Santa Ana to, we hope, celebrate, but more than anything, to come together as a community in times of great accomplishment or strife. Let's show Orange County, California, and this country that we are here.

For our Santa Ana event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/170273536472179/

Rallies will also be held nationwide. For nationwide events: http://www.lighttojustice.org/

Tommi
06-26-2013, 08:50 AM
~ * CELEBRATE *~
Rallies will also be held nationwide. For nationwide events: http://www.lighttojustice.org/

TWO IMPORTANT DECISIONS AS UNCONSTITUTIONAL

DOMA STRUCK DOWN-

Supreme Court Won't Take Up Prop 8 Case. PROPONENTS DID NOT HAVE STANDING

http://us-mg4.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=bc9qv8jpga6j3
Wednesday 26 June
6:30 pm
Old County Courthouse
211 West Santa Ana Blvd
Santa Ana, 92701
http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/7/b/7/f/global_7951615.jpeg
We are meeting at the Velvet Lounge, at 4:30 pm for happy hour (416 West 4th Street Santa Ana, CA 92701), get something to eat and drink then walk over to the rally at the Old County courthouse, several blocks away. PM me if questions and you can join us at the Lounge or the Court House.
http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs183/1102554956208/img/224.jpg
TOGETHER. THE FUTURE.
The US Supreme Court struck down DOMA
Supreme Court Won't Take Up Prop 8 Case to come together as a community in times of great accomplishment or strife. Let's show Orange County, California, and this country that we are here.

For our Santa Ana event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/170273536472179/

tara_kerrie
06-27-2013, 02:17 PM
I am happy for the progress that was made in California. Hugs to all the CA people!

Genesis
07-05-2013, 12:46 PM
This will be my first time in trying to attend the SD Pride Parade.
I would love to know whom will be thea... Looking forward to see how different it is from the ones back home in NYC.... Cheers!

starryeyes
07-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi :)

I am not going to be at the Parade, but at the festival. I am working at the event, but we will set up an area near the main stage to meet up!

I am going to get an umbrella and blankets today and I'll post the colors!

Lisa

This will be my first time in trying to attend the SD Pride Parade.
I would love to know whom will be thea... Looking forward to see how different it is from the ones back home in NYC.... Cheers!

Genesis
07-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Hello :) Yay! Thank you for taking time to respond to my post.
I look forward to meeting you and everyone else who will be at the
meet up :D @x@ are we bringing food or anything?

Genesis

Hi :)

I am not going to be at the Parade, but at the festival. I am working at the event, but we will set up an area near the main stage to meet up!

I am going to get an umbrella and blankets today and I'll post the colors!

Lisa

Tommi
07-08-2013, 12:08 AM
My two BFF's got married today. I stood up as best man, or best person, or witness as many called it.

kaijiara and I attended their beautiful wedding ceremony, attended by friends and family, and neighbors.

We enjoyed the afterglow of love from all those that toasted in celebration to love, to equality and to the commitment of sharing the passion for life. An afternoon of fun, fantastic food, and opening the gifts of crystal bowls, candle holders, and the obligatory new toaster:)

What a great day in California.

PS. kaijiara caught the bridal bouquet, thrown to her.
I guess they approve ;)

starryeyes
07-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Hello :) Yay! Thank you for taking time to respond to my post.
I look forward to meeting you and everyone else who will be at the
meet up :D @x@ are we bringing food or anything?

Genesis

I am not sure if food is allowed. I know for sure you can't bring any kind of open container. Let me check and I'll get back to you!

I got busy and haven't made it to target for the umbrella.. Lol. I'll post by Friday.

starryeyes
07-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Also, on Friday from 6-7 we are having the "Spirit of Stonewall" awards. George Takei is the keynote speaker. It is a free event at the Pride flag on Normal and University. After that, there is a block party!! Admission is not free for that event, but should be a good time! :)

Virago
07-10-2013, 09:53 AM
I'm going to try to come down for this on Friday. Hope to see you all

starryeyes
07-10-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm going to try to come down for this on Friday. Hope to see you all

Yaya! You will see me waving my hands, haha :)

little_ms_sunshyne
07-10-2013, 12:07 PM
Looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone that will be there!

Genesis
07-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Boo! Wish I could make it down for Friday, but I will definitely be thea on Saturday! Yay!

little_ms_sunshyne
07-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Ready to board my flight! See you this weekend! :)

Genesis
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Have a safe trip, Miss Sunshine!

Genesis
07-13-2013, 08:49 AM
So I made it... waiting for PRIDE Shuttle to take me to the Parade.
Hopefully I will see you all!

curlyredhead
08-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Hey everyone, I wanted to send out a shout and let everyone know I will be in town during the first weekend of October this year. I am flying into John Wayne airport. I think from the looks of it I am going to see about getting a rental car. I get in really late that Friday night. I am pondering if I want to go ahead and drive into LA or stay over night and catch some folks that are close by first and then head out to LA in the morning. My flight leaves around 5pm on Sunday, so I need to allow extra time to travel back to John Wayne airport. It's a short trip but hey why not have fun while I can considering I have never been to Hollywood or LA for that matter.

vagina
04-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Anyone in San Diego?

vagina
05-16-2014, 02:02 AM
Long Beach Pride is this Saturday. I'll be going, most likely you will find me dancing out there.

starryeyes
05-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Anyone in San Diego?

Several of us are from San Diego!

Mel C.
05-17-2014, 01:53 PM
8pm on Saturday, May 31st, kearney mesa bowl. This is a meetup event so For full details, including the address, and to RSVP see:
http://www.meetup.com/SanDiegoLesbianMeetup/events/175877272/
The San Diego Lesbian Meetup

Mel C.
05-26-2014, 12:56 PM
Bumping bowling and brewski...

Whether you like to bowl and/or beer, it will be a good opportunity to meet people in San Diego, the world's finest city.

Mel C.
05-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Bumping bowling and brewski...

Whether you like to bowl and/or beer, it will be a good opportunity to meet people in San Diego, the world's finest city.

Bumping again since the event is tomorrow! Then it is time to post San Diego Pride info

Mel C.
06-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Bowling and brewski is a recurring event taking place the last Saturday of the month. Contact me (or post here) for details.

Mel C.
06-04-2014, 11:40 AM
San Diego Pride 2014
July 18-20
Http://www.sandiegopride.com

vagina
06-20-2014, 02:27 AM
http://www.sandiegopride.org/event/she-fest/

She Fest in San Diego

July 12, 11am-6pm
North Park Community Park

Mel C.
07-01-2014, 05:53 PM
San Diego Pride 2014
July 18-20

Candy_coated_bitch will be visiting from the other coast. Let's get a group together while she is here!

She Fest in San Diego

July 12, 11am-6pm

I RSVP'd and do plan to attend!

vagina
07-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Mel C. send me a PM and we can coordinate. I will give you all the details. I will be in the Pride parade and on main stage on Sunday.

Bells
07-04-2014, 11:38 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything to do in San Bernadino? or if someone would be willing to be a tour guide .

I drive a truck and well my truck broke down . So I am stuck in a hotel for a weekend . and i would love to get out and explore the town .
:detective:

Mel C.
07-04-2014, 12:02 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything to do in San Bernadino? or if someone would be willing to be a tour guide .

I drive a truck and well my truck broke down . So I am stuck in a hotel for a weekend . and i would love to get out and explore the town .
:detective:

I grew up in San Bernarzero as we affectionately referred to it. I haven't been back in several years and it had taken a turn for the worse. It doesn't have much to offer, other than a pit stop on the way up to Lake Arrowhead or Big Bear. If you have a rental car, you are only 90 min away from beaches, which are probably going to be packed. Palm Springs is 30 miles east if you are interested.

Sorry I dont have better info...maybe there is a 4th event nearby???

Galahad
07-04-2014, 09:35 PM
There is nothing to do in SanBdno/The Armpit of Hell. Hopefully you are on Hospitality Lane, the only place there is dining or safer hotel rooms. Stay safe in your hotel room, take long naps, read, watch tv.

starryeyes
07-04-2014, 09:47 PM
There is nothing to do in SanBdno/The Armpit of Hell. Hopefully you are on Hospitality Lane, the only place there is dining or safer hotel rooms. Stay safe in your hotel room, take long naps, read, watch tv.

I agree. That place is the WORST!

Galahad
07-05-2014, 04:29 PM
If you can pick them up in Redlands sometime before the 30th, 5 of Ivan Coyote's short story books, All Ways BF, and both of Feinberg's books. Moving, and the Deadlands thrift stores would toss or burn them.
I need two days notice to meet you so I can arrange for a grandmasitter. They are well used.

Galahad
07-13-2014, 11:59 AM
The books have found a new home. Thank you.

Mel C.
07-13-2014, 01:20 PM
San Diego Pride 2014
July 18-20

She Fest in San Diego

July 12, 11am-6pm

PM me if you want to meet up.

starryeyes
11-22-2014, 11:50 AM
I started a Facebook group to encourage more interaction and social festivities with our So. Cal peeps!! Butch-Femme Group of San Diego. Join if you are interested! <3

MsTinkerbelly
11-22-2014, 12:24 PM
I started a Facebook group to encourage more interaction and social festivities with our So. Cal peeps!! Butch-Femme Group of San Diego. Join if you are interested! <3

Starry- is it butch-femme group of San Diego? Or called something else?

Tommi
11-23-2014, 07:58 AM

Izzzeralink?

Wow, SoCal (News, Events, etc.) hasn't had much activity lately . We must be hibernating, or tht real life stuff gets in the way :)

MsTinkerbelly
11-23-2014, 09:10 AM
Izzzeralink?

Wow, SoCal (News, Events, etc.) hasn't had much activity lately . We must be hibernating, or tht real life stuff gets in the way :)

The problem is that SoCal is bigger than some states, and people don't always have 2-4 (or more) hours round-trip just for driving. Throw in weekend traffic and......

We are much closer to San Diego now, so we can make something in that area. I look forward to meeting some of the Planet peeps.

Mel C.
11-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Izzzeralink?

Wellllllll...where have YOU been Tommi? lol. When ya gonna come see us?

And MsTink...hurry up and visit!

Mel C.
11-23-2014, 10:06 AM

Yes, you have the correct group name. Woohoo!

starryeyes
11-23-2014, 06:08 PM

Maybe I have the group set on the wrong settings. Other friends haven't been able to find it either. I'll try to fix it now.

starryeyes
11-23-2014, 06:11 PM
I had it set to closed by accident. Whoops! It's public now :)

starryeyes
11-23-2014, 09:01 PM
Izzzeralink?

Let's make an event!! :-) hibernation is officially over!

chosetodance
01-10-2015, 03:37 PM
because i said i would

Virago
01-10-2015, 04:42 PM
because i said i would

Chosetodance! Great to see you here!

Mel C.
01-10-2015, 05:05 PM
because i said i would

Love love love this!

Mel C.
01-10-2015, 05:06 PM
Let's make an event!! :-) hibernation is officially over!

I will go if Tommi goes :praying:

MsTinkerbelly
01-10-2015, 08:04 PM
We are in the process of moving this month (same town), but we'll try to be there if something can get put together.

Mel C.
02-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Reunion details are popping up. I hope we have a strong SoCal contingent. We are too fun to miss out!

starryeyes
02-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Reunion details are popping up. I hope we have a strong SoCal contingent. We are too fun to miss out!

Yay!!!!!!! :)

Mel C.
04-24-2015, 07:13 PM
bumping....here we are Tommi

Virago
05-28-2015, 05:30 PM
I've just been asked to organize the women motorcyclists for the Los Angeles Dyke March, Friday evening, June 12.
social hour 6pm, parade begins 'around' 7pm.

All are Welcomed to come and march!! Meet at the corner of San Vicente and Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood

If anyone wants to ride, ride on over!

nycfem
06-28-2015, 05:45 PM
I'm bumping this thread for Jennabelle, as she has a friend looking for extras for a movie in LA. Her post to follow...

Jennabelle
06-29-2015, 03:56 AM
Thanks for bumping! My friend (Debra Eisenstadt Morgen) is looking for extras for a movie to be filmed next week in LA. Her husband wrote/directed/produced the recent Nirvana documentary, "Montage of Heck". I don't know what this movie is about. She just asked that this announcement be circulated so if you aren't in LA tell your friends who live in LA. This call for extras has nothing to do with gender id or sexual orientation. I don't know if it pays (sorry), but there will be free food. Here's her announcement:

Friends/Acquaintances/Complete Strangers
I'm seeking extras for a film I'm making
Your time and energy = comedy and good karma (food too)
It's basically a day (or two if you wish) at the Laugh Factory in Hollywood
When- Thursday, July 2nd, from 8 am to 4pm
You can also drop by later than 8am/9am and leave before 4pm
another option is to come this Monday the 29th - 9am-4pm
(crucial day is Thursday though).
The address:
Laugh Factory
8001 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90046

Hope to see you there!

chosetodance
07-26-2015, 06:28 PM
Mel C.

I don't know anyone's names on here anymore, lol

Mel C.
07-27-2015, 07:09 AM
Mel C.

I don't know anyone's names on here anymore, lol

We need a meet n greet. You know some by different screennames. You could always get introduced in Vegas

Mel C.
07-27-2015, 07:07 PM
So...I will be at the Vegas reunion. Who else is going to represent SoCal?

MsTinkerbelly
07-27-2015, 08:41 PM
We aren't going to make it to the reunion this year...since our daughter moved out of state, we don't have anyone we trust to run the farm while we are gone that long. LoL

If something can be put together somewhere from LA to San Diego, we would love a meet and great. :hangloose:

chosetodance
07-29-2015, 07:19 AM
We aren't going to make it to the reunion this year...since our daughter moved out of state, we don't have anyone we trust to run the farm while we are gone that long. LoL

If something can be put together somewhere from LA to San Diego, we would love a meet and great. :hangloose:

OC is between LA and SD! (and taking into account traffic... may take just as long to get to from both points ;) )

Obviously we are in OC, lol...

Tommi... you're here in OC too - what say you? (Mel C... you like how I did that? Blatant nudge and all. <3)

Orema
08-19-2015, 01:56 PM
US Sand Sculpting Challenge and Dimensional Art Exposition (http://www.sandiego.org/events/us-sand-sculpting-challenge.aspx)

http://readercity.com/attachments/photos/main/520e635f-6888-4530-9ab1-2acf0aa2013d.jpg

Date: September 4 - 7, 2015
Time: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM (Saturday until 9:00 PM)
Price: $6-$19
Venue: B Street Cruise Ship Terminal Pier

4-day sand sculpting extravaganza for the whole family!

We're changing the name of America's 8th largest city between Sepember 4th and 7th, 2015. We're calling it SAND iegoTM. Not only that, we're building a beach high above the water, bringing 300 tons of sand to the 'B' Street cruise ship terminal pier, with our Big Bay on the West and downtown's castles in the sky on the East. It's been called the most creative atmosphere in the world. There's nothing else like it anywhere.

World Master Sand Sculptors come from Italy, Ireland, the Netherlands and Canada, from exotic places like Latvia and Singapore, to challenge the best in the U.S. Their 3-dimensional art is astounding. You'll fall in love with it. But you can't take it with you. The sculptures weigh over 10 tons each and they'd ruin your lawn. So we have over 1,000 works of art that you can fall in love with, buy and take home.

Oh, and there's live entertainment (big bands, singers and more), a sand box and rides for kids, a dozen gourmet food trucks, a great view of the bay, tall ships and cannon battles.

What more can you ask for? What else is there?

Astonishing Sand Sculptures

World Masters Class: 11 master sculptors carving for 4 days...the World against the U.S...the finest sculptures ever seen in San Diego.
Cool California Carvers Class: 9 teams of 3 professionals each carving for 2 days

3-Dimensional Art for the Home

Metal, stone and wood
Hand-made clothing, accessories and jewelry
Glass, acrylics, ceramics
Wall art
Much more

Entertainment All Weekend Long

Big bands, singers, dancers, circus performers, more

Gourmet Food Trucks

A dozen trucks with 100 menu items from all over the country and the world

Kids Activities

Sandbox, sand sculpture classes, Bubble Fun, European Bungie and more
Plus, a significant portion of the proceeds go toward arts education programs that help kids learn to learn

Support Kids Educational Charities

San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts
Young Audiences of San Diego /Arts for Learning
It's All About the Kids Foundation
Maritime Museum of San Diego Education Programs

Virago
08-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Orema!

This looks great!!!

Orema
08-19-2015, 03:38 PM
Orema!

This looks great!!!

It looks like big fun, Virago. Think I'm gonna make it this year. If anyone attends, please let me know so we can meet for a chat, if nothing else. :)

Mel C.
08-19-2015, 09:58 PM
It looks like big fun, Virago. Think I'm gonna make it this year. If anyone attends, please let me know so we can meet for a chat, if nothing else. :)

I don't plan to attend but I can meet up with you before or afterwards

LOQUI
08-19-2015, 11:07 PM
I want to go!!! But I guess being around sand would not be recommended after eye surgery... :(
Now Melc...going to "Gossip" ...I think that must be allowed... :)

Mel C.
08-20-2015, 12:33 AM
(Mel C... you like how I did that? Blatant nudge and all. <3)

I love how you roll (f), now how about a meet-up?

Orema
08-20-2015, 05:08 AM
I don't plan to attend but I can meet up with you before or afterwards

Sounds good, Mel. Thanks. :)

Will let you know if I attend.

*Anya*
11-23-2015, 08:29 PM
The Laugh Factory in Hollywood (Sunset and Laurel) continues their annual tradition of offering free Thanksgiving meals for anyone hungry.

At 1PM, 3PM, 5PM, and 7PM, people will be welcomed. They will not only get a free meal, but they will be served and entertained by comedians.

The owners do this on Christmas Day, too (though they are Jewish).

:turkeyday:

Luv
11-30-2015, 03:35 PM
I don't post much but wanted to stop by and say hello to all the Ca peeps. Hope ya'll have a great holiday season!

Virago
11-30-2015, 04:15 PM
I don't post much but wanted to stop by and say hello to all the Ca peeps. Hope ya'll have a great holiday season!

Hi Luv! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Luv
11-30-2015, 04:21 PM
Same to you Virago! Thank-you

Virago
12-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Finally home from my European trip, so I have not had the opportunity to post this before, but I've been asked to speak on a panel tonight at California State University Northridge. Topic: Lesbian culture pre vs post stonewall, strongly focusing on how the bars became the center of our community. One bartender from each decade invited to speak. As a bar owner in the 80's and a bartender in the 90's I will be representing both decades. Invited by and moderated by Marie Cartier PhD, author of "Baby, You are My Religion; Women, Gay Bars, and Theology Before Stonewall" Location is The Gender & Women's Studies Dept, rm 340 http://babyyouaremyreligion.com/ Time is 7pm

"Baby You Are My Religion argues that American butch-femme bar culture of the mid-20th Century should be interpreted as a sacred space for its community. Before Stonewall - when homosexuals were still deemed mentally ill - these bars were the only place where many could have any community at all. "

~ocean
12-02-2015, 02:31 PM
San Bernadino Ca. shooting at a developmental service bldg. so far 3 dead several hurt and the suspect or suspects in body armor is still in the bldg. PRAY for these poor ppl who now have become victims.

gotoseagrl
12-02-2015, 05:30 PM
San Bernadino Ca. shooting at a developmental service bldg. so far 3 dead several hurt and the suspect or suspects in body armor is still in the bldg. PRAY for these poor ppl who now have become victims.

The count is up to 14 now. Too close to home, and friends are on lock down at work. This is so devastating.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/san-bernardino-shooting/

Mel C.
01-30-2016, 12:10 PM
Dear SoCal friends,

We have the pleasure of hosting Chad and SaltyButch in San Diego Feb 12-15. We will be dining, visiting the zoo, going to Gossip Grill and celebrating Single Awareness Day of course. I believe there is a Singles dance (couples welcome) on Saturday with a red (devil) and white (angel) theme.

Post here or PM me if you are interested in doing something with us.

SaltyButch
01-31-2016, 08:09 PM
Dear SoCal friends,

We have the pleasure of hosting Chad and SaltyButch in San Diego Feb 12-15. We will be dining, visiting the zoo, going to Gossip Grill and celebrating Single Awareness Day of course. I believe there is a Singles dance (couples welcome) on Saturday with a red (devil) and white (angel) theme.

I'm so looking forward to this weekend...its been a great winter so far but the sunshine will feel wonderful...

Chad
01-31-2016, 09:03 PM
Dear SoCal friends,

I have always wanted to visit San Diego. Thanks to Mel and SaltyButch this will be a dream come true. I look forward to meeting local BFP members and new friends.

Chad

Bèsame*
01-31-2016, 10:44 PM
I'm so looking forward to this weekend...its been a great winter so far but the sunshine will feel wonderful...
Have a good time! It's a beautiful city, request a drive over the Coronado Bridge and a visit to Hillcrest. Eat Rubio's fish tacos and video some waves:)

homoe
02-01-2016, 06:02 AM
Dear SoCal friends,

WOW......you three on the lose in San Diego on Valentine Day Weekend! One can only imagine what trouble you's could get into! IF Bail money is needed, look no further than me...lol

Mel C.
02-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Dear SoCal friends,

Ooohh...this just in...there is a Burlesque show Sunday at GG!!

Mel C.
02-11-2016, 05:23 PM
Less than 24 hours until SoCal is invaded by two handsome and kind butches. We will be out and about (zoo, dancing, burlesque show @ gossip grill, etc.) and welcome the company. There will be time for coffee and meals too. Don't forget to PM me if you don't already have my number.

trixie
02-16-2016, 10:34 AM
Thanks for letting me invade butch weekend. I got to be an honorary butch! Yay!

*swagger*

Mel C.
02-16-2016, 01:56 PM
Thanks for letting me invade butch weekend. I got to be an honorary butch! Yay!

*swagger*

I'm glad you were able to join us. It's always nice to be in the presence of a lovely femme.

SaltyButch
02-16-2016, 07:44 PM
Less than 24 hours until SoCal is invaded by two handsome and kind butches. We will be out and about (zoo, dancing, burlesque show @ gossip grill, etc.) and welcome the company. There will be time for coffee and meals too. Don't forget to PM me if you don't already have my number.

What an amazing weekend, I left the deep freeze and arrived to sunshine and hot temperatures. The weekend was filled with much fun and laughter and time spent with great people....I left and came home to snow....bah....I want to go back.......

Orema
02-26-2016, 09:05 AM
The San Diego Festival of Science and Engineering (https://www.lovestemsd.org/) is a ten-day educational experience including

– interactive demonstrations
– hands-on activities
– dynamic speakers to engage kids and families in all that encompasses STEM (science, technology, engineering and math)

The week kicks off with its largest event EXPO Day (March 5th) at PETCO Park.

EXPO Day is free and open to the public.

Hundreds of community businesses and organizations will participate in EXPO Day in addition to over 60 programs and events that will follow throughout the week all throughout the county of San Diego.

More than 75,000 kids, parents, teachers, industry leaders and community members are anticipated to attend during Festival Week.

https://www.lovestemsd.org/mission

Orema
04-05-2016, 09:46 AM
1. Healthy Living Festival (http://www.healthylivingfestival.com/), April 9–10

2. San Diego Earth Fair (http://www.earthdayweb.org/EarthFair.html) Fair, April 17

3. Fallbrook Avocado Festival (http://www.fallbrookchamberofcommerce.org/events-v2/avocado-festival.html), April 17

Ts_kaijira
08-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Tommi and I will be there all day Sat and maybe late Fri, early Sun. Any one want to join us?

Virago
08-07-2016, 09:28 AM
Tommi and I will be there all day Sat and maybe late Fri, early Sun. Any one want to join us?

Sounds like fun! I wonder if I can get off work :) Haven't been to a GayDay in a looong time

Ts_kaijira
08-07-2016, 01:17 PM
Tommi says it's been too long!

Tommi
08-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Well, we know Southern California is a great place with lots of things to do, so here is a thread we can discuss local stuff (news, events, places to go, etc.).

So, come together, lets meet in Anaheim in Oct.

Tommi
08-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Less than two months away
Disneyland day and night life
Park and restaurants oh so gay

Check out all that is happening over that weekend
at the Gay Days website

GAY DAYS ANAHEIM (http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com)

Mel C.
08-07-2016, 09:49 PM

I'm a definite maybe. I can't plan that far ahead but bump the thread as the event date gets closer!

Tommi
08-09-2016, 12:19 PM
*Full Calendar of Events and Info * (http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/)

Check out the RED SHIRT DAYS AT DISNEY thread (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8128)
Let's do it. Join us for a day at Disneyland during the

Annual Gay Days at Disneyland, Anaheim.

Put on your Red Shirt and get ready to ride. Watch the happiest place on earth become the gayest.

Sat~ 8 AM to Midnight

35,000 LGBTQ in the same place, the happiest and gayest place , that weekend

Sounds like fun! I wonder if I can get off work :) Haven't been to a GayDay in a looong time

I'm a definite maybe. I can't plan that far ahead but bump the thread as the event date gets closer!

check it out..Evnets, etc. and what isn't there, we plan on local accomadating.
as in Sweet Suite for those out of towners. :pirate-steer::tea:
RSVP.

Tommi
08-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Happy Hump Day..You know that in just 2 months there will be a gathering at all the hot spots at Disneyland, Pubs, restaurants, coffee stops, the Pirates of the Caribbean , the King Arthur Carousel , well. the Haunted Mansion, and
lines won't be as long as ususal, and will be full of fun smiling, happy and gay peeps in red shirts.

*Full Calendar of Events and Info * (http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/)

Check out the RED SHIRT DAYS AT DISNEY thread (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8128)
Let's do it. Join us for a day at Disneyland during the

Annual Gay Days at Disneyland, Anaheim.

Put on your Red Shirt and get ready to ride. Watch the happiest place on earth become the gayest.

Sat~ 8 AM to Midnight

35,000 LGBTQ in the same place, the happiest and gayest place , that weekend

check it out..Evnets, etc. and what isn't there, we plan on local accomadating.
as in Sweet Suite for those out of towners. :pirate-steer::tea:
RSVP.

Virago
08-30-2016, 10:57 PM
I have been invited to speak on a panel for the City of West Hollywood based on the book "Baby You Are My Religion- An Examination of the American butch-femme bar culture of the mid 20th Century as sacred space for its community" by CSUN professor, Dr. Marie Cartier. If you find yourself in West Hollywood on Sunday afternoon, September 18, check it out :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/555465714641777/?notif_t=event_description_mention&notif_id=1472606774534513

Orema
12-31-2016, 05:08 AM
New California Laws for 2017 (http://www.capradio.org/tags/news/2016/new-california-laws-2017/) (It takes awhile for the web page to load)

AB1843, Juvenile Criminal History, Prohibits employers from asking for or taking into consideration juvenile convictions during hiring process.

SB3, Minimum Wage Increase, Raises minimum wage for workers at businesses with 26+ employees from $10 to $10.50 per hour.

AB1066, Farm Workers Overtime, Requires employers to give farm workers at least one day off each week.

AB2888, Prison Sentences for Sex Crimes, Mandatory prison sentences for sexual-assault crimes and bans probation-only sentences.

AB53, Rear-Facing Car Seats, Requires rear-facing car seats for children under two-years old.

AB797, Good Samaritan Pet Rescue, Allows a bystander to break into a parked car without civil liability to rescue and animal at risk of overheating.

AB1289, Ride-Hailing Driver Background Checks, Requires background checks for ride-hailing (i.e. Lyft/Uber) drivers.

AB1322, Shave and a Haircut—Two Beers?, Allows barbershops and salons to serve complimentary beer or wine without a license.

AB1995, Showers for Homeless College Students, Requires community colleges to offer shower access to homeless students.

AB1785, Ban on Smart Phone Use While Driving, Prohibits drivers from operating a handheld smart phone unless it's mounted to the dashboard and activated with single finger tap or swipe.

AB2022, Recycle Drinking Water, Allows Californians to drink recycled wastewater (purified reused water) for educational purposes.

AB691, Digital Assets in Death, Creates process to access and manage a deceased person's digital assets and electronic communications.

AB1570, Selling Autographed Books, Requires anyone selling a signed book for more than $5 to vouch for the autograph’s authenticity.

AB1668, "Right to Try" Allows patients who are terminally ill to try experimental drugs.

SB1322, Rape Statute of Limitations, Eliminates criminal statute of limitations for rape cases.

AB1386, Epipen in the Workplace, Allows businesses to stock Epipens, and allows volunteers who go through training to administer them without civil liability.

SB150, Homeowner Survivor Bill of Rights, Extends foreclosure protections to surviving family members of a deceased mortgage holder.

Gun Laws, New gun laws taking effect in 2017 (Limits ability of gun owners to loan firearms. Criminalizes false reports of lost or stolen guns. Requires gun owners, including law enforcement personnel, to secure guns in unattended vehicles.)

For more details on each bill, click here (http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billSearchClient.xhtml) to visit California's Legislative website.

*Anya*
12-31-2016, 08:01 AM
My DUI guys are pretty upset about this new law:

DUI 'Ignition' Interlock Devices

Senate Bill 1046 would extend a pilot program that requires most convicted DUI drivers to install ignition interlock devices -- also referred to as IIDs -- that would prevent them from operating a motor vehicle while under the influence.

Under the law, the offender must be able to obtain a restricted driver's license, have their license reissued, or get their motor vehicle privileges reinstated on the condition that they install an IID in their vehicle for a prescribed amount of time.

The bill extends the pilot program in four California counties -- Los Angeles, Alameda, Sacramento and Tulare counties -- before it expands to the the entire state on Jan. 1, 2019.

It is not yet in Orange County but his PO is in LA County, as was the offense he committed so since he lives in OC: he had to have said device installed, and;

Mom isn't too happy it is in her car because son borrows it. She has to blow into the device in order to get the car to start each day.

https://tribktla.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/ignition.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&strip=all

*Anya*
12-31-2016, 08:02 AM
Sorry. It looked like a little picture:(

Mel C.
12-31-2016, 12:39 PM
Good time for a bump Anya. May 2017 bring the SoCal peeps a merry and prosperous year.

MsTinkerbelly
05-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Exciting news Californians!

Senate Bill SB 562 has passed through the first committee and is working its way through our legislature.

What is SB 562?

Single payer GUARANTEED healthcare for all Californians!

Call your Senators and keep calling...if we can do it in California you know the rest will follow.

Orema
05-15-2017, 07:55 AM
San Diego's annual county fair is the largest fair in California, offering a variety of food, entertainment, exhibits, rides and games throughout the beautiful and historical Del Mar Fairgrounds in the oceanfront village of Del Mar.

For information on the 2017 San Diego County Fair, click here (https://sdfair.com/) or here (https://www.sandiego.org/members/parks-gardens/del-mar-fairgrounds-22nd-daa/events/2016-san-diego-county-fair.aspx).

Mel C.
05-15-2017, 11:11 AM
We are going to have a butch-femme gathering in Las Vegas October 6 - 9, 2017. Save the date(s)! Vegas isn't far so I hope SoCal makes a nice showing.

Orema
06-08-2017, 10:11 AM
2017 San Diego Summer Fun suggestions:

http://www.10news.com/san-diego-family-fun

Mel C.
06-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Let's not forget San Diego Pride (https://sdpride.org) July 14th - 16th.

Orema
06-29-2017, 06:57 AM
http://www.sandiegomagazine.com/San-Diego-Magazine/July-2014/Summer-Guide-4th-of-July-Fireworks/4th-of-july-fireworks.jpg

Click here (https://www.sandiego.org/campaigns/summer-in-san-diego/4th-of-july.aspx) for the locations of holiday fireworks and celebrations in San Diego County.

TempestuousFemme
07-30-2017, 03:18 PM
Hello other So Cal people just wanted to say hi from the Mojave Desert! (f)

Mel C.
07-30-2017, 04:56 PM
Hello other So Cal people just wanted to say hi from the Mojave Desert! (f)

Hi from San Diego!

TempestuousFemme
08-03-2017, 12:17 AM
Quiet in here... (f)

Orema
08-21-2017, 09:52 AM
The following is a list of helpful Websites and Links to keep you safe in an emergency in San Diego. Be sure to check these out now so that you, too, can be ready for anything:

SD Emergency Info:
http://www.sdcountyemergency.com/

Food safety tips
http://foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/storagetimes.html

SD County boil water advisory info number:
http://twitter.com/#!/SanDiegoCounty/status/112213409172430848

SDGE automated system to report your power out:
http://twitter.com/#!/SDGE/status/112141520676732929

Emergency checklist:
http://www.ready.gov/america/_downloads/checklist.pdf

SDGE energy saving tip video:
http://www.sdge.com/news/video.shtml

For much more complete checklists & handy tips on effective preparedness check out the links below

http://www.211sandiego.org/

http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/oes/ready/

http://www.sandiego.gov/fireandems/cert/disaster.shtml

http://www.sdarc.org/

Orema
08-21-2017, 10:13 AM
US Sand Sculpting Challenge and Dimensional Art Exposition (https://www.sandiego.org/explore/events/festivals-and-street-fairs/us-sand-sculpting-challenge.aspx)

September 1st and 4th, 2017

https://s2.postimg.org/nbfzhr70p/U.S.-_Sand-_Sculpting-_Challenge-2015-30aa.jpg

US Sand Sculpting Challenge and Dimensional Art Exposition is an extravaganza for the whole family with Master Sand Sculptors, entertainment, food and more.

It's a 4-day extravaganza for the whole family!

We're changing the name of America's 8th largest city between September 1st and 4th, 2017. We're calling it SANDiegoTM. Not only that, we're building a beach high above the water, bringing 300 tons of sand to the Broadway Pier with our Big Bay on the West and downtown's castles in the sky on the East. It's been called the most creative atmosphere in the world. There's nothing else like it anywhere.

World Master Sand Sculptors come from Italy, Ireland, the Netherlands and Canada, from exotic places like Latvia and Russia, to challenge the best in the U.S. Their 3-dimensional art is astounding. You'll fall in love with it. But you can't take it with you. The sculptures weigh over 10 tons each and they'd ruin your lawn. So we have over 1,000 works of art that you can fall in love with, buy and take home.

Oh, and there's live entertainment (big bands, singers and more), a sand box and rides for kids, a dozen gourmet food trucks, a great view of the bay, tall ships and cannon battles.

https://commdiginews-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/sandman-blues-b-gowdy-800.jpg

What more can you ask for? What else is there?

Astonishing Sand Sculptures

World Masters Class: 11 master sculptors carving for 4 days...the World against the U.S...the finest sculptures ever seen in San Diego.
Cool California Carvers Class: 7 teams of 3 professionals each carving for 2 days

3-Dimensional Art for the Home

Metal, stone and wood
Hand-made clothing, accessories and jewelry
Glass, acrylics, ceramics
Wall art
Much more

Entertainment All Weekend Long

Big bands paying tribute to the Beatles, Beach Boys, Dylan, Journey and other greats—even a special appearance by Elvis

Gourmet Food Trucks

A dozen trucks with 100 menu items from all over the country and the world

Kids Activities

Sandbox, sand sculpture classes, Bubble Fun, European Bungie and more
Plus, a significant portion of the proceeds go toward arts education programs that help kids learn to learn

Support Kids Educational Charities

Arts for Learning San Diego
San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts
It's All About the Kids Foundation
Maritime Museum kids’ educational programs

http://www.teamsandtastic.com/IMAGES/Volvo-SanDiego-A.jpg

Orema
11-08-2017, 11:26 AM
San Diego Bay Parade of Lights (https://www.sandiego.org/explore/events/parades/san-diego-bay-parade-of-lights.aspx)

The San Diego Bay Parade of Lights is a time-honored holiday tradition with more than 80 boats lavishly decorated sailing by the shores for all to see.

Join us for the 46th annual San Diego Bay Parade of Lights, brought to San Diego by the boating community. Held on two consecutive Sundays in December, the parade proceeds from Shelter Island past Harbor Island, the Embarcadero, Seaport Village, Pier at Cesar Chavez Park and the Ferry Landing in Coronado. Whether you're a participant or spectator, the Parade of Lights is a festive and delightful experience for all!

2017 Theme - Arrrgh! A Pirate’s Christmas :pirate-steer:

Parade Dates and Times

The San Diego Bay Parade of Lights is held two consecutive Sundays:

– Sunday, December 10, 2017
– Sunday, December 17, 2017

Approximate Times at Locations Around the Bay

The parade takes approximately one hour to one and a half hours to pass any given point along the parade route. The approximate arrival time of the parade at various locations are:

– Shelter Island (start of parade): 5:00 PM
– Harbor Island: 5:30 PM
– The Embarcadero: 6:00 PM
– Seaport Village: 6:30 PM
– The Pier at Cesar Chavez Park: 6:45 PM
– Ferry Landing on Coronado: 7:00 PM

Best Viewing Locations

For those viewing the parade from the water, the best vantage point for viewing is where the parade turns west to Coronado, near the 10th Street Terminal. For those on land, try the north and south ends of the Embarcadero, as well as the pathway along Coronado, as these areas tend to be less crowded. Other excellent viewing points are the park behind Seaport Village, Harbor Island, Shelter Island and the new pier at Cesar Chavez Park. If you plan on viewing the parade from Harbor Island, get there early as available parking spaces fill up quickly.

https://www.sandiego.org/explore/events/parades/san-diego-bay-parade-of-lights.aspx

Orema
12-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Here is a link that includes map and locations of the recent fire activity.

http://www.fire.ca.gov/general/firemaps

*Anya*
01-03-2018, 11:24 AM
California Online
(Please note: We regularly highlight articles on news sites that have limited access for nonsubscribers)

・ The Trump administration is requesting that the 2020 census include questions about immigration status. There are fears this could lead to a massive undercounting of the California Latino population, which could have consequences ranging from the reapportionment of legislative seats to the distribution of federal funds. The decennial census has not asked all respondents whether they were citizens since 1960. [The New York Times]

・ The number of workers complaining that their bosses are threatening to get them deported is on the rise in California. The cases include instances in which employers allegedly threatened to report workers to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement after workers raised issues over working conditions, including wage theft. [Los Angeles Times]

・ President Trump on Tuesday declared a major disaster in California over the Thomas fire in Southern California. The declaration means that the federal government may cover 75 percent of firefighting costs, which approached $200 million. The federal government may also cover costs of recovering from the blaze, including the removal of vast amounts of debris in fire-denuded areas. [Associated Press via Mercury News]

・ Los Angeles prosecutors are reviewing two cases brought by the Beverly Hills Police Department against Harvey Weinstein. [Associated Press via The New York Times]

・ There’s a growing debate over whether someone should replace San Francisco’s acting mayor, London Breed, in the lead up to the election that will choose a replacement for the late Ed Lee. But it’s unclear whether a majority of the notoriously fractious Board of Supervisors will coalesce behind any one candidate. [San Francisco Chronicle]

・ Highway politics: Drivers entering California from Arizona and Nevada saw fake signs welcoming them to an “official sanctuary state” that’s home to “felons” and gang members. The signs, which were removed, appeared just under the official “Welcome to California” signs. [Associated Press via The New York Times]

・ As the New Year arrived, twins were born in Kern County 18 minutes apart. That was enough to give them different birth years. Warning: adorable photos of the sleeping twins. [Sacramento Bee]

・ Sex Parties of the Tech and Famous. “At normal tech parties, there are hardly any women. At these kinds of party, there are tons of them.” [Vanity Fair]

・ Is Jon Gruden the right choice to coach the Raiders? Yes, says everyone. [San Francisco Chronicle]

And Finally …
William M. McCarthy, an armament expert for the U.S. War Department, lived in San Francisco during the first half of the 20th century. An avid and able photographer, Mr. McCarthy documented his travels around California with his wife, Grace. The result is a collection of photographs that give us a remarkably diverse record of the key moments in the state’s history — the devastation of the Great Fire in San Francisco after the 1906 earthquake; the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge — and historical street views of Los Angeles, Yosemite and the Mexican border, among many other places. The collection, preserved by the California State Archives, is available here. Here’s a small sampling:

California Today goes live at 6 a.m. Pacific time weekdays. Tell us what you want to see: CAtoday@nytimes.com.

California Today is edited by Julie Bloom, who grew up in Los Angeles and graduated from U.C. Berkeley.

Orema
01-03-2018, 12:36 PM
New California Laws You Need to Know for 2018 (https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/New-California-Laws-You-Need-to-Know-for-2018-467025293.html)

Here's a look at some of the new California laws for 2018:

LGBT RIGHTS FOR LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY (Senate Bill No. 219): This new law strengthens an existing law and makes it unlawful for a facility to act against an individual on the basis of their sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or their HIV status. Facilities cannot deny admission, transfer, refuse transfer, discharge or evict LGBT residents. Facilities must use a resident’s preferred name or pronouns. Get to know the bill here (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB693).

SALARY INFORMATION (Assembly Bill No. 168): Under the new bill employers are prohibited from asking salary information of an applicant. Employers are also prohibited from relying on salary history as a factor in determining salary for a new employee. View the new bill here (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB168).

EMPLOYERS BANNED FROM ASKING CRIMINAL HISTORY ON APPLICATIONS (Assembly Bill No. 1008): This new law bans employers, state agencies, and public utilities with five or more workers from including, on any application, any questions about an applicant’s conviction history. Employers are not to consider a person’s criminal background until the applicant has received an offer. And if an employer then decides to take back the offer, the employer is required to notify the applicant in writing, with specific information, as to why the offer is being rescinded. Applicant is allowed to challenge, and the employer is required to review that challenge. Check out the bill here (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB1008).

AMMUNITION SALES (Assembly Bill No. 693): Under this law all ammunition sales and transfers has to be made in person through a licensed vendor – approved by the State’s Department of Justice. Out of state purchases and internet purchases must also go through a vendor. The law does not apply to police officers, and law enforcement officers of a city, county, city and county, and state or federal government. View the bill here (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB693).

WORK SITE IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT AND PROTECTIONS (Assembly Bill No. 450): This law protects workers from immigration enforcement while on the job. An employer or someone acting on behalf of an employer is not allowed to let an immigration agent enter non-public areas of a work place unless the agent has a warrant. Public and private employers can face fines up to $10,000 for each violations. Read the bill here.
MINIMUM WAGE: Minimum wage increases to $10.50 per hour for employers with 25 or fewer workers, $11 per hour for employers with 26 or more employees. More info here (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB450).

RECREATIONAL MARIJUANA: The legal use of recreational marijuana goes into effect Jan. 1. While it’s up to individual cities to create their own rules, the state has some broad rules, such as pot shops have to be at least 600 feet away from schools and must close by 10 p.m. The state’s website is under construction, but there is some information on there – check out the “Marijuana goes legal in California on Jan. 1 — what you need to know.” View the website here (https://cannabis.ca.gov/).

Orema
02-22-2018, 12:00 PM
Science & Engineering Expo Day at Petco Park (https://www.lovestemsd.org/expo-day).

Saturday, March 3-11, 2018

https://www.lovestemsd.org/sites/default/files/sq/gogglefirl.jpg

It's FREE to the public and open from 10a.m. – 5p.m. Parking is available for $5 in the Tailgate lot and Padres Parkade, but the trolley is a great way to visit, too.

https://www.lovestemsd.org/sites/default/files/sq/point.jpg

And, here (https://www.lovestemsd.org/festival-week) is a link to the Science and Engineering festival acitivies in March.

https://www.lovestemsd.org/sites/default/files/sq/computer.jpg

Lyte
02-22-2018, 02:13 PM
Ugh... I'm so.. California Dreaming ... right now! It's cold 'n' wet 'n' foggy 'n' gloomy here in Texas.

Missin' my home state... :sunglass:

girl_dee
02-22-2018, 04:29 PM
i can’t wait to experience SoCal!

Orema
03-05-2018, 08:47 AM
San Diego Earth Fair (http://www.earthdayweb.org/EarthFair.html)

Sunday, April 22, 2018 – National Earth Day!

Balboa Park • 10am - 5pm

From the EarthWorks website:

Our annual EarthFair in Balboa Park is the largest free annual environmental fair in the world. EarthFair 2018 will be our 29th annual event! Each year, the EarthFair draws around 60,000 visitors.

Produced by 300 volunteers, EarthFair 2018 will feature more than 300 exhibitors, special theme areas, a Food Pavilion, a special Children's Activity Area, four entertainment venues, the Children’s Earth Parade, the eARTh Gallery arts and crafts show, and the Cleaner Car Concourse.

ubGVW0W8Av4

For more information, click here (http://www.earthdayweb.org/EarthFair.html).

Orema
05-17-2018, 10:49 AM
San Diego Chipotle Supports Pride (https://www.10news.com/news/san-diego-chipotle-restaurants-support-pride)

On Thursday, May 17, San Diegans get to enjoy a Chipotle lunch while celebrating Pride!

Head to any San Diego Chipotle, mention you're there for the San Diego Pride fundraiser and they will donate 50 percent of the proceeds.

WHEN: Thursday, May 17 from 10:45 a.m. to close

https://www.10news.com/news/san-diego-chipotle-restaurants-support-pride

Orema
07-15-2020, 04:53 PM
San Diego Pride goes online with lineup of virtual events (https://www.10news.com/lifestyle/exploring-san-diego/san-diego-pride-announces-lineup-of-virtual-events)

https://i.postimg.cc/63rjjKDr/url-http-ewscripps-brightspot-s3-amazonaws-com-d6-54-8fc906c440a1b36c9bb4af1088b4-san-diego-pride.jpg

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — This year's Pride celebration is going virtual starting this weekend for San Diegans to enjoy from home amid the pandemic.

Pride's events will stream online between July 11 and July 18, including the Spirit of Stone Wall Rally, Light Up Cathedral, speakers, and entertainment. The live programming is being made available for free.

Here's a list of scheduled events and links:

She Fest (July 11 at 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.): San Diego Pride's celebrations kick off with She Fest, celebrating the talents and contributions of women while fostering connections within and between San Diego's LGBTQ and larger communities. The live-streamed event will feature live music, art, games and activities, cooking demonstrations, interviews, workshops, a pet fashion show, and more. | Link (https://sdpride.org/shefest/)

Light Up Cathedral (July 15 at 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.): Interfaith leaders, elected officials, and San Diego’s LGBTQ community will honor the LGBTQ interfaith community, present the 2020 Light of Pride Award, and celebrate virtually with the annual rainbow lighting of St. Paul’s Episcopal Cathedral. | Link (https://sdpride.org/lightup/)

Spirit of Stone Wall Rally (July 17 at 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.): Pride's Spirit of Stone Wall Rally will honor community leaders during the annual presentation of the Spirit of Stonewall Awards, recognizing individuals who contribute significantly to the LGBTQ community through their leadership, activism, and fundraising efforts. | Link (https://sdpride.org/event/rally/)

Pride Live (July 18 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.): The annual Pride festival and parade may not happen in-person, but virtually, organizers are holding a full day of showcasing community organizations, volunteers, leaders, and entertainment. | Link (https://sdpride.org/event/e71820/)

:poc-cool:

BestButchBoy
06-21-2021, 08:14 AM
I now live in SoCal, specifically Los Angeles. Raise your hand and say hello if you are also in SoCal area.

Cheers for Queers!