Old 06-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #20
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Transivisisbility is a hard one whether it is in a real public arena or everyday life.

I'm currently in a new situation where literally only one other person that I sees knows for sure and I don't see him very often. Others may or may not have a clue because they have seen my drivers license and my birth name.

In fact someone somewhere addressed the name issue, which has so far been my work experience wherever I go. either the name or pronouns will be off, I don't say anything but somewhere it's corrected. The person I checked in with here was using she and my birth name and the next time I saw her she addressed me as Koop.

With that said it's not this constant "who do I tell" nor "when do I tell" nor "do I tell" but the thoughts do go through my head.

Back in Los Angeles and most of my life I"m openly trans. I don't wave a flag but a lot of people know and it's not something I could hide if I wanted to. So it's weird to be put in a situation where people don't know.

Ulitmately I want to be seen as the man that I am however I'm not sure if I want to be seen as only that. Because I believe my upbringing and history is what has made me the man I am. To hide that, feels in a way like hiding me. I've done enough hiding in my life.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post: