![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
~ Preferred Pronoun?:
~ Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ~
Posts: 1,954
Thanks: 10,392
Thanked 8,317 Times in 1,626 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
on Amazon Prime:
Taking Chance Based on a true story: "Kevin Bacon stars as a military officer whose life is changed after taking an assignment to escort home the body of a 19-year-old Marine killed in Iraq in this profoundly moving HBO Films drama." It was as they described it..."profoundly moving" and cause for reflection. I may not always agree with war, but I will always respect and honor those who serve. So, I say to you Chance Phelps and to all those who have served and those who continue to ..Thank You For Your Service |
|
|
|
| The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#2 | |
|
Infamous Member
How Do You Identify?:
Transguy Preferred Pronoun?:
He Relationship Status:
single ![]() Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central West Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,204
Thanks: 34,866
Thanked 17,774 Times in 3,939 Posts
Rep Power: 21474858 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I watched this a few months back. I agree, it is profoundly moving. I wish that all who serve/have served are treated with as much respect from their government and fellow citizens.
Quote:
__________________
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
|
|
|
|
|
| The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#3 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
femme Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,605
Thanks: 987
Thanked 4,265 Times in 1,315 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
miss fishers murder mysteries
__________________
Life is a long lesson in humility. James M. Barrie
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Long-time Member
How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡ Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,149
Thanks: 5,772
Thanked 6,828 Times in 1,621 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
|
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#5 |
|
Infamous Member
How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult* Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman Relationship Status:
No, thank you. Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Home in NC..gonna dig in like a tick this time…
Posts: 7,665
Thanks: 15,253
Thanked 27,603 Times in 6,959 Posts
Rep Power: 21474860 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I watched Twin Peaks to the end..finally. Ending sucked! I'm glad Showtime is doing a mini series. Hopefully it'll tidy up loose ends...
__________________
|
|
|
|
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#6 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
~ Preferred Pronoun?:
~ Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ~
Posts: 1,954
Thanks: 10,392
Thanked 8,317 Times in 1,626 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
In the past I have watched The Crown, Reign, and now The Tudors.
They are very well done...but, I have to say The Tudors is more descriptive with their depiction on the ways of torture and forms of execution, that it actually put a lump in my chest and throat. I can not imagine living in that time frame or grasp the concept of how they justified their actions ...or lived with themselves after carrying out and witnessing such horror |
|
|
|
| The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#7 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing. Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers. Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: La vie bohem
Posts: 489
Thanks: 544
Thanked 796 Times in 232 Posts
Rep Power: 0 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I too watched Reign, I thought it was a great story depicting such a sweet love. The story has an innocents and purity of heart (the leading characters) that I found charming.
I also enjoyed the Miss Fishers murder mysteries. A free-spirited woman with a wonderful sense of style. Awhile back I watched Penny Dreadful A great story weaving in old horror themes in a most inventive steampunk sort of way. A great story with superb actors. Today I watched Medici, another well-done period piece by Netflix. |
|
|
|
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#8 | |
|
Practically Lives Here
How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his Relationship Status:
Single Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 17,752
Thanks: 31,018
Thanked 28,831 Times in 9,707 Posts
Rep Power: 21474866 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
| The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|