Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default The Price of Necessity

I started thinking one day about the waste and money I spend on convenience or "necessity". It wasn't just about the money but the impact I make having this "convenience" and what if I had to live without. So I thought it would be an interesting thread to talk about impact money and should you suddenly find yourself unable to buy the "simple things"

Let's start with toilet paper. Of course this article was several years ago and like anything else wiping your ass has even gone up due to inflation.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...iletPaper.aspx

lets share some cost and statistics.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

btw wiping your ass in 2007 cost you 140.00. Of course this is for a family BUT I know I probably use this much alone.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I'll tell ya what got me. I noticed a few weeks ago "Green" toilet paper. So I was thinking, who the hell well never mind what I thought. Guess it is recycled other types of paper.

How about water and sewer? I don't have to pay for either and can't imagine paying for either, though I know probably the majority of people pay for them and think nothing about it. Wonder how much it cost the average family of 4 to take a bath wash dishes and clothes and use the toilet a month?
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
btw wiping your ass in 2007 cost you 140.00. Of course this is for a family BUT I know I probably use this much alone.
I just had to run to buy some last night and was pondering the notion of where I fall on the usage continuum. Clearly I'm at the low end.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
I just had to run to buy some last night and was pondering the notion of where I fall on the usage continuum. Clearly I'm at the low end.
When you towel off after a shower, do you consider it "wiping your ass" :P
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
When you towel off after a shower, do you consider it "wiping your ass" :P
Nope.

But when I cash my paycheck and spread the bills around the house and scoot along on my bottom? you bet.

*shudder*
Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #7
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Nope.

But when I cash my paycheck and spread the bills around the house and scoot along on my bottom? you bet.

*shudder*
lol I can see that
Old 07-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

what about wiping yourself on all of those circulars that come in the mail?

after, you could wash, dry and reuse them!
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #9
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Many years ago I knew an old lady that was very tight with money,she always got the daily news paper and would cut it into strips and use it for tp.She grew a guarden every year that would feed an rmy then caned it all,when we use to get paper bags at the grosey store she saved then and used them for insulation over window to keep out the cold and foil to reflect the hot weather.When she passed at 98 she had so much $$$ in the bank and in sandwich bags that her estamated worth was over a million bucks.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2010, 07:51 AM   #10
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

no doubt we gotta eat but what are we really spending money on? We're spending money of shit that makes us sick cost us more money to purchase medical care and it cost us the quality of our life.

I mean come on do we really need disposable storage containers and it's a billion dollar industry. Most of the time we re-use them and eventually throw out. Doesnt it make more sense to buy glass storage containers and keep using them forever? PLUS glass isn't leeching harmful chemicals. Or at least buy plastic's you can use a while.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Dear Ol Butch Bones
Preferred Pronoun?:
Old Thing
Relationship Status:
Too old to play.

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Well..er.. I was enjoying my coffee and donut this mornin...
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #12
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

i was reading this and it made me wonder???
so what about the rubber butch necessities? do you get a new one with every g/f? or do you use a condom and recycle?
if you get a new one with a new g/f what happens to the old one? do they use it to pave the hiways like they do old tires?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #13
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
so what about the rubber butch necessities? do you get a new one with every g/f? or do you use a condom and recycle?
if you get a new one with a new g/f what happens to the old one? do they use it to pave the hiways like they do old tires?
LOL... you have a damn point!

Personally, I recycle unless that is not kewl with a lover. Then, again, I am way past the age of multi-gfs! And frankly, dildoes are not the main event and certainly not a necessity for me. simply An accessory that is always one to be negotiated and just not required.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #14
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

omg! lol

I insist on my own but I'm with Susan.. I don't change lovers that often and it's not a major priority. when it becomes one then we decide together.

but really is a dildo a necessity? What say you?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #15
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
I hope to god you don't buy ones made of rubber. Do you know how porous and cootie-hold-on-to rubber is?
Old 07-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #16
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

HA!
I have my own.....I know where they've been.

And I'm SO not wiping with strips of newspaper.....I just must draw the line SOMEwhere....

I'm looking into getting a small wind turbine to generate electricity....I love the idea of having so much electricity, the electric company would pay ME for a change!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #17
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I agree with ALH about dildos not being a nesary unless its something agreed apon by the one ur with.I have found over they years that wasnt as big a deal as I was led to belive when I first came out years ago..I just go by the adage that the lady gets what the lady wants and when.As for recycleing ..no I dont.

Diva.. as for the wind turbine,its a great idea,my son wanted to put solar panels ond the house but the expense is huge..but the wind turbine will work out fine.Besides its nice to get money back from the electric company after paying the bill for years.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #18
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
omg! lol

I insist on my own but I'm with Susan.. I don't change lovers that often and it's not a major priority. when it becomes one then we decide together.

but really is a dildo a necessity? What say you?
I'll say it again... no it is not. I know this is a personal thang for each of us.... which is kewl. What can get me miffed is having the dildo as every butches necessity stereotype. We are (as well as femmes) different about this stuff.

LOL... yup, thinking choosing one's own is part of positive self-care! Plus, shopping together can be a very erotic and sensual part of the dance between us. And one that can reveal a lot of important information that any lover would like to know about someone they are sharing intimacy with.

OK... yes, I am a monogamous, pretty much vanilla, non-stone, FIB... and am aware of the fact that everyone is different about this stuff. Enjoy whatever you find enjoyable! Bar none!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #19
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Nope.

*shudder*
Trying soooooooooooooo hard to not get a mental image...LOL
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #20
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
I hope to god you don't buy ones made of rubber. Do you know how porous and cootie-hold-on-to rubber is?

lol- cootie grabbers