Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Trans Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2017, 07:31 AM   #1
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: .
Posts: 6,896
Thanks: 29,046
Thanked 13,092 Times in 3,386 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Balanced and Interesting Documentary:

BBC Two - Transgender Kids: Who Knows Best?
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2017, 06:46 PM   #2
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
 
DapperButch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7,745
Thanks: 26,545
Thanked 26,807 Times in 5,771 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon View Post

I have not watched the documentary....

What is this about? What is balanced? And what is your goal in posting this?

Honestly, if it is another post where you, as a cis person, are questioning the accepted medical care/looking to debate the care or rights given to trans people, I wish you would create another thread for that.

It doesn't feel good to see those kind of posts in a trans thread, by a cis person. I will be honest and tell you that I am not sure of your agenda and it makes me uncomfortable.
__________________
-Dapper

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:49 PM   #3
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: .
Posts: 6,896
Thanks: 29,046
Thanked 13,092 Times in 3,386 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I have not watched the documentary....

What is this about? What is balanced? And what is your goal in posting this?

Honestly, if it is another post where you, as a cis person, are questioning the accepted medical care/looking to debate the care or rights given to trans people, I wish you would create another thread for that.

It doesn't feel good to see those kind of posts in a trans thread, by a cis person. I will be honest and tell you that I am not sure of your agenda and it makes me uncomfortable.
It's a documentary discussing the varying ways of treating GNC and/or trans kids. I thought this WAS the appropriate thread. It doesn't "feel good" for me to post a documentary on this issue and I must have some nefarious agenda? My *agenda* was only to give people the link if they were interested. I don't appreciate the accusatory and arrogant tone of your post or suggesting that I create another thread. As for the word "balanced"--there is much to be discussed with not just one way of treating children who are GNC or trans. I can't help that you are uncomfortable with a link to a documentary that presents different approaches, personal stories, and medical opinions/treatments. You haven't even *watched* the documentary and you're coming at me like this b/c of the word "balanced" in the title of my post? Wow.

ETA: As an educator who teaches GNC and trans kids, this phenomenon of children transitioning is of great interest to me. This IS the Trans Zone. It is a documentary on this issue. I thought others may wish to view it. Don't watch it if you're not interested.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #4
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 8,258
Thanks: 39,306
Thanked 40,444 Times in 7,285 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I have not watched the documentary....

What is this about? What is balanced? And what is your goal in posting this?

Honestly, if it is another post where you, as a cis person, are questioning the accepted medical care/looking to debate the care or rights given to trans people, I wish you would create another thread for that.

It doesn't feel good to see those kind of posts in a trans thread, by a cis person. I will be honest and tell you that I am not sure of your agenda and it makes me uncomfortable.
I frequently post articles or medical peer reviewed studies in this thread that I think may be of interest to trans folks and I am a cis person, too.

Are we not allowed to?

I have never posted anything in this thread that was insulting or transphobic and have always posted coming from a place of genuine care.
__________________
~Anya~




Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post


"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2017, 09:39 PM   #5
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
 
DapperButch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7,745
Thanks: 26,545
Thanked 26,807 Times in 5,771 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I frequently post articles or medical peer reviewed studies in this thread that I think may be of interest to trans folks and I am a cis person, too.

Are we not allowed to?

I have never posted anything in this thread that was insulting or transphobic and have always posted coming from a place of genuine care.
I suppose anyone can post anything that they want as long as it is not against the TOS. I have enjoyed the things you have posted. I have never thought anything that you posted was insulting or transphobic.
__________________
-Dapper

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2017, 07:47 PM   #6
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
...
Preferred Pronoun?:
...
 
MsTinkerbelly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 6,573
Thanks: 30,737
Thanked 22,895 Times in 5,017 Posts
Rep Power: 0
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

An FYI for California residents.

The state has just proposed a bill allowing California ID's to have 3 choices for gender. There will be male, female and non-binary options. The bill (which is expected to pass easily), will also include making the process of changing gender markers on birth certificates streamlined and less time consuming.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2017, 07:38 PM   #7
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
 
DapperButch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7,745
Thanks: 26,545
Thanked 26,807 Times in 5,771 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default It looks like trans folks are getting hit first

Hey, guys. So the shit has already started for us trans folks.

Transgender Rights are under attack in these 11 states

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...wyoming-kansas

I would strongly suggest that you get whatever document changes you can do in your state ASAP, even those that are democratic states.

I would even more strongly suggest you change these two federal documents:

1) passport
2) change your gender marker with social security.
__________________
-Dapper

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2017, 07:53 AM   #8
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
 
DapperButch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7,745
Thanks: 26,545
Thanked 26,807 Times in 5,771 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Boy Scouts is FINALLY letting trans boys join!

Although the change is not due to acceptance that we don't have any control over our gender, at least our kids are no longer being turned away from scouting!

I didn't expect this to happen with Trump in office, but gender identity discrimination laws are keeping them from being able to access meeting areas and such. It impacts them from being able to run their business, you see...


"For more than 100 years, the Boy Scouts of America, along with schools, youth sports, and other youth organizations, have ultimately deferred to the information on an individual’s birth certificate to determine eligibility for our single-gender programs,” Delimarkos said in explaining the thinking behind the new policy. “However, that approach is no longer sufficient as communities and state laws are interpreting gender identity differently, and these laws vary widely from state to state.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/dominichold...XAG#.mr5Qb0wlE


Of course, the Girl Scouts have always let all girls in...
__________________
-Dapper

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #9
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
 
DapperButch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7,745
Thanks: 26,545
Thanked 26,807 Times in 5,771 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Angry Trans Folks are getting hit again....

Wisconsin pulled the plug on their trans healthcare that was required to go place as of January 1, 2017 (Section 1557 of the ACA = Affordable Care Act)

They have no fear they will be held accountable as Trump made an executive order to [go easy] on states/companies not following the ACA rules.

I am sure we will see other red states follow...


http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ampaign=buffer

As I said on another post/thread, Trump won't give a shit who is stepping on trans people...they are lowest on the socio economic scale. They don't have the money or power or influence that the Gs in the LGBT community have. (Gs = gay men).
__________________
-Dapper

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:59 AM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018