Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up
 
girl_dee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Livin’ the Dream
Posts: 24,079
Thanks: 30,560
Thanked 54,819 Times in 13,908 Posts
Rep Power: 21474874
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
They sell them at Walmart, come in several different quart amounts, and are one of the greatest things ever made.

I made a cake, roast, turkey, chicken, beans, rice, stews, bread...etc. etc. etc.

I just google “chicken Marsala for instapot” (for example) and bam, several recipes to choose from.

Bake, stew, roast, rice, sauté, steam, AND it has a slow cooker feature!

Best kitchen gadget EVER!

I tried Chicken Marsala but we didn’t have a corkscrew so no wine, so we just had chicken and dumplings pretty much.

a cake???????
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 08:03 PM   #2
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
...
Preferred Pronoun?:
...
 
MsTinkerbelly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 6,573
Thanks: 30,737
Thanked 22,895 Times in 5,017 Posts
Rep Power: 0
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

I tried Chicken Marsala but we didn’t have a corkscrew so no wine, so we just had chicken and dumplings pretty much.

a cake???????
You need a pan (loaf pans or 8” round) that will fit inside your instapot, or something similar to a coffee can shape for bread. You can get times from any recipe on google...VERY important that you cover the top of the pan with a paper towel and foil due to the steaming involved. The paper towel goes next to the batter under the foil. You will place the pan on the trivet and add 1 cup of water to the pot.

The consistency was of a pound cake, and was really good.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 08:12 PM   #3
tantalizingfemme
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Me
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: *
Posts: 4,184
Thanks: 3,957
Thanked 3,983 Times in 822 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

I tried Chicken Marsala but we didn’t have a corkscrew so no wine, so we just had chicken and dumplings pretty much.

a cake???????
People make cheesecake in the InstaPot too. This thing is incredible.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 09:07 PM   #4
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up
 
girl_dee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Livin’ the Dream
Posts: 24,079
Thanks: 30,560
Thanked 54,819 Times in 13,908 Posts
Rep Power: 21474874
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
People make cheesecake in the InstaPot too. This thing is incredible.
Yes they do, I am going to try it one day!

What we do is buy the pre-made meals at Costco. We’ve tried a few that we like:

Stuffed Bell Peppers
Korean BBQ
Enchiladas


The bell peppers are the best I have ever had. I like that the InstanPot steams the pepper really well.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 09:10 PM   #5
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up
 
girl_dee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Livin’ the Dream
Posts: 24,079
Thanks: 30,560
Thanked 54,819 Times in 13,908 Posts
Rep Power: 21474874
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Also, I was tired of cleaning the bottom of the insert so I bought these, I reuse them but clean up is SO much easier. It fits right inside of ours which is a 8qt. I put the peppers in here so everything stays in place. I also like the other meals cooked in this:



I put it on top of the little rack that came with the Instapot.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 10:31 PM   #6
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
...
Preferred Pronoun?:
...
 
MsTinkerbelly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 6,573
Thanks: 30,737
Thanked 22,895 Times in 5,017 Posts
Rep Power: 0
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Also, I was tired of cleaning the bottom of the insert so I bought these, I reuse them but clean up is SO much easier. It fits right inside of ours which is a 8qt. I put the peppers in here so everything stays in place. I also like the other meals cooked in this:



I put it on top of the little rack that came with the Instapot.
I used the pan you show there for my cake, but be sure you put the pan in the pot BEFORE you pour in the batter. I filled the pan and then tried to put it inside...no bueno, BIG mess. It wasn’t strong enough and kept wiggling and bending...everyone else probably already knows that, but I had a senior moment .
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 10:34 PM   #7
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
...
Preferred Pronoun?:
...
 
MsTinkerbelly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 6,573
Thanks: 30,737
Thanked 22,895 Times in 5,017 Posts
Rep Power: 0
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

My biggest success was last year’s Thanksgiving Turkey.

I stuffed it before cooking, and a 12lb bird took 30 minutes; leaving your oven free for all of the other goodies.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2018, 01:16 PM   #8
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up
 
girl_dee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Livin’ the Dream
Posts: 24,079
Thanks: 30,560
Thanked 54,819 Times in 13,908 Posts
Rep Power: 21474874
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
My biggest success was last year’s Thanksgiving Turkey.

I stuffed it before cooking, and a 12lb bird took 30 minutes; leaving your oven free for all of the other goodies.
Wow! That’s impressive! I thought of doing a whole chicken but I like it crispy.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:38 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018