Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
nycfem
Moderator

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached
 
nycfem's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,795
Thanks: 52,994
Thanked 21,394 Times in 5,101 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855
nycfem has disabled reputation
Default

Speaking of simple, I watched a youtube called "the low class vegan" that I liked a lot. It was vegan "recipes" you might be embarrassed to serve as a meal but which are actually quite good but involve minimal prep and two or three ingredients. I guess I trend in that direction...
__________________
*****

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2018, 10:59 PM   #2
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
...
Preferred Pronoun?:
...
 
MsTinkerbelly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 6,573
Thanks: 30,737
Thanked 22,895 Times in 5,017 Posts
Rep Power: 0
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

You all probably know about “Bitchin’” sauce, but I bought some for the first time this weekend from Costco.

It is vegan and made from Almonds, grape seed oil and almond milk, aminos, as well as super tasty seasonings. Original, curry and spicey hot flavors...good for dipping chips and veggies, add some to chickpea pasta, spread on a sammie, yumbolicious!

They were selling 3 tubs for around $9 in the refrigerated section.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
kittygrrl
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
witchy
Preferred Pronoun?:
'Je ne sais quoi'
Relationship Status:
Til you believe
 
kittygrrl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: waking dream
Posts: 10,238
Thanks: 21,808
Thanked 22,207 Times in 7,270 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Speaking of simple, I watched a youtube called "the low class vegan" that I liked a lot. It was vegan "recipes" you might be embarrassed to serve as a meal but which are actually quite good but involve minimal prep and two or three ingredients. I guess I trend in that direction...
this fried rice is quite good and hits the spot!

Shiitake Fried Rice
prep 5 mins- cook 15 mins- total 20 mins


yield 2 1/2 cups

Delicious vegan shiitake fried rice recipe.

Ingredients
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1/2 inch ginger, chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 onion, chopped + 1/2 c chopped green onion-save 1 Tbsp green onion for garnish]
1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms (fresh or dried)
1 tablespoon lite soy sauce + 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar + 1 tsp vegan oyster sauce
Salt + pepper + paprika, to taste
1 tsp. sesame oil (for finishing)
1/4 cup vegetable broth, optional (if you don't like a dry fried rice)
2 1/2 cups leftover cooked rice
Freshly chopped parsley or cilantro
Toasted sesame seeds
Sriracha or Tabasco
Instructions
For dried mushrooms, add the shrooms to a bowl and add 2 cups water. Let it sit for 20 minutes. Drain and slice into pieces. Set aside.
For fresh mushrooms, simply rinse and slice into pieces. Set aside.
Heat a pan over low-medium heat. Add canola oil.
Once it's hot, add ginger + garlic + onion. Stir and saute until the onions are translucent.
Add the sliced mushrooms. Stir and cook for 4-5 minutes over the same low-medium heat.
Add soy sauce, vinegar, vegan oyster sauce, salt, pepper, paprika, and vegetable broth (if using). Stir and cook for 2 minutes (4-5 minutes if you're using veggie broth).
Next, add the cooked rice and mix well.
Transfer to a serving bowl, dash of Tabasco, dash sesame oil, garnish with freshly chopped parsley/cilantro/green onion + toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Notes
*Addtional options for added flavor
Add 1/4 cup veggie broth(if you prefer) more moisture. You can use cooled cooked rice or leftover rice . Takes less then 20 minutes to prep & throw in pan. Serve with a tropical fruit compote. Nice, hot or cold. Serves 2

[adapted from One Green Planet]
__________________
'People can't survive on bread alone' Blood of My Blood
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #4
Chancie
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.
 
Chancie's Avatar
 
1 Highscore

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Western Mass
Posts: 3,774
Thanks: 9,518
Thanked 14,539 Times in 2,744 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Default

So the beans were extremely easy and delicious. I soaked about a pound of dried pinto beans overnight, rinsed them in the morning, and covered them with 7.5 cups of water in the crockpot. I have a very basic crockpot so I put them on low, but they weren’t getting soft enough, so I put them on high. I never add salt when I make beans because it’s supposed to make them tough. I did add cumin and chili powder.

I seriously think I’ve never cooked them enough before.

I’m sure there are thousands of recipes online, but this is something I just did, and it legit was super easy. I cook a lot and I’m not especially stingy with myself but if I have to buy too many special ingredients that I can’t imagine using again any time soon, I just don’t bother.

For breakfast I had rice, nice soft pinto beans, eggs, a small avocado, and corn salsa.

ETA The beans took all day to cook but you don’t have to do anything to them while they cook.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
kittygrrl
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
witchy
Preferred Pronoun?:
'Je ne sais quoi'
Relationship Status:
Til you believe
 
kittygrrl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: waking dream
Posts: 10,238
Thanks: 21,808
Thanked 22,207 Times in 7,270 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

its a brunch kinda thing-
Pancakes
1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg (freshly ground)
Mix toget in bowL
***
1 1/2 cups plant milk (You may need a little less or a more depending on how you like your pancake batter)
1/2 c pumpkin puree
*2 Tbsp. agave syrup (*optional)
Juice of one lemon
1/2 cup applesauce
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxmeal, 5 tbsp water)
Mix together til combined.

Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture. Mix til just combined. Do not overmix! Let batter sit for 10 minutes while you heat griddle. Put a bit of coconut oil into pan. Cook pancakes til bubbles appear all over pancake. Flip. Keep warm in oven til all done. Serve with coconut yogurt/vegan butter. Top with maple syrup and pumpkin seeds. If any left freeze between wax paper. Toast or warm in oven. Amazing.

[adapted from So you're dating a vegan]
__________________
'People can't survive on bread alone' Blood of My Blood
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
kittygrrl
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
witchy
Preferred Pronoun?:
'Je ne sais quoi'
Relationship Status:
Til you believe
 
kittygrrl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: waking dream
Posts: 10,238
Thanks: 21,808
Thanked 22,207 Times in 7,270 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

haven't tried out this one yet, but it sounds great!
CASHEW FRIED RICE [by Chef Vicki-Recipe Rehab]

1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 small white onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 tablespoons vegan oyster sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder (Season to your taste)
4 cups brown rice (I'm using brown Jasmine)
3/4 cup toasted unsalted cashews
2 to 4 tablespoons lite soy sauce (Season to taste)
3-4 scallions, chopped
½ cup Thai basil leaves
2 teaspoons black sesame seeds (for garnish)
Start by dicing 1 onion and 1 red pepper.

In a large non-stick pan on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Once the oil is melted and the pan is hot, add 1 diced onion, and 1 diced red pepper. Cook the onion and red pepper until softened, about 5-6 minutes. Add 1 cup thawed frozen peas, and 2 tablespoons vegan oyster sauce to the pan, and sauté for 1-2 more minutes until all of the veggies are coated and the peas are heated through. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and reserve.

In the same pan on medium heat, add sesame oil and turmeric powder to the pan. Next, add the cooked brown rice, and sauté it in the oil and spice for a few minutes, or until just warmed through. Add ¾ of a cup of toasted unsalted cashews, and 4 tablespoons of the liquid amino acids, and stir until the rice and nuts are thoroughly coated with the amino acids for 1 minute or so.

Add the reserved veggie mixture to the rice mixture. Mix both together until everything is well incorporated and heated through, about 1 more minute.

Turn off the heat. Top with 3 chopped scallions, ½ cup of Thai basil leaves, and 2 teaspoons of black sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!

Note: I did jig the recipe a bit to my taste. Some of the seasoning was pretty intense.
__________________
'People can't survive on bread alone' Blood of My Blood
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #7
Kätzchen
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Attached to my wonderful partner <3
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Standing tall beside my sweetie (partner)
Posts: 16,559
Thanks: 29,211
Thanked 33,782 Times in 10,851 Posts
Rep Power: 21474869
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I discovered an new non-dairy, sugar free creamer to use, recently.

It's made by Califia Farms and it's half coconut milk and almond milk.

I use it in an cup of hot cocoa, or with an cup of decaf coffee, or over oatmeal, or use it in my Burt's Bees Protein shake mix (vanilla).

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #8
tantalizingfemme
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Me
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: *
Posts: 4,184
Thanks: 3,957
Thanked 3,983 Times in 822 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I discovered an new non-dairy, sugar free creamer to use, recently.

It's made by Califia Farms and it's half coconut milk and almond milk.

I use it in an cup of hot cocoa, or with an cup of decaf coffee, or over oatmeal, or use it in my Burt's Bees Protein shake mix (vanilla).

How funny, I was looking at this on Amazon today. I like flavored creamer and I could only buy 6 at a time and I don't want to get that many to start. My issue is I like my vegan creamer to be on the thicker side and what I have found has not been that. I did find a recipe for vegan hazelnut creamer that promises to be thick so I am going to try making it this week. I use mostly whole foods and consume little pre-made/processed foods so this recipe will be perfect if it comes out good. But, if it doesn't, I may get this. I wish they sold it locally so I could buy just one to try it out. I miss good creamer.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2018, 07:18 PM   #9
nycfem
Moderator

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached
 
nycfem's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,795
Thanks: 52,994
Thanked 21,394 Times in 5,101 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855
nycfem has disabled reputation
Default

I had a good vegan dinner tonight that was easy to make. It's one I make a lot.

Appetizer: black rice crackers layered in the following order with "Go Veggie" vegan cream cheese substitute, garlic and chive flavor; cucumber; paprika; apple.

Main dish: wok stir-fried carrots, onions, tofu, 1 tsp soy sauce, curry, and 1 tbs natural peanut-butter

What are your easy to make, staple dishes and snacks that you have often?

Another one of mine that I've been having all the time is vegan paleo bread (bought frozen and then toasted from the health food store), pineapple-tumeric hummus (from health food store), toasted walnuts, and arugala. I have it with kale chips if I want something crunchy on the side. It's a meal I sometimes have at work.
__________________
*****

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2018, 07:33 PM   #10
Kätzchen
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Attached to my wonderful partner <3
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Standing tall beside my sweetie (partner)
Posts: 16,559
Thanks: 29,211
Thanked 33,782 Times in 10,851 Posts
Rep Power: 21474869
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default

The pineapple-turmeric hummus sounds really good, but I've never seen it at any store I shop at. As far as easy to fix, things to eat, I keep lots of veggies on hand (cauliflower, celery, carrot chips or sticks, broccoli buds, etc) and pair them with hummus, which has pine nuts and Mediterranean seasonings. I also like freshly ground almonds and peanuts and Tahini paste (ground sesame seed paste) on rice crackers or beet crackers or blue corn chip type crackers. I think the easiest thing for me is making homemade vegetable soups. I've been having more soup lately, as an main meal.

During warmer months, I live on garden salads.

I never got the chance to make the pumpkin crema tarts, but I recently baked a few butternut squash and chilled the sections, so I could cube it and have it on a bed of salad greens. I'm missing fresh berries, right now. My favorite on-the-go snack is organic seeded crackers, slathered with freshly ground peanut or almond butter, and then stack fresh raspberries on top. Delicious treat, almost anytime of the day or night.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:45 AM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018