The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,741 Times in 3,175 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Some labels do not include trans in the definition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Here is what I see, if I may. I see you as a strong, intelligent, masculine female/trans energy who "lives" to serve, respect and honor a strong intelligent feminine woman .
It is interesting that I bring this up. I was reading through the Femme Led Relationships and Trans/Butch Bottoms thread and picked up on the comment above by Jess. It is interesting that Weatherboi's preferred pronoun of "Hey Boy" and Identity is "Owned Boy" without mention of trans but the assumption is that he is either a masculine female or has trans energy.

Weatherboi's challenge is another form of invisibility (similar to PapaC's thread on invisibility in the Queer world): in this case, he's not seen as the man he is. Not a trans man. A man. Period.

While I may identify as a transman, not all those who transition see themselves as trans anything. I think it's something that we recognize within the community just as much as we need to see and acknowledge female-ID'd butches. It is something that I didn't realize existed until I was in a support group for "masculine spectrum" individuals who were assigned female at birth. It was there that I learned about the fact that some really do not see themselves ever as female and to suggest anything else is insulting and dismissive of them.

The same is true for some women who many would identity as a trans woman but they are anything but that.

So a question to all: do you view those that were mis-assigned the wrong gender at birth as always trans something? if so, why? would you ever view them as wholly their gender (as they should be and not assigned)?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: