Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default Heavy Metal & Nostalgia

Driving the interstate yesterday, I saw a car that reminded me of one of the first cars I had. This brought about a conversation with my son regarding cars and the ones I had owned and how I missed them or was glad to see them go.

So, today I decided to ask my fellow Planet peeps...

What car/truck that you owned was your fave? What was about it made it your fave? Pics welcome!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

My fave was my black, 1990 Nissan 300ZX. I felt invincible in this car.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

I put a picture of Mathilde (and me sort of cuddling her in a pinup fashion) at the gallery. She was a 2005 Pontiac G6... silver... clean... good sound system... deceptively huge trunk... comfortably seated 4 + driver... only about 81,000k (about 50300 mi.) on her...

Her nickname is Pony, because it's fun to joke around and go for pony rides. If the insurance people get the rag out, maybe I'll get her back!
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,827 Posts
luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

My first car was an Audi 5000 turbo and it was white like this..

I loved that car.. 5 speed stick. I could jump the front end on take off.
luv2luvgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Mine was a 1964 VW Beetle. When I was married to my girl's dad I always wanted one but he loathed them. So, first thing after our divorce was final I went and bought one. As much as I loved that car, she broke down ALL the time!! But way fun to drive!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've had old lady cars and I've loved them deeply.

Case in point:

I had a 1991 Buick Skylark. Sadie, but I called her Baby more often. Gray with a red pinstripe. Huge trunk. I moved several times in her and got more in her in each load than my friend with an F150. Driver's side window motor went wonky and when we cracked it open, we saw that there'd been an electrical fire in there. Some research brought to my attention that that was a known defect and there had been some recalls. Whooopsie. She went to that great racetrack in the sky (she was waaaaay faster than she appeared....or maybe it was my lead foot....) after having the transmission blow. It was my fault. I couldn't get a new one at the time so I just became verrrry careful at choosing what parking lots I went into, as reverse no longer worked. And then I lost a couple gears. And then forward started getting sluggish.

And then she died. Amen.

I'm going to miss my current car too when she goes to the great racetrack in the sky in about 15ish years from now *crosses fingers*. Ella Blue is a sweet lil thang. People scoff at my Neon, but she goes where I want her to and she keeps me out trouble, no matter HOW many times people try to hit me (and it's a LOT here in Austin....stupid drivers).

She's been with me when I drove from FL to WA over a span of 5 days with a partner, a cat, and two dogs plus our immediate gear, as well as keeping me safe and sane when I drove from WA down here to Austin in less than 37 hours (4 of which were sleeping and 2 of them shaved years off of my life because I could not see the road in front of me at 3am in split pea soup thick fog) all by myself. We saw many, many beatiful things like daybreak in Montana and herds and herds of semi-wild cattle somewhere up there. It was an awesome trip and I'll remember her always for that, if nothing else.

She does, however, have a trigger hair check engine light because of some stupid non-fatal sensor. If I had a dollar for every time I've gone into an AutoZone......

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
DeviantDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Mated

DeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

My favorite without a doubt, is my current.

Tonka

I absolutely love her, and yes, I refer to her as a she... laughs. I had a small Mitsubishi SUV prior to this one which was actually a very nice car but Tonka is just much more comfortable and more of a representation of me.
DeviantDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeviantDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
witchy
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
xoxo

Thanked 21,410 Times in 6,751 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Blk 70 Jag XKE (hard & soft top)
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #9
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Fabulous thread!

My favorite car is the one I have now. It is in my gallery and avatar.

A 2002 BMW Z3. She has 96,000 miles on her and I plan to keep her forever.

I plan to finally get her lowered (just by a wee 1/2 inch) this summer. The larger than OEM aftermarket wheels I bought her two years ago raised her too high for my liking.

I love this car so much my partner and I actually have a trip planned just so that we can drive her a long distance. We plan to drive the entire Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway in May/June. I have requested that fancy dancy brochure from blueridgeparkway.org and I am waiting with bated breath for it to come in the mail so that I can plan our trip! Being that she is at 100K, I need to get her into the shop to change all fluids, install a new coolant system, etc, prior to going.

My other favorite vehicle is the other car I have. I bought this one new. 2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE. 150,000 miles and she will last forever too!

I am 42 years old and besides the two above cars, I have only had one other car (1992 Honda Civic LX - loved that one, too!) I am from a family of keep a car until it dies!

Ok, so I am thinking that people (even car people), are bored by now, so carry on!

ETA: I very, very much would love to get a new silver, Jeep Wrangler (Sahara model) with black interior, but I am controlling myself.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
DeviantDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Mated

DeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
A 2002 BMW Z3. She has 96,000 miles on her and I plan to keep her forever.
She's a beauty, Dapper! Bet she'll look great after the drop.

Anyone else find it funny how many of us are referring to these vehicles as "she"? lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeviantDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #11
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviantDaddy View Post
She's a beauty, Dapper! Bet she'll look great after the drop.

Anyone else find it funny how many of us are referring to these vehicles as "she"? lol
Thank you, DD (hope it is ok to call you that...calling you Daddy feels creepy ha!).

I think it is sort of standard to refer to cars as she, no? Same with boats? Wonder why that is.......

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #12
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
This is one of those threads where I'd love to upload my pic of the 1975 VW Westy pop-up camper van I lovingly restored. Some other Favs I owned were a 68 Plymouth Fury and a 78 Dodge Monaco.
Would love to see any of them, Glenn.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #13
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thank you, DD (hope it is ok to call you that...calling you Daddy feels creepy ha!).

I think it is sort of standard to refer to cars as she, no? Same with boats? Wonder why that is.......
Yup.

Know the phrase "steady as SHE goes"? lol

Not that I'm agreeing with it, but I found this on yahoo.com:

Cause cars and boats, etc, are as alluring to a man as a beautiful, sensuous woman. They can also be as aggravating and temperamental as a woman, as well, so it's just natural to identify them as female.

It's like, also, bad storms are called "Her"icanes, and some medical problems are called, "Her"nias, and the only thing a man ends up being is a "HIM"roid, which always is just a pain in the butt, or one of a woman's worst affictions, which always leads to a "HIS"terectomy.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #14
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BadAss! / Sarcastic Bastard!

Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,817 Posts
Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation

I have to agree that my current is my favorite! I have always wanted a Jeep, finally got one! Just need to customize it now.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #15
DeviantDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Mated

Quote:
Sighs... I suppose I could scratch that fantasy... chuckles.

Not a problem and you are welcome.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeviantDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #16
DeviantDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Mated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Cause cars and boats, etc, are as alluring to a man as a beautiful, sensuous woman. They can also be as aggravating and temperamental as a woman, as well, so it's just natural to identify them as female.

It's like, also, bad storms are called "Her"icanes, and some medical problems are called, "Her"nias, and the only thing a man ends up being is a "HIM"roid, which always is just a pain in the butt, or one of a woman's worst affictions, which always leads to a "HIS"terectomy.
LOL... mint.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeviantDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #17
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Damnit, I came into this thread thinking it was going to actually be about heavy metal
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #18
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
Damnit, I came into this thread thinking it was going to actually be about heavy metal
Sorry.

I realized later it had the wrong name and for the exact reason you just now stated.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #19
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
Sorry.

I realized later it had the wrong name and for the exact reason you just now stated.

And I was pleasantly surprised to find it was not about heavy metal music!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #20
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
Sorry.

I came into the thread thinking it was about heavy metal music too but think that the title is kinda catchy.

I like it!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: