Old 10-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Remember your favorite car?

Was driving back from dropping Rooster at school today and passed a white VW Karmann Ghia....just like the one I had in the early 80's.

I loved that car...broken seat belts, no acceleration to speak of, frequently funky starting behavior and all. His name was Carmen....yea, original, I know....and he (definitely a he) was the most temperamental car I ever owned.

I had my best trip ever down the Pacific Coast Highway in Carmen....meandered through the Redwoods...hopped the ferry in Seattle...lots and lots of good memories tied up with the car.

In keeping with his personality, he had a dramatic end....rear-ended by a hit and run driver, spinning on the ice, and hit head on by a pickup truck. He never had a chance.

Dang, I miss that car. Whenever I see one, which is becoming a rare thing anymore, I'm always tempted to flag down the driver and ask if they'd be willing to sell it.

Got a car you still miss?