Terms of Service
Welcome to ButchFemmePlanet.com!
We are so glad you have chosen BFP for your online community! In order to make people feel welcome and create a space for entertainment, debate and community, we have a few important rules here at ButchFemmePlanet.com.
By joining this web community, you agree to follow these rules to the best of your ability and agree to refrain from making unnecessary drama for the Moderators and Administrators. REMEMBER: These are real people behind the screen!
- Our Terms of Service is subject to change or update at any time and it is your responsibility to stay up to date with the rules.
- By logging on to this website, you agree that ButchFemmePlanet.com, its Owners and Administrative team have *zero* liability for any loss, damage, distress or malfunction of your user experience, postings, photos, etc.
- We do NOT delete accounts under any circumstances, nor will we remove your posts even if you choose to leave the site. Don't even ask.
Our Basic Rules (these apply to all areas of this site):
The following items are considered abuse of our system:
The following items are considered drama, intolerance, and general disturbance:
- Identity Issues - Using more than one screen name, Impersonating another member or any member of the Admin team, Using a proxy service to mask your true location. Changing your screen name in the chatroom using code or scripts.
- Prohibited Postings - Posting illegal material, chain letters, plagiarism, copyright infringement, nudity of any kind, photos of children, overly sexual postings in unprotected threads that may be seen as problematic.
- Resource abuse - Solicitation of money for personal use, assisting banned members in accessing our resources, advertising of competing websites, solicitation for memberships for competing websites, misuse of the reporting system, ip flooding, dos attacks, posting huge signatures so that they disrupt the natural flow of the forum, "me too" or "I agree" posts that add nothing to the discussion.
- Privacy Abuse - Posting any information from private messages, posting identifying personal information of other members, posting identifying information of minors, sharing the private identity information of any member without their consent, sharing any information from rep notes or other communications from members without their consent.
- Photo and Posting Abuse - Do NOT post nudity of any kind anywhere on these forums, chat rooms, or galleries. That means no butts, no chests, and no crotches of ANY GENDER.
- Do NOT post photos anywhere on the site of dead bodies, mutilated animals, or anything else that would be considered graphic to a normal viewer.
- Do NOT use threads on our forums to post your personal photos. We have a gallery for folks to use as their personal photo albums. Forums are for discussions, the galleries are for photos.
- Please refrain from posting huge or multiple photos of anything as a signature picture. This interrupts the conversations in our forums. One or two small photos is fine, but not a photo that takes up half the page.
- Intolerance - This is a female-owned website based on Feminist principles. Please consider that when posting.
- Any sexist, racist, anti-woman, hate-speech, sizist or ageist postings are unwelcome here. Referring to women as "chicks" or "broads" without their consent.
- Name-calling, general ugliness, rudeness, shaming, or poking at other members, bullying, referring to members as a "gang" or "clique".
- Drama - "Break-up posts", trolling, shit-stirring, stalking, or harassment of any member. Posts designed to draw attention to yourself or others in a negative light.
- Crisis Posting - Suicide posts, threats to oneself or others, "poor me" posts designed to garner attention.
- Slander or Defamation of BFP, its Mods or Admins - Do not use Facebook, blogs, or other websites to play out your dissatisfaction over a moderation or with how we run BFP. Be an adult and address us directly.
- "I'm Leaving Forever!" posts - Any post or action designed to garner attention where you threaten to leave the site. Repeatedly cleaning out your profile and doing a "silent flounce".
- "I'm Speaking for Others" posts - Do NOT post on behalf of other people in any fashion. i.e. "Many people are too afraid to say this but I'm going to!"
- "The Unnamed Target" - Do NOT use any of our threads for passive-aggressive postings designed to poke at someone who is a member. The "Dear" thread, "CIJS" thread, or any other thread are not to be used for hurling insults or jabs at an "unnamed target" where you use plausible deniability about who it could be. If you make a post that is ugly and we think you might be posting about someone here, you will be moderated, so it is *your responsibility* to be very clear who you are posting about.
- Abuse of Time-Outs - If you receive a time-out from our forums, please remember that a time-out is supposed to be a break from the activity here. Do NOT access this site, the BFP Facebook page or any of our resources while on a time-out.
- Note - While on a time-out, members are NOT to contact the Admins or any of the Moderators on their personal cell phones, emails or Facebook pages concerning their time-out.
*** Special Note***: This is a real community full of actual people. Please do not use this community to play out your drama, solicit funds to pay your light bill, or jerk people's hearts around. We take a dim view of anyone playing chess with people for financial or personal gain and will moderate you accordingly if we catch you doing it.
We do our very best to provide a fun format for friendship and entertainment that is community-centered. For this reason, we don't permanently ban people unless the circumstances are serious and egregious.
Permanent bans are enforced in the following circumstances:
* Threats of harm or violence toward any member of the site, the Admins or anyone on the Admin team.
* Threats of a lawsuit or any legal action against ButchFemmePlanet.com, its Owners or Admin team.
* Removal from a ButchFemmePlanet-sponsored event (such as "Reunion") by police or hotel staff for disturbance, illegal activities, drug use, etc.
* Intentionally scamming members for money or property or using our resources to advertise a competing website.
* Repeated, intentional creepy behavior.