Old 06-09-2016, 07:23 PM   #3050
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
Gemme does yard work count as exercise? I mow our half acre plus the back lot with a push mower, and it takes me about 2 1/2 -3 hrs depending on how fast I go, how many water breaks I take, etc. Even if it's not real hot out I still sweat ALOT and my heart rate definately goes up! I like the idea of the free weights too!
It does! Movement with intent counts.

Plus you are using a push mower and not a riding mower, so you burn a lot of calories when you cut the grass.

Standing still, we burn roughly 3 calories a minute. Sitting burns between 1-2 calories per minute. So, not even taking your strength work into account, you're burning at least 360 calories when you cut grass. Add in that you are in motion most of the time and you are pushing the mower and you can probably add on another 600 calories or more.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: