Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation
Default Medical Marijuana....

New Jersey latest state to approve.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/...cal.marijuana/

I like many others consider the use of marijuana a huge benefit to folks with chronic pain, nausea, glaucoma, and many other illnesses. I don't use it myself, but if my chronic pain issues continue I a may try it. I know it has benefited people close to me.

Happy to see the medical and judicial community finally starting to recognize this as a viable means for pain management!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

I tried it, it didn't work for me, but I know it does for MANY! Glad to see that more and more states and folks are recognizing this.

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,558 Times in 2,992 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Support

http://norml.org/
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
New Jersey latest state to approve.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/...cal.marijuana/

I like many others consider the use of marijuana a huge benefit to folks with chronic pain, nausea, glaucoma, and many other illnesses. I don't use it myself, but if my chronic pain issues continue I a may try it. I know it has benefited people close to me.

Happy to see the medical and judicial community finally starting to recognize this as a viable means for pain management!

Absolutely!

This call for a picture:

This is purely for Medicinal purposes

Remember to VOTE next time the laws hit your state...without this
beautiful plant, I would end up on lots of synthetically altered drugs
that...simply put...would not have the same effects, but instead,
worse side effects than I care to deal with.

Praise Koolad AND Kush

Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Daywalker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #5
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Being that one "close" to Jess... I say, "YAY!!" for medicinal use.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 09:31 AM   #6
wolfwalker

How Do You Identify?:
human

wolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to behold
Default good subject

I would love to say I am thrilled with the New Jersey law. Having been in the trenches here in NJ. I can say without a doubt, the law makers of this state really put the screws to sick people.

they removed self grow and will only allow 6 sites state wide to grow and supply the states sick people.

Now how the hell is an MS patient going to drive 50 miles to pick up a limited 2 oz a month?

The only benefit of this law is that folks who use it are now protected by a medical defense. Which has many people sighing in relief as they are no longer criminals. But access is a big issue unresolved.

wolfwalker
wolfwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolfwalker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 10:24 AM   #7
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalker View Post
I would love to say I am thrilled with the New Jersey law. Having been in the trenches here in NJ. I can say without a doubt, the law makers of this state really put the screws to sick people.

they removed self grow and will only allow 6 sites state wide to grow and supply the states sick people.

Now how the hell is an MS patient going to drive 50 miles to pick up a limited 2 oz a month?

The only benefit of this law is that folks who use it are now protected by a medical defense. Which has many people sighing in relief as they are no longer criminals. But access is a big issue unresolved.

wolfwalker

It may take the state a while before enough folks in need can write in and get the next step started with the lawmakers.

In reading the blogs of the current Prop 8 trial, it seems imperative that people share their stories in order for the masses to "hear" what it's like for them.

If limited access is an issue, hopefully some smart folks will come up with answers.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
wolfwalker

How Do You Identify?:
human

wolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to behold
Default Since we are on the subject

I always try to educate on this subject as much as possible. These are things you may or may not know. If anyone is offended by the truth and would prefer to completely believe the govt. bull chit about this subject. please do not read any further.

History

The use of cannabis, at least as fiber, has been shown to go back at least 10,000 years in Taiwan.[8] Má (Pinyin pronunciation), the Chinese expression for hemp, is a pictograph of two plants under a shelter.[9]Cannabis is indigenous to Central and South Asia.[10] Evidence of the inhalation of cannabis smoke can be found as far back as the 3rd millennium B.C., as indicated by charred cannabis seeds found in a ritual brazier at an ancient burial site in present day Romania.[6] Cannabis is also known to have been used by the ancient Hindus of India and Nepal thousands of years ago. The herb was called ganjika in Sanskrit (गांजा/গাঁজা ganja in modern Indic languages).[11][12] The ancient drug soma, mentioned in the Vedas as a sacred intoxicating hallucinogen, was sometimes associated with cannabis.[13]

Cannabis was also known to the ancient Assyrians, who discovered its psychoactive properties through the Aryans.[14] Using it in some religious ceremonies, they called it qunubu (meaning "way to produce smoke"), a probable origin of the modern word "cannabis".[15] Cannabis was also introduced by the Aryans to the Scythians and Thracians/Dacians, whose shamans (the kapnobatai—"those who walk on smoke/clouds") burned cannabis flowers to induce a state of trance.[16] Members of the cult of Dionysus, believed to have originated in Thrace (Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey), are also thought to have inhaled cannabis smoke. In 2003, a leather basket filled with cannabis leaf fragments and seeds was found next to a 2,500- to 2,800-year-old mummified shaman in the northwestern Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region of China.[17][18]

Cannabis sativa from Vienna Dioscurides, 512 A.D.Cannabis has an ancient history of ritual use and is found in pharmacological cults around the world. Hemp seeds discovered by archaeologists at Pazyryk suggest early ceremonial practices like eating by the Scythians occurred during the 5th to 2nd century B.C., confirming previous historical reports by Herodotus.[19] One writer has claimed that cannabis was used as a religious sacrament by ancient Jews and early Christians[20] due to the similarity between the Hebrew word "qannabbos" ("cannabis") and the Hebrew phrase "qené bósem" ("aromatic cane"). It was used by Muslims in various Sufi orders as early as the Mamluk period, for example by the Qalandars.[21]

A study published in the South African Journal of Science showed that "pipes dug up from the garden of Shakespeare's home in Stratford upon Avon contain traces of cannabis."[22] The chemical analysis was carried out after researchers hypothesized that the "noted weed" mentioned in Sonnet 76 and the "journey in my head" from Sonnet 27 could be references to cannabis and the use thereof.[23]

Cannabis was criminalized in the United States in 1937 due to Marihuana Tax Act of 1937. Several theories try to explain why it is illegal in most Western societies. Jack Herer, a cannabis legalization activist and writer, argues that the economic interests of the paper and chemical industry were a driving force to make it illegal.[24][25][26] Another explanation is that beneficial effects of hemp would lower the profit of pharmaceutical companies which therefore have a vital interest to keep cannabis illegal.[27] Those economic theories were criticized for not taking social aspect into account. The illegalization was rather a result of racism directed to associate American immigrants of Mexican and African descent with cannabis

wolfwalker, medicine man
wolfwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfwalker For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #9
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[/COLOR]This call for a picture:

[COLOR=Black]
[B][FONT=Arial]This is purely for Medicinal purposes

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am feeling a little faint
Old 06-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhmboyrd View Post
[/COLOR]This call for a picture:

[COLOR=Black]
[B][FONT=Arial]This is purely for Medicinal purposes

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am feeling a little faint
LOL

Well, I have new photos of this years crop.
Perhaps I will upload them later.

Still young in it's stage, the Kasey Jones is growing as tall as a tree
and the Grand Daddy Purple looks as purty as that
there Purple Kush did last year.

I also have on the way ~ more clones ~ Super Silver Haze and Bubble Gum.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #11
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

yeah legalize it so you can send me a few clippings.... lol
well it sure looks gorgeous. happy smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
LOL

Well, I have new photos of this years crop.
Perhaps I will upload them later.

Still young in it's stage, the Kasey Jones is growing as tall as a tree
and the Grand Daddy Purple looks as purty as that
there Purple Kush did last year.

I also have on the way ~ more clones ~ Super Silver Haze and Bubble Gum.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #12
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

YES please!