Old 12-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #53
Mindy

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
Single

Mindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Thank you for sharing with us!

I also know what you mean! My meds have had to be changed many times over the years. I also have recurrent suicidal thoughts and struggle with doctor changes and so forth.

Something I have discovered recently is that if I write out my history and medicines and what has and had not worked and hand it to my new health care provider, they tend to take me more seriously and believe what I am saying.

I have no idea why...maybe it shows them I am organized and on top of managing my own issues?

Best of luck with the move, I know moves can be much more difficult for us than for most people.

Also, years ago when I had no insurance, the clinic I went to with sliding scale also had erally low prices on the latest meds. I hope it will be the same for you. Mental health drugs have come a really long way in the last 30 years.

Right now the town I am in has a clinic that will actually give your drugs for as low as FREE! I also found out where I am moving has a clinic that does the same. So while I am looking for work after the move, I will at least be able to get them while job searching and waiting for insurance to kick in. Just a matter of waiting to get in initially.

Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote