Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Newbie Introductions (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Newbies! Introduce yourself here! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5891)

SleepyButch 11-05-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliebrave (Post 682843)
Thank you, Linus! This is great!

Tell us a little bit about yourselves!
My name is Julie and I am a stay at home mom and recent graduate in Women's Studies from GSU. I live in Atlanta, Ga. I have two babies, one 16 and one 2.

Hi julie and welcome to the planet! Have a great time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrrhoy (Post 692757)
Hello, My name is Hannah. I'm in central New York. I was brought to this website because I just moved to central New York, and have been having trouble finding a niche here. I was hoping to find a niche and people to talk to here.

My hobbies including reading, cooking, art, theatre, music, and stuff like that.

Well, I hope to hear from lots of you soon.

Hannah

Hey Hannah... Welcome. Glad you found us. I'm sure you'll find many folks here to talk to!

Quote:

Originally Posted by falloutmk (Post 692773)
Hi all! I'm Frankie, I'm an androgynous femme in Michigan who is exploring her femininity more which is something I have suppressed for quite awhile. I like reading, forums, writing, M/s lifestyles, music, and creativity. I'm looking for other femmes and some butches to get to know and maybe meet?

We'll see! Thanks for reading darlings.:chocolate:

Hey Frankie! Welcome and good luck in your explorations. I'm sure you'll find a lot of great information here as well as meet a lot of nice people!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven. (Post 692801)
Hi everyone. I'm from Sydney australia. Actually I'm 500 south west of there but you'd never know where I'm from if I told you Lol

You want to know more about me read my profile. It says all there is about about whats important.

Here to build friends and learn and to be part of this community. So I look forward to getting to know you.

Blessings. M

Howdy Raven! Welcome to BFP and our wonderful community. Have fun!

Vic1970 11-07-2012 04:06 AM

Hi all,
My names Vic im from Melbourne, looking forward to making new friends.

GraffitiBoi 11-07-2012 04:39 AM

Hey all. I've been here for awhile and some of you have met me already. I suppose I should 'formally' introduce myself. I go by GraffitBoi on several different sites - most people just call me Graff. I currently live near Minneapolis, MN but am tired of the long, cold winters and wouldn't mind moving unless something makes it worth my while to stay here. I'm single but have fallen for a wonderful and beautiful femme. :-) I am FTM but am not going to move forward any more in my transition. I was on T from 2003 until 2010 when medical issues relating to being on it made me stop. I've had top surgery and a hysto (medical reasons) and don't plan on having any more surgeries. I prefer 'he' but will tolerate 'she'. I never go by 'hy'. If you ever have any questions for me just send me a message. I'm an open book.

Samurai Wanderer 11-09-2012 11:12 PM

Big hi and hello to Julie, Hannah, Frankie, Raven M, Vic and Graff. I'm new-ish to BFP too. I want to thank the awesome BFP Welcoming Committee for giving a great start to making a cozy home here.

hare 11-13-2012 04:47 PM

Hey, this is another newbie

Hello everyone! I'm yet another noob, checking out what the planet's all about.

About myself... I consider myself a butch*, but given that I'm a bit shy and submissive, some people might say I'm not. I don't know. If assertive and dominant are a part of the butch definition, then maybe I'm not butch. Maybe I'm just a masculine female. I do know that I feel like I fit in with the butch-femme crowd.

Oh. I'm in my early 20s.

*I'm definitely more masculine than feminine.

Heavenleahangel 11-13-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hare (Post 699631)

About myself... I consider myself a butch*, but given that I'm a bit shy and submissive, some people might say I'm not. I don't know. If assertive and dominant are a part of the butch definition, then maybe I'm not butch. Maybe I'm just a masculine female. I do know that I feel like I fit in with the butch-femme crowd.

Oh. I'm in my early 20s.

Welcome to the Planet, hare! There are lots of people here that are exactly like you. I'm sure as you get your feet wet here you will get to know things about yourself you never knew. That's the beauty of this site. Everyone can be themselves with no fear of being looked down upon. Enjoy your stay!

Samurai Wanderer 11-13-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hare (Post 699631)

Oh. I'm in my early 20s.

Welcome to BFP, Hare! And don't I know what you mean... :poc-nod: You've come to the right place, for sure.

There are heaps and I mean heaps of threads on identity discussions and musings, like this. You'll find people from all along the spectrum of queer. The bottomline seems to be, "You are who you are. Be yourself. We're all on a lifetime journey of self-discovery, so why not help and support each other along, have fun while doing it, and throw parties from time to time (or all the time for some)."

A handy point to keep in mind: Labels are not identities. Labels are what others give you, identities are what you give yourself. Big difference.

Take your time. There are lots of things to enjoy here if you know what I mean ;)

See you around!
Mika

Dub 11-17-2012 11:09 AM

It's been a while!

Hey there! It's been a couple of years since I registered and I guess I didn't introduce myself then so hi! My name is Wendi and I'm a photographer based in Portland, Oregon. I proudly identify as Butch and am currently working on a photo project to document in a photojournalistic style the individual and unique expressions of butch and femme. I am proud of our history and am grateful to those who have come before us to pave the way. The web page for the project can be seen here: http://astrangerinthisplace.blogspot...o-project.html

I was lead to this site via a Google search for Butch/Femme history videos. Today it's raining in the Pacific Northwest so I'm spending some time researching and gaining more inspiration for my project.

Other things that I like to do include reading, writing, spending time with my grown son and my wonderful partner and motorcycle riding.

Happy_Go_Lucky 11-17-2012 11:40 AM

Greetings to you all!

Hello. I currently reside near Madison Wisconsin and live in a shockingly beautiful wooded area. As my profile states, my vocation is the selling and buying of antiques and collectibles. I have developed a good eye these last few years and get quite the "rush" looking for the goodies.

Loving and taking good care of my animal friends is important to me on a deep and spiritual level.

Anyway, as my user name suggests, I am overall a very easy going happy female who has been quite fortunate in my life. Very little to be vexed about and enjoying all there is.

I absolutely adore women. Some may even call me a *gold star lesbian*. I wear this hat quite proudly.

SleepyButch 11-17-2012 11:59 AM

Howdy Dub and welcome back! Hi to you too Happy_Go_Lucky! Welcome to the planet!

I hope you both have a great time here... there are a lot of wonderful people.

ENJOY!

Soon 11-17-2012 12:00 PM

Welcome Dub and HappyGoLucky!

*Anya* 11-17-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dub (Post 702019)
Hey there! It's been a couple of years since I registered and I guess I didn't introduce myself then so hi! My name is Wendi and I'm a photographer based in Portland, Oregon. I proudly identify as Butch and am currently working on a photo project to document in a photojournalistic style the individual and unique expressions of butch and femme. I am proud of our history and am grateful to those who have come before us to pave the way. The web page for the project can be seen here: http://astrangerinthisplace.blogspot...o-project.html

I was lead to this site via a Google search for Butch/Femme history videos. Today it's raining in the Pacific Northwest so I'm spending some time researching and gaining more inspiration for my project.

Other things that I like to do include reading, writing, spending time with my grown son and my wonderful partner and motorcycle riding.

Your blog is fantastic. Thank you.

Samurai Wanderer 11-17-2012 06:22 PM

Hey there Dub and Happy :)

Thanks for sharing the photo project, Dub. It's looking great, and good luck with it!

Happy, I hope you'll find The Planet a beautiful place to stroll around also.

ruffryder 11-18-2012 05:23 PM

Welcome newbies! :welcome:

have fun!
:pendulum:

GetYaSome 11-19-2012 09:31 PM

Tennessee Tumbler

Hey all,
Just dropping a few lines to reach out to any queers in the Nashville area....
Without a place to identify with beyond the 1 lesbian bar and feeling like branching outside of the group I run around with, I thought this would be a great place to start expanding my femme/butch relationships.
So hit me up and let's go dancing...

pamcat 11-21-2012 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic1970 (Post 694489)
Hi all,
My names Vic im from Melbourne, looking forward to making new friends.

Hi Vic,

Welcome to another Aussie, this is a nice place to be, you don't have to say much, and there's no pressure - just a lot of support and friendliness from everyone. But if you do want to join in on any forum, then there is a always a lot of activity and chatting, and a good feeling of friendship.

pamcat 11-21-2012 04:28 AM

I should say welcome to all the newbies, and what I just posted to Vic is for everyone!!

Samurai Wanderer 11-21-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GetYaSome (Post 703834)
Hey all,
Just dropping a few lines to reach out to any queers in the Nashville area....
Without a place to identify with beyond the 1 lesbian bar and feeling like branching outside of the group I run around with, I thought this would be a great place to start expanding my femme/butch relationships.
So hit me up and let's go dancing...

Hi GetYaSome :) Welcome to the planet and thanks for the intro. Have a look around at the other areas of the forum. I think there's a dating/friend section and sections for various geographical groups. Dabble in the threads and the Chatroom and you're sure to find plenty of fun folks around.

wren 11-23-2012 05:37 PM

Hello...I have lurked about for a while....finally registered and then lurked a bit more. Today I was exploring and ended up in a chat room so... I supose I should step out of the shadows and start interacting.

Not much to say about myself...I am living down in in the SW desert area in Tucson. I teach at fantastic alternative ed private school and then in order to live... work as a night custodian at a local public school. So...not a lot of free time.

I was a member of a online women's community that recently shut down so have spent the last year or so looking for a new virtual home hence the long lurking period. But...this site feels good and I have enjoyed the discussions I have read so...

Hello. I am Wren. please let me get to know all of you.

girl_dee 11-23-2012 06:32 PM

hi wren! i'm obviously dee. :blink:

Thanks for joining us!

:Welcome: