Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

View Poll Results: What is Your Employment Status?
I am employed full time. 84 53.85%
I am employed part time. 7 4.49%
I do freelance work. 7 4.49%
I am on unemployment. 6 3.85%
I am not currently employed. 4 2.56%
I am not currently employed but looking for a job. 7 4.49%
I am currently employed and looking for a better job. 7 4.49%
I work more than one job. 6 3.85%
I am on disability. 15 9.62%
Other: See thread for explanation 13 8.33%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2016, 05:51 AM   #1
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
 
DapperButch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7,745
Thanks: 26,545
Thanked 26,807 Times in 5,771 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
Other: Self Employed. I rent my practice space in a medical building.
So, you're up and running?? Congrats on making it through your tough program and now working as a professional! Are you in your own practice, or with a few other people? Exciting! I am happy for you!
__________________
-Dapper

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2016, 02:59 AM   #2
imperfect_cupcake
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first
 
imperfect_cupcake's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In a gauze of mystery
Posts: 1,776
Thanks: 2,426
Thanked 9,708 Times in 1,611 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
So, you're up and running?? Congrats on making it through your tough program and now working as a professional! Are you in your own practice, or with a few other people? Exciting! I am happy for you!
Yup! I'm ve been working since May. I was asked if I wanted to join a very well established clinic that is run by one of my outreach instructors: my outreach at the HIV support clinic. He runs the highest rated clinic in my city, and also teaches students at the HIV clinic to give back to the community.

So, I have an incredible start. All that bone crushing hard work has paid off with an incredible placement offer. I'm doing well. I love my patients. It took 6 weeks to stop being really fucking sore and exhausted after I started, as I can burn up to 3,500 calories in a day at work. So I have to take very good care of myself. I got myself a cleaner so I'm not bogged down at home with extra work, kicked out my flatmates so I have a place on my own finally, and I just adopted a very lovely cat.

I need rest and low stress on my days off. So I'm not going to be busting my tits looking after someone. So, either it's someone fun and easy going with no drug and alcohol problems, or I stay single till I'm in my grave lol
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2016, 06:50 PM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
 
DapperButch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7,745
Thanks: 26,545
Thanked 26,807 Times in 5,771 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
Yup! I'm ve been working since May. I was asked if I wanted to join a very well established clinic that is run by one of my outreach instructors: my outreach at the HIV support clinic. He runs the highest rated clinic in my city, and also teaches students at the HIV clinic to give back to the community.

So, I have an incredible start. All that bone crushing hard work has paid off with an incredible placement offer. I'm doing well. I love my patients. It took 6 weeks to stop being really fucking sore and exhausted after I started, as I can burn up to 3,500 calories in a day at work. So I have to take very good care of myself. I got myself a cleaner so I'm not bogged down at home with extra work, kicked out my flatmates so I have a place on my own finally, and I just adopted a very lovely cat.

I need rest and low stress on my days off. So I'm not going to be busting my tits looking after someone. So, either it's someone fun and easy going with no drug and alcohol problems, or I stay single till I'm in my grave lol
Titsalina, that is so wonderful! Wow, congrats on the offer to join such a practice! You deserve this after going through some tough economic times. Good on ya!
__________________
-Dapper

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2016, 06:57 PM   #4
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
 
DapperButch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7,745
Thanks: 26,545
Thanked 26,807 Times in 5,771 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
Yup! I'm ve been working since May. I was asked if I wanted to join a very well established clinic that is run by one of my outreach instructors: my outreach at the HIV support clinic. He runs the highest rated clinic in my city, and also teaches students at the HIV clinic to give back to the community.

So, I have an incredible start. All that bone crushing hard work has paid off with an incredible placement offer. I'm doing well. I love my patients. It took 6 weeks to stop being really fucking sore and exhausted after I started, as I can burn up to 3,500 calories in a day at work. So I have to take very good care of myself. I got myself a cleaner so I'm not bogged down at home with extra work, kicked out my flatmates so I have a place on my own finally, and I just adopted a very lovely cat.

I need rest and low stress on my days off. So I'm not going to be busting my tits looking after someone. So, either it's someone fun and easy going with no drug and alcohol problems, or I stay single till I'm in my grave lol
Also, I get what you are saying about being drained. I started doing some private practice work in the evenings for extra cash (well mainly due to overflow...I don't want to say no to any trans client who calls me and I can't fit them in at my regular job), and I fear I am really going to feel it. Already I am behind on documentation.
At my regular job I have two radically different jobs, one a behavioral health consultant in a primary care office, and one a regular therapist. 3 days in one place, 2 days the other. That already makes my head spin. Now I am adding something else. I know when the cash starts flowing in I will be happy (and I need more money because I need a new car), but I am worried about how it will be long term.
__________________
-Dapper

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2016, 01:55 AM   #5
imperfect_cupcake
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first
 
imperfect_cupcake's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In a gauze of mystery
Posts: 1,776
Thanks: 2,426
Thanked 9,708 Times in 1,611 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation
Default

The charting takes up so much time, doesn't it??? I have so many solicitor reports and court reports to write. It takes me sometimes and extra 90 minutes a night to write everything up - invoices, charts, reports, emailing extra info for patients with questions... my shift ends at 8:30 but sometimes I don't leave till 10pm.
I *love* my patients, most of them. And I want to make sure I can do everything I can. The most common thing they say about me is that I am "utterly thourough" and I bloody well am. I may take longer and do things differently than many therapists but I won't ever leave someone short.

Taking pride in our work to a fault can really be a balancing act.

My career will always come first. It's my sparkle, my depth. My talent and my passion. Most Queers won't abide by that. *shrug*

So I make sure I take care of me first. Anything left over is absolutely given to those I care for. And that's not acceptable to many, if not most.

But I hear you. I understand. We are lucky. And the self responsibility with that is occasionally daunting. AND sometimes coming home and shoving a granola bar in my mouth with a magnesium tablet for sore muscles is the most I can do. So I won't be making someone else's dinner, nor doing their laundry or cleaning their toilet. Fuck that. I don't even clean my own toilet.



I hope you have lots of self care goodies stashed away for yourself !!!
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2016, 02:06 AM   #6
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: .
Posts: 6,896
Thanks: 29,046
Thanked 13,092 Times in 3,386 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post



My career will always come first. It's my sparkle, my depth. My talent and my passion. Most Queers won't abide by that. *shrug*
This is how I feel about my profession too. It's the one thing know about myself and, no matter if everything else falls apart, I have this one huge area in life where I know I made the right choice. And there have been times where it has saved me; going to work each day and teaching those flawed and beautiful teenagers saved me from going into an even darker place when life was miserable.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2016, 05:16 PM   #7
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
 
DapperButch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7,745
Thanks: 26,545
Thanked 26,807 Times in 5,771 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon View Post
This is how I feel about my profession too. It's the one thing know about myself and, no matter if everything else falls apart, I have this one huge area in life where I know I made the right choice. And there have been times where it has saved me; going to work each day and teaching those flawed and beautiful teenagers saved me from going into an even darker place when life was miserable.
Oh hell, yeah. To both the identity piece, but for sure the "saved me" piece.

I have definitely had hard moments in a day and would think to myself, "I need to see a client to steady myself. I will be fine then" lol
__________________
-Dapper

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 09:42 PM   #8
ksrainbow
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Valued
Relationship Status:
UNO
 
ksrainbow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 774
Thanks: 1,761
Thanked 2,194 Times in 574 Posts
Rep Power: 21474853
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Glad to be back...

In 2009, the mental health community agency I was employed with, suffered a severe budget cut that eliminated my position of 9 years along with 4 other co-workers. All 5 of us struggled as to what would be the outcome for the patients we gave hope and stability.

20 days ago today: 3 of us returned upon request at the agency's CEO to bring back our collective years of experience the hope and security to those patients.We all agreed that much has changed in the last 7 yrs. We all found other jobs..sought a place where we could touch the lives of those who needed hope and stability but never felt we were able to make a difference.

None of us expected that we would be able to return to our personal dedications and experiences of caring and hope to those who needed us the most. For me, this was very personal and emotionally moving to be there for those who knew me then and saw me there today.

I am more than happy the CEO called and asked for our return!

ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 11:39 PM   #9
Kätzchen
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Attached to my wonderful partner <3
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Standing tall beside my sweetie (partner)
Posts: 16,557
Thanks: 29,211
Thanked 33,782 Times in 10,851 Posts
Rep Power: 21474869
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I can't give a lot of personal details about my latest work placement, but I can say my former company hired me back, I work in an office that serves an international company of engineers and while I'm not salaried, I will be earning a decent living and I'm grateful to be back on board with the company I was last working for. I work a Monday through Friday schedule, get all holidays off, and I also have the opportunity to advance in placement. Just today, in front of my small office crew, I got another compliment by an vendor who frequents our office, daily. So I'm thrilled to be back at work.
__________________
“Wild flowers don’t care where they grow,”
— Dolly Parton



“We badly need to raise our boys more like girls,”
— Gloria Steinem.

🌷🌷🌷🌷 🌷🌷🌷🌷
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2021, 08:54 AM   #10
Happyfemme
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 1,666
Thanks: 15,303
Thanked 4,930 Times in 1,494 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I started a new position in a different organization. Director of Ambulatory Programs which is basically the same type of work including; strategic planning, outcomes, evidence-based practice, and financials.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2021, 12:19 PM   #11
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly
 
GeorgiaMa'am's Avatar
 
14 Highscores

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,461
Thanks: 39,740
Thanked 28,494 Times in 5,831 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation
Default

My boss is working from Florida for three months, and the rest of us, including me, are working from home. I expect that will change once we all get our vaccines. I actually love working from home, I never have to get dressed except from the waist up twice a week for our staff Zoom meetings. I'm spending hardly any money on gas, and no money on lunches out.
__________________
-GeorgiaMa'am


It's true that you are blessed and lucky
It's true that you are touched by something
that will grow and bloom in you.


-10,000 Maniacs

GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2021, 03:07 PM   #12
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
.....
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 38,565
Thanks: 20,811
Thanked 33,541 Times in 14,913 Posts
Rep Power: 21474890
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfemme View Post
I started a new position in a different organization. Director of Ambulatory Programs which is basically the same type of work including; strategic planning, outcomes, evidence-based practice, and financials.
Congrats Happy..........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2021, 03:32 PM   #13
Happyfemme
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 1,666
Thanks: 15,303
Thanked 4,930 Times in 1,494 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Congrats Happy..........
Thanks so much homoe.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2021, 07:59 PM   #14
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!
 
Blade's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Down on the farm
Posts: 5,501
Thanks: 9,855
Thanked 14,410 Times in 4,058 Posts
Rep Power: 21474858
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default

To much work and not enough play. Thankful to have been employed by the same company for 35 yrs threw the economic good and hard times. However like most other employers they want us to do more work with less people. That has turned into getting up every morning not knowing how many hours I will work each day. It's close to 60 hrs each week. I'm getting to old for 60 hr weeks, need some down time during the week. Not to mention how it makes dating impossible. But am thankful to be healthy and working.
__________________
Yeah so what if I'm triple dipped in awesome sauce?

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2021, 12:33 AM   #15
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single
 
JDeere's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 17,752
Thanks: 31,018
Thanked 28,831 Times in 9,707 Posts
Rep Power: 21474866
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Still in the same stupid job that ive had for over 15 months now

60 plus hours a week

I need out!
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
employment, job

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:02 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018