PDA

View Full Version : COVID Life

Medusa
02-11-2021, 05:01 PM
Hey Folks-

I know many of us have had sweeping changes to our lives during the time of Covid over the last year.

Here is a place to vent, talk, chat, and compare stories. Maybe you've found a good resource to help you navigate the world? Or maybe you've tried a new recipe?

Or maybe you are one of the millions (like me) who are now working at home full-time?

How has the world changed for you? Are you working at home now? Going out less? Hate wearing a mask?

Talk to us!

Kätzchen
02-11-2021, 07:26 PM
Lots of things have changed for me. I still work on campus; only 1/2 of the people who work in our building work from home. I have learned something important about how masks can save your life, as well as helping me to limit contaminates in the air (ie, pollen, allergy triggers) from making me ill. I usually come down with a bad case of allergies, twice a year, spring and fall, but since wearing a mask (now I double mask), I have not yet had the usual bout with allergens. I look forward to the day when we will not have to wear a mask in public. Overall, I'd say the pandemic has reshaped my awareness in social or private ways.

easygoingfemme
02-12-2021, 06:57 AM
Hmmm

Work just got more intense for me. I've had maybe two days when I worked from home due to potential exposure but other than that I've been in my office every day. Things are extra hard because all of the courts are closed or virtual and very selective so things like restraining orders, felony charges, evictions are damn near impossible which feeds domestic violence which makes my job extra intense. It's hard to get green cards and social security cards for individuals who are trying to get documented in the states so they are in a shitty limbo. I could go on. But the isolation and lack of resources makes things dangerous and mentally distressing to the vulnerable population I work with.

I pretty much just work and go home. Market when we need to, Lowes, Home Depot. I zoom yoga with my girlfriends on Saturdays. I hate yoga but I miss my friends so I Yoga with them. I really miss my family. I'm coming up on a year since I last hugged my mom and that's a really really long time for us. I haven't had 1:1 time with my nephews in over 6 months- just visits through a window. With this cold, those visits don't last long.

However, Daddy and I make good use of our time on the weekends. I'm learning woodworking and learning that I love creating that way. It's really exciting to think of a project and learn how to make it and make learning mistakes on the way and come out with something to be proud of. We planted a killer garden last summer and are making our plans for what to grow this year. Since we built the fence and garden beds and trellis last year, this year will be a lot easier to get going- just need to plant and maintain.

By the end of February we both will have received both COVID shots so, while we still need to be careful to protect others, we can be a little less concerned and hopefully get some social time with others who have been vaccinated.

GeorgiaMa'am
02-12-2021, 04:01 PM
As most of you already know, I had Covid at the end of last year. Well, it took awhile, but all of my symptoms are gone except I still don't have my sense of smell back.

So today, I had to get another Covid test (so I can have a hospital procedure next week). When the RN poked me in the nose, I teared up - of course - but then when she quit, I could smell! Only really strong smells - there was a car freshener hanging right by my nose. But since I got home, I can still smell strong smells, like Bath and Body Works hand soap. We'll see what happens!

easygoingfemme
02-12-2021, 06:39 PM
As most of you already know, I had Covid at the end of last year. Well, it took awhile, but all of my symptoms are gone except I still don't have my sense of smell back.

So today, I had to get another Covid test (so I can have a hospital procedure next week). When the RN poked me in the nose, I teared up - of course - but then when she quit, I could smell! Only really strong smells - there was a car freshener hanging right by my nose. But since I got home, I can still smell strong smells, like Bath and Body Works hand soap. We'll see what happens!

Wow that's crazy and good! Maybe you should report that to COVID research?

Reminds me of when my chest used to be numb from surgery but when I got the scars tattood my nerves woke up and I could feel my chest again. Mostly.

GeorgiaMa'am
02-12-2021, 09:51 PM
Reminds me of when my chest used to be numb from surgery but when I got the scars tattood my nerves woke up and I could feel my chest again. Mostly.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing! I hope your nerves didn't wake up until after the tattooing was over. :)

easygoingfemme
02-13-2021, 09:21 AM
I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing! I hope your nerves didn't wake up until after the tattooing was over. :)

Well, it was a six session tattoo. After the second session my nerves were pretty awake. After years with no sensation there I had to use a numbing cream for the remaining sessions because it was intense...

Chad
02-13-2021, 10:19 AM
I have been working from home for almost a year. I even got a big promotion working from home. It is hard for mom because she is a social lady. I take her for drives and that helps a little. I miss travel and seeing my friends. We all miss eating out.

Orema
02-13-2021, 05:52 PM
I’ve been luckier than most without having much of an impact by Covid. I’ve had lots of changes in the last year, but that’s a result of me unexpectedly quitting my job and reducing the stress more than covid.

Still, I had planned on going on a cruise to Panama and through the canal for their Jazz Festival and that’s not likely to happen now that I’m no longer working. I just hope I can be in crowds again for music, lesbian, and art festivals locally.

I hibernate well, but I like getting out amount my peeps and being infused with that energy.

I’m eligible for the vaccination but will get it as soon as my healthcare plan is updated in Michigan. Didn’t want to get it while traveling with the possibly of getting symptoms and being rejected at the airport if tested (as I was tested).

Lucky to be healthy and safe. Just hoping I stay this way till I get the vaccine.

I live by masks and plastic gloves.

Hoping everyone stays healthy and well.

Vincent
02-14-2021, 08:29 AM
Living in Australia,has seemed like an alternative reality to the rest of the world
I live my normal life,my life has not changed
I feel like shit when I come on here and post rubbish,and then read a member has passed away,not sure if it is covid or not,but I think,why did I post that BS,when life in the US has been impacted forever,with so many covid deaths.
I do think of Sherrie often,when I come on here.
we did use to skype,a long time ago

I just don't have any more words,I just feel so fucking sad for all the members here losing people.

sorry for cursing,it's an Aussie thing

GeorgiaMa'am
02-14-2021, 02:34 PM
I live my normal life,my life has not changed
I feel like shit when I come on here and post rubbish . . .

Please don't feel bad to come on here and post about your "normal" life (although it sounds like you have experienced some loss as well). It's wonderful for me to know that somewhere in the world, life is going on for people. I love hearing about your and everybody's everyday lives, with or without Covid, and especially without Covid. It's a relief.

MrSunshine
02-14-2021, 04:38 PM
I’ve just really grown a lot of hair

Vincent
02-15-2021, 12:06 AM
Please don't feel bad to come on here and post about your "normal" life (although it sounds like you have experienced some loss as well). It's wonderful for me to know that somewhere in the world, life is going on for people. I love hearing about your and everybody's everyday lives, with or without Covid, and especially without Covid. It's a relief.

It just feels a bit superficial
with everything in the US

covid
Now Trump being acquited
the election
the stroming of your parliament,Ive been to the US,so I can imagine most folks must have been totally traumatised watching,and now that prick has been equited.

If you were Australian we would say
How much can a Koala bear!!!!!!

for me to complain I got a speeding fine,kinda feels,a bit

strange

But thanks for responding
I never know if I should just shut up.

homoe
02-15-2021, 11:20 AM
~~
My only gripe is not being able to fly "safely"!

Semantics
02-15-2021, 08:01 PM
I don't mind the mask, especially when I'm participating in the type of civil disobedience that could get me arrested.

Other than that, the pandemic has been a real drag. I've lost friends and several dozen members of my local labor union. We have a staffing crisis in my field so I've been working a lot more than usual, and most of the time I'm just thankful to have a job while so many people I know have suffered financially.

Stronghealer
02-16-2021, 09:40 PM
Hi fellow bfers!

I have been going into work; I am a RN. Socially, its not been fun...the gyms are closed here. And I am now on a Peloton. Most of my family is back east, so theres that. Other than that, life feels fair . :)

VintageFemme
02-18-2021, 12:37 PM
I lost my job, which I loved, so that sucked. I don't mind wearing a mask one little bit. I was kinda born to survive a lockdown being the introvert I am so that was not a big adjustment. I love having my groceries delivered! That was a fun and unexpected surprise. I do miss traveling, shopping and the occasional cocktail with friends though. Like everyone, I will be happy when some sort of 'old' normalcy returns to daily life. This simply can't become our new normal.

Kätzchen
03-09-2021, 12:16 PM
Before the Covid pandemic, working remotely was something not actually utilized in large scale ways across Organizational America.

I read somewhere earlier today that one business (Yelp) had a few laptops available for working remotely. But when the pandemic exploded, they needed 3K laptops, stat, so they could keep moving forward during the pandemic.

I know, at my work campus, many private sector business and our anchor parent business stradles a 50/50 divide, on a normal basis, but since last March, our parent anchor business has gone from 50/50 to 70/30: meaning that 70% of the parent company business ooperates remotely, with major dept leaders working from campus but their work groups work remotely from home.

In case anyone is interested, i found two news articles concerning the current status of working remotely and another scolarly article which discusses the positive upside to working remotely, as well as addressing the downside remote workers contend with.

See what you think, ok?

CNN article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/09/success/remote-work-covid-pandemic-one-year-later/index.html

APA journal article: https://www.apa.org/monitor/2019/10/cover-remote-work

nhplowboi
03-09-2021, 03:47 PM
So I went and got my shot on Saturday (03/06/21) and it was the J&J, so One and Done. Hmm OD just does not look right. :( It was at a mass innoculation site about an hour and a half north of us. Once there it took about 3 hours or so to get through the line. Now it was the first day for mass innoculations and it was cold so there were bumps in the road. I heard Ipads froze up.... but in a true New England fashion, not as in computer lingo. All of this was understandable. After the shot I noticed a little fatigue that night but that was it. The next day some flu like symptoms but they were minor.... achy, nausea, fatigue but no other problems. Now in two weeks I guess I am good to go so here's to modern science! :)

theoddz
03-11-2021, 12:35 PM
It's been about 3 weeks now since I got my 2nd, and final, Moderna shot. I am now fully vaccinated, thank Jeebuz!!

Here in Texas, there are places that have more than enough vaccine, so we've been getting some folks who have driven from other states (some from Nevada, even!!) to get their vaccines. One of my best USMC buddies and her wife live in Ohio and they're still waiting for their first shots. My friend said that she and her wife are on something like 6 lists for the vaccine, and they are still having to wait weeks, despite the fact that both she and her wife are in high risk/priority categories. It's unbelievable!!

Please be patient, folks, if you are on a list and still waiting. It will be worth it, believe me.

~Theo~ :bouquet:

GeorgiaMa'am
03-11-2021, 03:08 PM
I should have known this without asking, but apparently department store makeup counters are no longer doing makeovers, due to Covid.

I took an online makeup class today, and it became apparent that my makeup bag needs updating. I called the local Estee Lauder counter at Macy's, and no! they don't do that any more! What are you supposed to do now if you need advice? I wonder if there are still any Mary Kay consultants out there? and if not, what are they doing for jobs?

JustLovelyJenn
03-11-2021, 10:58 PM
2020 has been a game changer....

lost my job
my kids BOTH moved out
lost my house
was homeless for a few months
moved into a TINY motorhome

so in true "look on the bright side" fashion... I have decided that its time to see the country and will be traveling and making money however I can once I get this rig all fixed up and my covid shot.

GeorgiaMa'am
03-11-2021, 11:13 PM
. . . moved into a TINY motorhome

so in true "look on the bright side" fashion... I have decided that its time to see the country and will be traveling and making money however I can once I get this rig all fixed up and my covid shot.

Apparently there is a large community of people who do this kind of thing, sharing information about jobs, resources, motorhome living. They have lots of websites. Also, there is a thread here on the Planet from Ms. Tinkerbelly, who spent some time traveling in an RV with her partner before she passed away. She had some good tips, although I think her perspective was more of a traveling retirement one. I think it was called "Living on the Road".

Kätzchen
03-13-2021, 07:21 PM
It's been about 3 weeks now since I got my 2nd, and final, Moderna shot. I am now fully vaccinated, thank Jeebuz!!

Here in Texas, there are places that have more than enough vaccine, so we've been getting some folks who have driven from other states (some from Nevada, even!!) to get their vaccines. One of my best USMC buddies and her wife live in Ohio and they're still waiting for their first shots. My friend said that she and her wife are on something like 6 lists for the vaccine, and they are still having to wait weeks, despite the fact that both she and her wife are in high risk/priority categories. It's unbelievable!!

Please be patient, folks, if you are on a list and still waiting. It will be worth it, believe me.

~Theo~ :bouquet:

Rico and I still have not been able to get a vaccination. He's got complicated health issues; I've got complicated health issues; but you'd think that because of our age (early to mid-60s) and our health issues that we'd qualify for a chance to get vaccinated. But it is a jacked up mess out there, so we both decided to wait until late May, early June to get our shots. We hope to get the J&J vaccine.

I should have known this without asking, but apparently department store makeup counters are no longer doing makeovers, due to Covid.

I took an online makeup class today, and it became apparent that my makeup bag needs updating. I called the local Estee Lauder counter at Macy's, and no! they don't do that any more! What are you supposed to do now if you need advice? I wonder if there are still any Mary Kay consultants out there? and if not, what are they doing for jobs?

The beauty industry has suffered greatly, in my state. I am glad I left the industry 15 years ago. I've got long time friends who are still in the beauty industry and let me tell you, the pandemic destroyed their private business salons. Not one of my colleagues in that field made it out unscathed. I still retain and keep my state credentials up to date and pay bi-annual fees, but the licensing division just dealt another blow to beauty industry professionals by jacking up fees and other pandemic related rules which has impacted the industry for those who still have a business.

Great question though, Georgia: I, too, wonder what is happening for those who are independent beauty consultants. It's got to be real rough for people like this, I imagine.

Gemme
03-13-2021, 11:38 PM

YouTube tutorials. Not sure about Mary Kay folks, though.

As for myself, I'm in a different situation than most. My state has been exemplary with getting the additional weekly unemployment payments to people on top of their current unemployment funds so there's little to no incentive to come back to work when they are making as much as or more than what they would pre-Covid. At least in the case of the folks who would seek out the position I have available at my store, which means I have been working alone 7 days a week since early December at a store that requires 80 hours a week to run properly so every Monday I go in and I'm behind by 25 hours. That and an upcoming audit stress me out more than usual.

I am very grateful for the OT but miss having time to myself and have found myself getting Grinchy especially lately so I was happy to hear that my store will be closing on Sundays starting on Easter. I'll have one day off and a chance to actually clean my home. It's getting a bit scruffy now. And sleep. Sleep would be nice. I've only had a full night's sleep once out of the past 3 weeks because I keep trying to get things done and sacrifice sleep for housework and running errands.

My cat, Loki, is having issues. He's a major attention whore and he is really suffering not having me home more for loving and pets. He cries when I leave for work now. Every day. So I go to work with that in my head. No wonder I'm cranky.

:blink:

As for masks, I worked during the shutdown and got used to wearing them 60 hours a week so they are no biggie. What's frustrating is the number of people that I have chastised for not wearing their masks inside and how they get upset with me because I give them the ultimatum to put one on or leave. They don't know who they are playing with. I've worked this whole year with the public and kept myself safe so I'll be damned if some ignorant dickhead is going to get me sick. Not happening!

GeorgiaMa'am
03-14-2021, 10:30 AM
Rico and I still have not been able to get a vaccination.

I haven't even had a chance to get mine, because Georgia is so far behind in giving out vaccines. The only people who can get them here are healthcare professionals and the over-65s.

The beauty industry has suffered greatly, in my state. I am glad I left the industry 15 years ago. I've got long time friends who are still in the beauty industry and let me tell you, the pandemic destroyed their private business salons. Not one of my colleagues in that field made it out unscathed. I still retain and keep my state credentials up to date and pay bi-annual fees, but the licensing division just dealt another blow to beauty industry professionals by jacking up fees and other pandemic related rules which has impacted the industry for those who still have a business.

Great question though, Georgia: I, too, wonder what is happening for those who are independent beauty consultants. It's got to be real rough for people like this, I imagine.

I finally called my sister, who is a Mary Kay consultant. (Duh, I should have called her first, but I never think about her being an MK consultant because it is not her main job and she lives so far away.) She brought me a bag of goodies to try (full-size! sisters are great). Anyway, I asked her what she was doing about her MK business during the pandemic, and she said she just orders stuff for people who request it, she's not doing makeovers or parties any more. She said she basically breaks even by the time she orders her own personal products, and she is mainly just doing it as a service to the people who have been her long-time customers. She also confirmed what I heard on NPR - there is an uptick in men ordering cosmetics - that it has become kind of a big deal - because men get on Zoom meetings and see how terrible they look. That doesn't affect her business much, though, living in a rural county where most of the men work in agriculture and mining.

nhplowboi
03-14-2021, 04:28 PM
I don't know, when you are way down in that mine and your fellow miner's light shines on your face.....you might want to be looking your best. ;)

Orema
04-04-2021, 08:43 AM
What You Need to Know About Your Vaccine Card

For now, the best way to show that you’ve been inoculated against the coronavirus is a simple white card. Here, your key questions answered.

By Concepción de León
April 1, 2021

As vaccinations become more widely available for people in the United States and travel starts picking up, many people have started sharing their simple white vaccination cards on social media as prized new possessions.

With some destinations, cruise lines and venues already requiring travelers to provide proof of vaccination against Covid-19, keeping that record is key. In New York, for example, proof of vaccination or a recent negative test will be required for entry into large venues or catered events when they are allowed to reopen at reduced capacity on April 2. Proof will be required at events with more than 100 people, so anyone having a wedding or Sweet 16 with more attendees will have to ask guests for evidence that they are complying with the rules.

There are already a number of vaccination “passport” initiatives underway that would make vaccination status easy to share digitally. Clear, a biometric screening program used in airports across the country, and the technology company IBM have created their own passes, for instance. And last week, New York became the first state to introduce a digital tool to allow people to easily show that they have either tested negative or been inoculated against the virus in order to gain entry into some events and venues.

But until such measures are taken more widely across the country, you’ll want to hang onto that little white card.

Here’s everything you need to know about your vaccine record, why it’s important and how to keep it safe.

https://i.postimg.cc/1t3yRJ71/31vaccine-card2-super-Jumbo.jpg
A newly inoculated patient reviewed a Covid-19 vaccination record card at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles in January.Credit...Ryan Young for The New York Times

What’s on a vaccine card?

The vaccine card, given after your first shot and then updated if your vaccine requires a second one, includes the vaccine manufacturer, the dose numbers and the date and location each was administered, according to Alex Brown, a spokeswoman for Walgreens, which is administering vaccinations at more than 5,000 stores nationwide.

Walgreens, like other providers, is looking to make its records digital, Ms. Brown said, but for now it is still handing out cards.

Walmart and Sam’s Club are already offering their patrons digital access to their vaccine records through both the Health Pass by Clear and the CommonHealth and CommonPass apps from the Geneva-based nonprofit, the Commons Project Foundation.

“Our goal is to give customers vaccinated at Walmart free and secure digital access to their vaccine record and enable them to share that information with third parties seeking to confirm their vaccination status,” John Furner, the chief executive officer and president of Walmart U.S., said in a statement.

What happens if I lose my card?

Getting a new card is easy enough if you got vaccinated at a pharmacy like Walgreens. Ms. Brown said that anyone who loses their card should return to where they were vaccinated and a pharmacy employee can print out a new card from the patient’s electronic records.

https://i.postimg.cc/jjZr1yxg/merlin-182243565-8746ed3b-4faa-4808-965c-71d9604b91c9-super-Jumbo.jpg
A member of the Walgreens vaccination team prepared vaccination cards for the staff and residents of Clove Lakes Nursing Home in Staten Island in January.Credit...Christopher Occhicone for The New York Times

Vaccinations are also tracked by state health departments, so you can reach out to your state’s agency to get a replacement card, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The agency lists contact information for the Immunization Information System in each state, which tracks vaccinations, on its website.

How should I safeguard my card?

Start by taking a picture of it with your phone, so you’ll have the information in your photo library, and emailing it to yourself as backup, said Dr. Uchenna Ikediobi, an assistant professor of general internal medicine and infectious diseases at Yale University.

Laminating your card will make it more durable if you’re planning to carry it around in your wallet, though there has been some concern about lamination because it would prevent information from future booster shots from being added. But Dr. Ikediobi said that this “may be a moot point if new cards are issued after a booster shot, as would seem likely.”

A number of companies have jumped in to offer free lamination. Staples is offering free lamination of vaccine cards for those who have gotten their doses, according to Jocelyn Moruzzi, a spokeswoman for the office goods retailer. The offer is valid at all of the company’s United States locations with the offer code 81450 and does not yet have an end date.

“ Customers began seeking out ways to protect their Covid-19 vaccine record cards, knowing they will likely be important to have on hand in the future,” Craig Grayson, vice president of print and marketing services for Staples, said in an email on Wednesday. “Leveraging our existing capabilities in store felt like a natural way to provide a free solution.”

People can also get their completed vaccine cards laminated for free at Office Depot and OfficeMax stores nationwide using the code 52516714 through July 25.

Dr. Ikediobi also recommends keeping the card in a safe place, as you would your passport, rather than carrying it around. “It does not necessarily need to be on your person at all times,” she said.

Do I need my card to travel?

In some cases, yes. Border entry requirements are set by governments, not by airlines or by the International Air Transport Association, the trade association for the world’s airlines. Some destinations and cruise lines have started requiring that travelers be fully vaccinated before they travel. As of March 26, fully vaccinated Americans who can present proof of vaccination can visit Iceland, for example, and avoid border measures such as testing and quarantining, the country’s government said.

The cruise line Royal Caribbean is requiring passengers and crew members 18 or older to be vaccinated in order to board its ships, as are Virgin Voyages, Crystal Cruises and others. These companies will restart cruise operations this spring and summer. None of the companies are yet operating cruises out of United States ports, because the C.D.C. has yet to give them the guidelines they’ll need to follow.

For the moment, airlines are not requiring vaccinations for travel. But the idea has been much talked about in the industry. In an interview with NBC Nightly News recently, Ed Bastian, the chief executive officer of Delta Air Lines, said that proof of vaccination will likely eventually be required on international flights, but whether that is paper proof or a digital vaccine passport, is unclear.

Perry Flint, a spokesman for the I.A.T.A., said that the agency does not support a mandatory vaccine requirement for air travel because it “risks discriminating against those markets where vaccines may take longer to become widely available” or against those “who are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons, or who are unwilling to do so owing to ethical or other concerns.”

Still, the agency is developing its own vaccine pass called Travel Pass, which travelers can use to share Covid-related health information with governments or airlines that require it, Mr. Flint said.

Will New York require a vaccine passport?

Gov. Andrew Cuomo last week announced the launch of Excelsior Pass, a free app that will allow businesses to scan a code to confirm whether someone has been vaccinated or tested negative for the coronavirus. To sign up, New York residents should visit the Excelsior Pass website, where they will be asked to enter their name, date of birth and ZIP code. A pass — a QR code that can be scanned by businesses — will automatically be generated using data from state vaccination records or testing lab data.

No one is required to download Excelsior Pass, according to a spokesman for the governor’s office. The pass generated on the website can be printed out, or you can show your vaccine card or evidence of a negative test result instead.

Will the Biden administration require a vaccine passport?

Among the Biden administration’s executive orders aimed at curbing the pandemic is one that asked government agencies to “assess the feasibility” of producing digital versions of vaccination documents. But while the government is involved in these efforts, the administration has said that it would not be passing a federal mandate or distributing its own vaccine passport.

https://i.postimg.cc/nLzHp3Pb/merlin-177078843-2443ee53-91f2-4489-ba05-4aeef758552c-super-Jumbo.jpg
The Krispy Kreme chain is offering one free glazed doughnut a day to anyone who presents proof of Covid-19 vaccination. Credit...Timothy A. Clary/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

In a White House Covid-19 news conference on Monday, Andy Slavitt, the acting director for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, said that “unlike other parts of the world, the government here is not viewing its role as the place to create a passport, nor a place to hold the data of citizens.”

“We view this as something that the private sector is doing and will do,” he said. “What’s important to us — and we’re leading an interagency process right now to go through these details — are that some important criteria be met with these credentials,” including equitable access and privacy and security concerns.

Are there other benefits?

Yes. Aside from the health benefits of getting the vaccine, there are also other perks that come with your vaccine card. Businesses across the country, from bars to marijuana dispensaries, have been offering perks to those with a Covid-19 vaccination card. Krispy Kreme, for instance, said last week that for the rest of the year, it would give one free glazed doughnut per day to anyone who presents proof of a Covid-19 vaccination.

Michael Tattersfield, the company’s chief executive, told Fox News that as vaccinations have accelerated across the country, “We made the decision that, ‘Hey, we can support the next act of joy,’ which is, if you come by, show us a vaccine card, get a doughnut any time, any day, every day if you choose to.”

https://www.nytimes.com/article/covid-vaccine-card.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Orema
11-10-2021, 05:43 AM
This time last year was madness for me. I was tryna sell my condo and had just put it on the market with a nice but ineffective realtor…. It was the first step in me making a cross-country move by myself during the pandemic. I didn’t have to leave then, I could have put the move off for another year or so, but my instinct told me to get out of dodge. Thank goodness I moved then because it would have only been worse had I waited—more expensive and more difficult. I felt incredibly alone, but very secure. I missed my sister more than anything. Her daughter and my bestie stood by for me.

Even though I’m fully vaccinated, a year later it feels like much hasn’t changed. Still wearing masks and gloves, still social distancing, still getting deliveries and pickups, still no hugs.

I know it’s not the same, but it feels the same because things are still weird.

Hopefully, I’ll be able to get my knee replacement surgery soon, but that may be put on hold, too. I’ll find out tomorrow.

I’m so tired of living like this. I thought retirement would be nicer.