![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Femme Relationship Status:
Attached to my wonderful partner <3 Join Date: May 2010
Location: Standing tall beside my sweetie (partner)
Posts: 16,557
Thanks: 29,211
Thanked 33,782 Times in 10,851 Posts
Rep Power: 21474869 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
The Color of Water (James McBride).
__________________
“Wild flowers don’t care where they grow,” — Dolly Parton “We badly need to raise our boys more like girls,” — Gloria Steinem. 🌷🌷🌷🌷
🌷🌷🌷🌷 |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Pixie Stick
How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme. Preferred Pronoun?:
She. Relationship Status:
Happily taken. Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 11,293
Thanks: 31,723
Thanked 31,816 Times in 6,109 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
The Everyday Witch by Deborah Blake.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
Me Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: *
Posts: 4,184
Thanks: 3,957
Thanked 3,983 Times in 822 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Fire and Fury, Michael Wolff. It's even better now that Bannon is back pedaling.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Infamous Member
How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult* Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman Relationship Status:
No, thank you. Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Home in NC..gonna dig in like a tick this time…
Posts: 7,665
Thanks: 15,253
Thanked 27,603 Times in 6,959 Posts
Rep Power: 21474860 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I read this a while back. I thought it was very good.
__________________
|
|
|
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#5 |
|
Junior Member
How Do You Identify?:
Fierce Femme Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her Relationship Status:
~daydreaming~ Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast
Posts: 81
Thanks: 65
Thanked 304 Times in 74 Posts
Rep Power: 6329326 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I'm still reading Stone Butch Blues (and crying), but I would like to some read of Ivan Coyote's works next.
Has anyone read them before? |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Practically Lives Here
How Do You Identify?:
Butch Relationship Status:
..... Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 38,565
Thanks: 20,811
Thanked 33,541 Times in 14,913 Posts
Rep Power: 21474890 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I caved in and picked up a copy of Fire and Fury........
|
|
|
|
| The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#7 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
just me Preferred Pronoun?:
he Relationship Status:
This seat is taken Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Buckeye
Posts: 210
Thanks: 180
Thanked 274 Times in 119 Posts
Rep Power: 227090 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
The Dark Lord’s Handbook, Paul Dale
__________________
Kosmo (fka ZRider) |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
*** Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,999
Thanks: 13,409
Thanked 18,276 Times in 4,164 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
The Odyssey again but for the first time in a long while. The Fagles translation. I tried reading the new Emily Wilson translation because it is supposed to be kind of feminist, but it was jarring. The language was too every day. I am kind of disappointed. I was predisposed to like it based on reviews. Plus I paid twenty bucks for it. Oh well. Maybe I'll try it again someday. I like Fagles though. Accessible but still poetic.
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
Femme Preferred Pronoun?:
She Relationship Status:
N/A Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 3,742
Thanks: 7,696
Thanked 7,091 Times in 2,319 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
...this is so lyrical and beautiful (so far). I wonder if I would dare watch the movie adaptation. I’m not sure how it could represent the beauty of this book’s written style. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| books, reading |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|