Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 03-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
DamselFly

How Do You Identify?:
QueerStoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am or Damsel
Relationship Status:
single

DamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Re: H.H.The Dalai Lama

His Holiness The Dalai Lama has stepped down as temporal/political leader of the country of Tibet, though He will remain the spiritual leader. He says He does this for the good of the country and hopes that Tibet will vote democratically a new politacl head to take His place. This has left many Tibetans feeling somewhat disoriented, having never known a Tibet w/o H.H. at the Head of State. Since, however, He is regarded as a living God, incarnation of Chenrezig, God of Compassion, His decision will be accepted without question. The Chinese have said they view this as a ruse. They do not trust anything H.H. does. He has said that, since He is living outside of Tibet, His incarnation will be found outside of Tibet. I suspect that, like the Panchen Lama, TWO Dalai Lamas will be found, one proclaimed by the Chinese and the other found and raised secretly by Tibetans, no matter where He or even perhaps She is found.
Getting back to the political situation, many Tibetans seem to hope that the H.H. 17th Karmapa will take over the role played on the world scene politically by the H.H. The Dalai. He is currently barred from leaving India to come to the US for fears of His safety. Threats have been made against him, and Tibetans widely believe that the Chinese would be glad if He were silenced even from speaking on spiritual matters, such is His popularity among all. I, as a Tibetan Buddhist who follows H.H. the Karmapa, think that if an election is held, He will be elected. The Panchen Lama, usually the political head of state in Tibet, in China is not the original Panchen Lama but one chosen and indoctrinated by the Chinese gov't. So Tibetans do not consider Him a viable or indeed even a Tibetan choice.
I have no wish to insult any Chinese by writing any of this. I am Han Chinese by adoption-Caucasian on the outside, Chinese on the inside. I simply do not like how Tibet and the Tibetan people are treated by the Maoist gov't. No more said on that subject.
I just wanted to alert those who might be interested in this momentous decision.
Namaste,
DamselFly, for Tibet
to make my own contribution
(Buddhist prayer, a favorite of H.H.)

DamselFly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DamselFly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Wow. This is a big deal. I actually suspect they have found a successor and it will be interesting how this one continues the traditions as this will be the first Dalai Lama who has grown up outside of Tibet and truly been exposed to an even more world view.

Namaste.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Wow..............
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #5
Camo Eagle

How Do You Identify?:
FTM in these communities. Male in everyday & public life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Camo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST Reputation

I have read on HH website that he wants to focus more on the science of Buddhism. He has backed a lot of studies into the brain/body affects of sound tones, chanting, meditation etc..
Ive read a lot of medical literature thatrs starting to pat attention to these areas. The PET scans are amazing to see.
I was also sent an article that stated that he was even sending Monks to the US Universities to study Science.
I hope he will have time to do a few books on these specific subjects.
Camo Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camo Eagle For This Useful Post: