View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #21
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

My relatives have a sense of hypervigilance towards me, if I make an appointment with a Lawyer they wanna be present, for any changes I make.
I've already told them, if I really wanted to do any life related changes, they wouldn't even know I had an appointment, because I know for a fact they will All try to throw a monkey wrench into any Plans made...

All of 'em have said if I loved them, I wouldn't allow DNR or euthanasia...
My response is usually 'it's precisely because I love u I'd do it, what about my suffering, my dignity? Endless days and night with u holding vigil, cleaning me, feeding me...and me unable to do or say anything about it?"
What I get back is "I'll do it all with Love"..

I honestly believe Jack Kevorkian is doing a wonderful deed in Bringing peace of Mind to the relatives and those who specifically request "Aid"...
However, I always stipulate..If I am to allow Euthanasia, if I am in such great Pain & Misery, there will be No cameras, no reporter, no nothing, just those who won't interfere & do Care/Love, in addition to the Doctor making sure everything goes smooth and right.

In some states there's a Lot of hoops to jump before euthanasia is Legit, but it's there.
I cherish my Life, true..
But, when my belov'd pets were suffering Greatly beyond the capacity of money for "cures", I let them go with a whisper of "You're very lucky, I do this with Love..."
It hurts for awhile, but I know they're at peace.
Why can't Humans be allowed the same choice?