![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
*** Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,999
Thanks: 13,409
Thanked 18,276 Times in 4,164 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Sanders voted against the 1994 crime bill as a compromise. He and others liberals traded their votes for the Violence Against Women Act and a ten year ban on assault rifles, which were included in it. He fully understood the implications of the bill and before and after voted against others like it. He's a politician. He has made deals.
And it was around the crime bill that Hillary herself introduced use of the term super-predator, based on discredited research, a term used as a weapon against African American youth. She did that to pander to racist white centrists, something the Clintons specialized in. Bernie Sanders brought the subject of economic inequality into the public discourse when nobody would even use the word. It's an amazing gift, a huge accomplishment in and of itself. He has real integrity and has been consistently pro- worker. There is no one like him in the Senate. No one with his years of experience who has fought for working people. As far as I am concerned, he is a saint, the nearest thing we have in American politics anyway. I will add that Gillibrand has received an A rating from the NRA, and Bernie has never gotten above a C-. His last pro-gun vote was 2009. So.
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Timed Out - TOS Drama
How Do You Identify?:
... Preferred Pronoun?:
... Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 6,573
Thanks: 30,737
Thanked 22,895 Times in 5,017 Posts
Rep Power: 0 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Bernie voted FOR the Crime Bill. Hillary was raked over the coals for the Crime Bill by BERNIE when she wasn’t even in Congress!! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
*** Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,999
Thanks: 13,409
Thanked 18,276 Times in 4,164 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I heard you. But I think you missed my point. She lobbied hard for the bill. She worked to get it passed and in doing so introduced a racist concept into the political discourse. She did worse than vote for it.
Bernie voted for it in order to get the Violence Against Women Act passed. It's in the record. He spoke about opposing the parts of the bill that resulted in mass incarceration.
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin |
|
|
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#4 | |
|
Timed Out - TOS Drama
How Do You Identify?:
... Preferred Pronoun?:
... Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 6,573
Thanks: 30,737
Thanked 22,895 Times in 5,017 Posts
Rep Power: 0 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
A saint he ain’t |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
*** Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,999
Thanks: 13,409
Thanked 18,276 Times in 4,164 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Obviously, that was not his finest hour. Nor is his history voting for gun laws. But if that's all you got, it's not much. He has been amazingly consistent. No politician in my lifetime has the record he has for voting in the interest of working people. If he's a political hack, there is not a single long-time member of Congress who is not.
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin |
|
|
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#6 | |
|
Timed Out - TOS Drama
How Do You Identify?:
... Preferred Pronoun?:
... Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 6,573
Thanks: 30,737
Thanked 22,895 Times in 5,017 Posts
Rep Power: 0 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
If i’m wrong Collette I apologize. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
*** Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,999
Thanks: 13,409
Thanked 18,276 Times in 4,164 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
You skimmed all there is. That's the same old pile of shit that Hillary's folk kept scooping up. The guy is decent. If you know no more about him than what you have posted, then calling him a hack and implying he's corrupt is irresponsible.
There is no comparison between the two. Clinton is truly corrupt on a dozen levels. Bernie has lived a life of service with true integrity. Truly, people other than progressives acknowledge both facts. There's no comparison.
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin |
|
|
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#8 |
|
Timed Out - TOS Drama
How Do You Identify?:
... Preferred Pronoun?:
... Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 6,573
Thanks: 30,737
Thanked 22,895 Times in 5,017 Posts
Rep Power: 0 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
What it means is...when I give an example of something Bernie did, I get “but Hilary!” I didn’t want Hilary Clinton for President...nor did I want Bernie. I voted for Hilary because she was the candidate, and I thought she could win. To be fair to her, she did win the popular vote...but that and $5 will get you coffee at Starbucks.
I didn’t create this thread, but it would be nice if we could all discuss the candidates without painting any of them as Jesus incarnate, and taking a real look at a candidate that has a chance of beating Trump. To ME, Bernie STILL isn’t that person. |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
*** Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,999
Thanks: 13,409
Thanked 18,276 Times in 4,164 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
You introduced the contrast saying she wasn't even in Congress. Well she did way more harm than any single vote.
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
*** Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,999
Thanks: 13,409
Thanked 18,276 Times in 4,164 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Re the thread, I brought in that quote about Clinton to point out the fact that none of the current candidates inspires that kind of reaction and based on the numbers presented, it was kind of encouraging. It was all about the current election until Collette called people who disliked Clinton names and took us down this rabbit hole. She asked why Clinton was disliked and here we are.
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| 2020, election |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|