Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Femme Zone

The Femme Zone For all things "Femme"

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #1
Contradictor
Junior Member

How Do You Identify?:
I don't!Kinda wish I did.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Whatever you think suits
Relationship Status:
Hers
 
Contradictor's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 39
Thanks: 2
Thanked 112 Times in 30 Posts
Rep Power: 1932747
Contradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I don't know that I'm a femme. I know that most of the time I appear as one. I'd like someone to tell me if I am! But I know that's not realistic.
I like pink. I wear make up often. I wear skirts and dresses.
Does that make me femme? Sorry if not supposed to ask on here.
Contradictor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Contradictor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #2
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up
 
girl_dee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Livin’ the Dream
Posts: 24,079
Thanks: 30,560
Thanked 54,819 Times in 13,908 Posts
Rep Power: 21474874
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contradictor View Post
I don't know that I'm a femme. I know that most of the time I appear as one. I'd like someone to tell me if I am! But I know that's not realistic.
I like pink. I wear make up often. I wear skirts and dresses.
Does that make me femme? Sorry if not supposed to ask on here.

no, none of that makes you a femme, because if it did, i'd lose my card.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
Contradictor
Junior Member

How Do You Identify?:
I don't!Kinda wish I did.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Whatever you think suits
Relationship Status:
Hers
 
Contradictor's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 39
Thanks: 2
Thanked 112 Times in 30 Posts
Rep Power: 1932747
Contradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Thank you, that's helpful
Contradictor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Contradictor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 12:54 PM   #4
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 8,258
Thanks: 39,306
Thanked 40,444 Times in 7,285 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I think that in the same way that MOC women/butches know that they are not girly girls or feel very feminine or can't relate to the perceived feelings; femmes just "feel" it.

I have never questioned that I was female. It never felt foreign to me. I just "knew" that I was a girl and I have always liked that.

I never really integrated femme with female until I fell in love with my long-term ex.

She was very butch and heard sir pretty much everywhere she went. She did not identify as male nor felt uncomfortable in her MOC lesbian butch skin.

I met her in NOW in the mid-70's and was always, always, attracted to her but really did not understand why. We remained friends during my first relationship with a woman. I loved that first woman dearly.

She was very femme. I admired and loved her feminity but the sexual attraction was really not there. She was my bestie but we were both questioning our sexuality and fell into a sexual relationship. I also want to add that after we broke up; all of her girl-friends were butch...

When we broke up, the butch asked me out and we were together for 19-years. She came out in the 60's, when there were much more rigid roles. She was trained by a mentor in the ways of butch and recognized and appreciated the femme difference in me.

We were ying and yang and it was a real sexual spark for us.

She helped nurture the internal femme in me. I don't wear heels or dresses any more but those are externals and really have nothing to do, IMHO, with the internal identification as femme.

I went out to lunch with a butch dyke that I work with last week. She is questioning her gender identity but for now, still identifies as she/her so, I shall, too.

Somehow, we started talking about butch and femme (that is her chosen and soul dynamic also) and we were talking about butch and femme as we were driving. She always insists on driving. Surprise.

Anyway, i said something about being femme and was trying to explain it and she laughed (a quite hearty laugh I might add) and said:

"Yes, I know that you are femme. There is no question about that".

__________________
~Anya~




Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post


"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:24 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018