Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #20
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

This is what i think....

I think that any moment i will have a lightbulb moment and say "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i get it and agree!!!"

Cause right now i just dont.

Isn't it human nature to be curious? Isn't it our lifestyles now to be entertained? I'm not talking about sick-o stuff like stupid torture crap, but like well, the show, sister wives for example. It's a reality TV show that i like and look forward to. Does that make me a bad person? These people sign up for this and get paid big time for this and it's just...entertainment. I don't believe everything i see or hear, i'm not that gullible. I know a lot of it is acting as well.

But, here's the thing...

I feel i should be ashamed because i like reality TV shows. I'm not obsessed but i like them. Sue me.

We don't watch much TV at all. Bully watches political things, of course. We read a lot for entertainment, play on the puter and talk about things. I watch just a few things....Survivor, Sister wives, American Idol, The Walking Dead, Big Brother which are all seasonal and not on at the same times and that's about it. The daily hum drum sitcoms bore me to tears and i dislike all of the violence with the detective shows and stuff. Oh and i watch an occasional movie maybe once or twice a month.

How does that make me, and people like me bad? It feels like maybe some of you think that would make me not suitable for society or not decent person. How? Honest question, not being snippity. Really trying to understand.

What is the difference in watching Survivor or reading what everyone is doing on facebook, or even here for that matter. I realize here and on facebook we have "friends" but some of the stuff we all have read we don't know these people. Isn't it all just entertainment, enlightenment with different cultures and people, education at times, understanding of how other people live and what they are about?

I really think i'm missing something.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:

Tags
gossip tv, killers, murder, reality tv, talk radio