Old 05-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
JazzGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Not looking

JazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toph View Post
an·drog·y·nous   /ænˈdrɒdʒənəs/ Show Spelled[an-droj-uh-nuhs]
–adjective
1.being both male and female; hermaphroditic.
2.having both masculine and feminine characteristics.
3.having an ambiguous sexual identity.

androgynous

1620s, from L. androgynus, from Gk. androgynos "hermaphrodite, male and female in one," from andros gen. of aner "male" (see anthropo-) + gyne "woman" (see queen). Androgyne is attested from 1550s.

it does not mean that i am butch and femme.... it does not mean that i give or take and it does not mean that i fuck and get fucked... which was what i was told i am and do...????? LOL

them: how do you identify?
iMe: androgynous
Them: that means you are butch and femme
Me: it means i am butch (synonymous with female) and can pass as male when i choose

Them: no it means you give and take and you fuck and get fucked

Me: oh wow... i suppose i should check out the glossary of terms???
not really in the mood for a battle of witt... i just let it slide after 10 tragic minutes that i will never regain

though i am fully aware that whom ever it was merrily went on its' misguided way to re-educate others... and for that i apologise but i was not in the mood for yet a nother attack... (being an asshole sure is tiring)

But the Fact Remains... i am reclaiming the word... ANDROGYNY
when you have the ability to enter a bath house (male)...to pull out your late for the show at my club, drunken, coked up horny drag queen from room #7 with out being told 'hey no women allowed' or when you go to the male hustler clubs and old men by you drinks all night thinking you are chicken meat... then, my dear you are androgynous...

whether one gives or takes is neither here nor there... whether one fucks or is fucked as well bears no consequence to the words' actual meaning... fact is... when you can 'naturally and unadulteratingly' pass as either gender... and /or are constantly reffered to in public as he, him, sir, mr.etc etc etc... chances are... taking it or not... you are androgynous...

learn it...live it...love it...

oh one more time for good measure...

an·drog·y·nous   /ænˈdrɒdʒənəs/ Show Spelled[an-droj-uh-nuhs]
–adjective
1.being both male and female; hermaphroditic.
2.having both masculine and feminine characteristics.
3.having an ambiguous sexual identity.

All of the above means you are perfectly you. How wonderful that you do not feel the need to be someone you are not nor willing to accept "labels" that do not belong much less fit. I like your utterly literal thinking.

" Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." ~Zora Neale Hurston

"Talk to yourself from the perspective of truly being willing to do whatever it takes rather than relying on the same old excuses that keep you from making those changes. You'll be thrilled with yourself when you adopt an 'I'm willing' attitude."

— Dr. Wayne Dyer

JazzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JazzGirl For This Useful Post: