Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Awesome post Thinker. I totally get what you're saying, I read somewhere the other night and dang I wish I could put my finger on it right now, but it said that over 50% of the transmen in the US live far under the poverty level cuz as you said they lost their jobs, homes, family, etcetcetc when they transition. So now they are also left without healthcare as well if the state won't cover them. It was also said that the transmen group are one of the highest discriminated against groups in the US right now. Now that's privilege.

I can pass quite easily when I choose to do so. I had a very stressful high up job in a big manufacturing facility with 6 remote branches. I was the MIS Director for the whole shabang. I had to cost justify every little penny I wanted to spend. I was questioned endlessly as to why I wanted to spend the money. They even called other companies to come in and verify what I said. When I had my last back surgery they replaced me within a week with a "real" man with a cock dangling between his legs that said he had been with IBM for 20+ years and oh my he could do it all. He wound up costing that company well over $200,000 for shit they didn't need or to replace stuff he tore up and was hiding it, didn't have to justify one thing to them, he could just do it. Short ending, before my medical leave was up they called wanting me to come back full time, that I could run the department as I saw fit, you know, male privilege, I told em to go screw themselves in not so nice terms. So see, we don't get privilege like some people think we do, it's not all encompassing male privilege. At least my experience has been quite the opposite. I'm not denying it's out there somewhere, it's just not been my experience all that much.

lol, it took em 3 years to figure out the man lied about every ability he had and to fire him.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post: