Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 04-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dick Clark Passes Away

LOS ANGELES -- KTLA has confirmed that Dick Clark died from a heart attack Wednesday at the age of 82.

Clark served as chairman and chief executive officer of Dick Clark Productions, which he has sold part of in recent years.

Ads by Google

Clark is best known for hosting long-running television shows such as American Bandstand, five versions of the game show Pyramid, and Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve.

Clark has long been known for his departing catchphrase, "For now, Dick Clark...so long," delivered with a military salute, and for his youthful appearance, earning the moniker "America's Oldest Teenager."

Clark suffered a significant stroke in late 2004.

With speech ability still impaired, Clark returned to his New Year's Rockin' Eve show on December 31, 2005/January 1, 2006.

Subsequently, he appeared at the Emmy Awards on August 27, 2006, and every New Year's Rockin' Eve show since then.

Clark has been married 3 times -- and has 3 children from his first two marriages.

He is survived by his current wife Kari Wigton.
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Very sad.

Part of just about everyone's past in some way or another.

Bandstand...omg the only thing that came on Saturday's worth watching as growing up.

You will be very much missed Dick Clark!!!!

Thank you for being you!!!!

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation

Very sad news. He was a very big part of my past and always put a smile on my face when I saw him on TV. He will be missed
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amber2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,646 Times in 3,985 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

his son was my first kiss, as a first grader!

I clearly remember watching American Bandstand with my sister and brother on Saturday mornings, and even seeing the "new" Beatles on their first appearance on it! I am awestruck by the history this man has in America. He is right up there as an American Icon as Marilyn Monroe and Elvis!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Another icon of many of our youth,he will be missed.

Last edited by Rockinonahigh; 04-18-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: typo
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

Very sad news to hear.

I have spend a lot of New Years Eve watchin his show.

as a matter of fact, when he quit hostin the show, it just didnt seem the same and I even quit watchin that.

RIP Dick Clark, thank you for the great memories

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

I watched AB all the time, it was something i looked forward to...

RIP Dick Clark

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i don't know him personally but knew someone who did and my opinion of him
isn't as wonderful as his public opinion. i hope he can RIP
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

So many many memories of my life include Dick Clark. A man who remained himself at all times, yet was able to relate to so many different types of people.

RIP Mr Clark. Get those angels rockin'
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

I do hope he rests in peace, truly. He certainly was an icon as the world's oldest teenager. Sadly he didn't live his life with a standard of human values and morals that well, we would hope that guy would. He's my godfather, no REALLY, but when my Dad became a single parent, "Uncle Dick" cut him loose, from AB. My Dad had been his stage manager/road manager for years and years, I was born in Philly, and we moved with bandstand to CA when I was three. My Dad spent more time away from home than he did AT home, because of his commitment to Dick and Bandstand, until he became a single parent. Not sour grapes, but a reality check that these icons are flawed humans just like the rest of us. I will say he did save me from drowning in his swimming pool somewhere around 3 or 4 years old. Destroyed a velvet smoking jacket in the process, I am thankful for THAT! RIP Uncle Dick