Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
...
Preferred Pronoun?:
...
 
MsTinkerbelly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 6,573
Thanks: 30,737
Thanked 22,895 Times in 5,017 Posts
Rep Power: 0
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
There has been a two-week Mayor Pete honeymoon but i predict it stalls starting either today or tomorrow, based on comments to his social media.

The progressives don't like his immigration, foreign policy, and NatSec/Manning/Snowden stances and the Hillary voters are starting to complain about sexism in his media coverage vs Warren's.

Warren is not going to make it because her hair color is too close to Hillary's. I am serious.
I cannot stand to hear Warren speak, and that other blonde woman running (can’t even remember her name), needs get some confidence and speak up! Do you suppose I (we) are so used to male politicians, that we hear a female voice and we want to slap someone? Hilary’s voice was like nails on a chalk board...but, I “hear” Kamala and Amy without cringing, soooooooooo?

Why is it that hair color/style and voices matter so much when they belong to a woman? Are we conditioned to expect women to be “pretty” and in their “place”? Am I considered a sexist pig, or am I conditioned by society to see things in a slant toward men?
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #2
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH
 
dark_crystal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 5,445
Thanks: 1,532
Thanked 26,548 Times in 4,687 Posts
Rep Power: 21474857
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I cannot stand to hear Warren speak, and that other blonde woman running (can’t even remember her name), needs get some confidence and speak up! Do you suppose I (we) are so used to male politicians, that we hear a female voice and we want to slap someone? Hilary’s voice was like nails on a chalk board...but, I “hear” Kamala and Amy without cringing, soooooooooo?

Why is it that hair color/style and voices matter so much when they belong to a woman? Are we conditioned to expect women to be “pretty” and in their “place”? Am I considered a sexist pig, or am I conditioned by society to see things in a slant toward men?
For me, the issue with Warren and Clinton is that i associate them with second-wave feminism, and i associate the second wave with a lot of negative stuff. The second wave sidelined lesbians and second-wave lesbians sidelined butch-femme.

PLUS i just feel like they all want us to be Diane Keaton from the Baby Boom, pre-baby.
__________________
dark_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dark_crystal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 02:41 PM   #3
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.
 
C0LLETTE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,501
Thanks: 16,676
Thanked 15,162 Times in 4,337 Posts
Rep Power: 21474861
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Forgive me but could someone post a chart showing a different "Generation" title for every 2 years from 1945 to 2019. Would be most helpful .

And please don't forget to differentiate "early" and "late" within those 2 year slots.

Oh, and don't forget to mention to which Continent, Hemisphere, Country, State, Province. Time Zone you are attaching your heady analysis.

Don't know about you but I could have been a full-fledged "hippie"if only I hadn't let the fear of not finding a parking spot prevented me from going to Woodstock. That's how we "late" Baby Boomers roll.
__________________
______________________________
______________________________
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 03:07 PM   #4
Martina
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
***
 
Martina's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,999
Thanks: 13,409
Thanked 18,276 Times in 4,164 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I def want a candidate who will beat Trump on the way to changing the world. I think inequality and climate change are so extremely impinging on quality of life around the world that we can't keep waiting.

BUT, any Dem who can beat Trump will do. I am worn out and just can't take another four years of Trump.
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #5
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In A Healing Place
Posts: 5,371
Thanks: 18,160
Thanked 22,634 Times in 4,461 Posts
Rep Power: 21474857
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I haven't closely scrutinized the candidates but I do like Kamala Harris the best. However, I'm not sure this pathetic country will elect a woman or a person of color as president right now, let alone someone who is both. It would be nice if I were wrong.

I like Elizabeth Warren a lot but don't think she can get elected as president - again I would love to be wrong.

I can't stand Sanders and don't think he has any chance against Trump. If he switches over to being a Democrat just to run for president like he did last time (and then switched right back after he lost) and he won the "Democratic" nomination - yes, of course, I would vote for him. I would much rather have Harris or Warren. Warren is every bit as progressive as Sanders is but actually gets things done, can work with people, actually belongs to the Democratic party, and is way more consistent. It's not as if I don't like progressives.

I do have a friend who follows politics closely who thinks Joe Biden would have the best chance to beat Trump - white male with at least some blue color "cred" who can be sarcastic and up in the face of Trump and openly mock and laugh at him. She could very well be right.

Beto and the mayor are totally meh to me, but who knows. I want someone with more experience than that.

I don't know who has the best chance to beat Trump - another white male, battle of the testosterone - aka Biden - or someone completely different than Trump who maybe would throw him off - Kamala Harris? Something totally different than those two things?

I think America is in an ugly and cynical place and some sort of inspiring message of Hope and Change or the Bernie thing is not going to fly this time around. Then again, could be I'm the one that's a lot more cynical than the overall country. I don't want soaring inspirational messages or someone promising me things that are totally implausible. I want a responsible adult with experience who is actually capable of doing the job. But yes, most of all, beat Trump. Whoever that has to be.

Hopefully, enough people on the left-hand side will be inspired enough to at least go vote. Who knows what the next year and a half will bring.
__________________
Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 07:26 PM   #6
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In A Healing Place
Posts: 5,371
Thanks: 18,160
Thanked 22,634 Times in 4,461 Posts
Rep Power: 21474857
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I do have a friend who follows politics closely who thinks Joe Biden would have the best chance to beat Trump - white male with at least some blue color "cred" who can be sarcastic and up in the face of Trump and openly mock and laugh at him. She could very well be right
Sorry too late to edit. I mean blue collar - not color, lol. Although, go blue!
__________________
Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2019, 08:20 PM   #7
Kätzchen
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Attached to my wonderful partner <3
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: In a gated community.
Posts: 16,549
Thanks: 29,187
Thanked 33,781 Times in 10,850 Posts
Rep Power: 21474869
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default

What's on my mind tonight is that it's imperative for American's to dig in for a big fight to regain control of our government again. I just completed two VERY different types of intrusive Census Bureau forms (one online, one in paper form), and it's never been more obvious to me that we need to OCCUPY the living sh*t out of the fascist dictator-wanna-be's in charge of our government. I'm downright angry tonight that the census form in no way shape or form is designed to help allocate funding for social programs or for voting issues or anything useful it was formerly designed to do.

I've got time on my hands and I can see no better way to spend it that to join the ranks of other American's who won't put up with that lying POS in the WH or with the other's that person has appointed to destroy American democracy.

And, that's exactly what I think they are doing: Destroying our country and destroying every single landmark case on the books, so they can take over the country and run it into the ground.

I won't stand by and watch it go down like that.

I'm going to sink my energy into recovering our country and the democratic values that is supposed to support every person in our country, regardless of orientation, color, religious beliefs, etc. I am going to make it count, just like those before us who stood up and did something about it.
__________________
“Wild flowers don’t care where they grow,”
— Dolly Parton



“We badly need to raise our boys more like girls,”
— Gloria Steinem.

🌷🌷🌷🌷 🌷🌷🌷🌷
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:08 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018