Old 11-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Blue

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Married

Blue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST Reputation
Default B Flicks...Post your favorites here

I have long been a fan of B Movies. This is probably a result of too many Sunday Thriller matinees and staying up way too late as a teen. Between the Evil Brain From Outer Space and Frankenhooker (not to mention loving Monty Python on PBS) I was hooked. I liked the low budgets, corny special effects, truly melodramatic dialogue and the way B Flicks always knew just what they were and invited me to join in the laugh. Some have reached stellar heights like Hairspray (John Waters) and Rocky Horror Picture Show (Richard O'Brien); others live on in memory and might never be seen again. What are some of your favorites?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwLxxcOmKW0"]YouTube- Worst Movie Scenes of All Time: Episode 24[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVUmocFFN7Q"]YouTube- HAIRSPRAY (original & best)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg1CDCD3z5E"]YouTube- frankenhooker ain't easy being a frankenhooker[/ame]
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

I finally saw "Street Trash" (1987) a few weeks ago.
For the life of me, I have no idea how I missed it before. It's from that fun '80s era of extreme gore horror comedy, when extravagant and copious bloodletting could earn a film the dreaded "X" rating.
In that era (Re-animator, Dead Alive, Evil Dead 2) filmmakers often used colors other than red to lovingly render groundbreaking gore effects while avoiding the censorial "X" rating. Much of the gore in Street Trash appears in vivid cheerful colors. Lots of "meltdown" effects. Kind of like what Rainbow Bright or the Smurfs might look like if they had their limbs torn asunder.
While it is not in the same league as the legendary films listed above, it is still a very enjoyable film. The keep-away game with the castrated penis is a bonus, as is the none-too-subtle Reagan era social commentary.
Recommended!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiq8hyqnZS8"]YouTube- AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED - DEATH TAKES A SHIT (Street Trash Movie)[/ame]
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,023 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation
Default Transylvania 6-5000

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTE6As6-tm8"]YouTube- Transylvania 6-5000 Trailer I[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3r8ik4ZpIA"]YouTube- Is Good. Smell it. Smell everything...[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCHUJdV9HIk"]YouTube- Transylvania 6-5000 Michael Richards compilation[/ame]

Best B movie ever.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation
Default and of course

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6gJOyK8M_A"]YouTube- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Trailer[/ame]

Try getting that theme song out of your head.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

This one gave me terrible nightmares when I was a kid. I slept on my sister's bedroom floor for weeks after I watched it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhyRpvgm03g"]YouTube- The Blob (1958) - Theatrical Trailer[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
Blue

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Married

Blue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST Reputation

I've never heard of Street Trash...truly gory...but so surreal. I think I saw Transylvania 6-3000 but it was years ago. I went through a creature feature phase recently and got hold of Octopus I and II and Crocodile I and II. There is something about the toy submarine with the giant octopus...I just love that stuff.

Here's one that just HAD to be made...Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus...Lorenzo Lamas and Debbie Gibson (remember her?) Come on...as if a fear of flying wasn't enough...now giant sharks snatching 777s out of the sky...It's just too great.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjV1ctDfBcs"]YouTube- !!MEGA SHARK VS. GIANT OCTOPUS TRAILER !!CAMPY TRAILER IS A WEB HIT!![/ame]
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2010, 07:20 PM   #7
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,422 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default Make sure to store your sugar in Tupperware!

Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,115 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Electric Dreams

can never get enough of this one.

Cool As Ice

"Drop that zero and get with the hero."

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #9
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rock and Roll Nightmare - Canada, 1987

I love when the guy from Thor says "You've killed no one Bub, or is it less familiar to call you Beezlebub?"
Old 05-22-2010, 11:10 PM   #10
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Carnival of Souls - 1962

Old 05-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #11
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,765 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxxi View Post
Electric Dreams

can never get enough of this one.

I loved Edgar!

I still make references to this movie. Of course, most people don't get it, but I still make them.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #12
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

All time fav B Flick and film in general.. Lair of the White Worm

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK61O6H3E9s"]YouTube- Lair of the white worm[/nomedia]

Last edited by Jess; 05-23-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post: