Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)
 
4 Highscores

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atascadero, CA
Posts: 4,933
Thanks: 2,309
Thanked 7,108 Times in 2,327 Posts
Rep Power: 0
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Thanks Jen.

I think this conversation has been a great learning experience.

I know that *I* am learning a lot about how people with DA's and without approach this space.

I know that we are a great bunch of people, and it seems to me that the over all consensus is that we as humans want to be fair to everyone.

I think we have a patchwork "buddy system" already in place. By that I mean that those of us who interact with and are friends with each other keep an eye on each other. We look out for each other and let each other know when something we post might be "iffy".

If we keep doing that and all have an open mind, then we are all going to be in good shape I think.

I know that I always want to know when what I post and what is being heard is so disproportionate that my intent has been completely lost.

Not in a finger wagging way, but in a kind compassionate way.

That is something we should ALL do for each other, not just the DA'd people.

I know that we have amazing moderators here, who really work hard to be fair and equitable when dealing with people on a very personal and individual level.

We all have the obligation to each other to ensure that our community is safe. For everyone.

I do hope that anybody that needs help with any kind of DA issue will keep in mind that this site is dedicated to making it as inclusive for Differently abled members as it is to every other cross section of our community.

I am always available for assistance, questions or issues should anyone need help.

I know that The Planet goes out of it's way to be fair, even more so with our DA population. Please keep in mind that most of us are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself
 
Apocalipstic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,266
Thanks: 17,195
Thanked 11,358 Times in 2,838 Posts
Rep Power: 21474857
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Thanks Jen.

I think this conversation has been a great learning experience.

I know that *I* am learning a lot about how people with DA's and without approach this space.

I know that we are a great bunch of people, and it seems to me that the over all consensus is that we as humans want to be fair to everyone.

I think we have a patchwork "buddy system" already in place. By that I mean that those of us who interact with and are friends with each other keep an eye on each other. We look out for each other and let each other know when something we post might be "iffy".

If we keep doing that and all have an open mind, then we are all going to be in good shape I think.

I know that I always want to know when what I post and what is being heard is so disproportionate that my intent has been completely lost.

Not in a finger wagging way, but in a kind compassionate way.

That is something we should ALL do for each other, not just the DA'd people.

I know that we have amazing moderators here, who really work hard to be fair and equitable when dealing with people on a very personal and individual level.

We all have the obligation to each other to ensure that our community is safe. For everyone.

I do hope that anybody that needs help with any kind of DA issue will keep in mind that this site is dedicated to making it as inclusive for Differently abled members as it is to every other cross section of our community.

I am always available for assistance, questions or issues should anyone need help.

I know that The Planet goes out of it's way to be fair, even more so with our DA population. Please keep in mind that most of us are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes.
Thank You, the Mods and Owners for all you do! This is indeed a wonderful website.

I sincerely do not know what the answer is for those who can't take no for an answer, I wish I did. I think we do give passes for reasons of compassion and humanity and I am glad for that, but understand that at some point, tough decisions have to be made and it is heartening to see that these decisions are not made lightly.

I have learned so much here too, from all angles, and bottom line, no one should have to be afraid here.

You know, I haver never been a believer in the report button, it felt like telling on people or being Big Brotherish, but this thread has taught me that when we see something starting to go wrong through miscommunication, reporting is the right thing to do. Maybe then escalated angry situations can be avoided.

Thank you all for the thread and your interaction.

__________________
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself
 
Apocalipstic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,266
Thanks: 17,195
Thanked 11,358 Times in 2,838 Posts
Rep Power: 21474857
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Also, I want to apologize to anyone who felt like I was taking jabs at them, that was not my intent.

Snow, you should never have to feel afraid on BFP and when the TOS are violated, action does need to be taken. I hope you know if you ever need to call on me for help I am here. I can't kick ass like I used to, but I can help in other ways.

Mods, so sorry that I took your excellent writing skills for possibly being form letters.

SuperFemme, so sorry for making you think that I don't think you are capable of doing your job and for not thanking you often enough.

Report button, my apologies for not understanding how you can be used for good.

June, so sorry you had to come in here and semi moderate us.

Violaine.


xoxoxoxxo

Jen
__________________
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA & AZ I'm a Snowbird
Posts: 5,408
Thanks: 11,826
Thanked 10,827 Times in 3,199 Posts
Rep Power: 21474858
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Thanks Jen.

I think this conversation has been a great learning experience.

I know that *I* am learning a lot about how people with DA's and without approach this space.

I know that we are a great bunch of people, and it seems to me that the over all consensus is that we as humans want to be fair to everyone.

I think we have a patchwork "buddy system" already in place. By that I mean that those of us who interact with and are friends with each other keep an eye on each other. We look out for each other and let each other know when something we post might be "iffy".

If we keep doing that and all have an open mind, then we are all going to be in good shape I think.

I know that I always want to know when what I post and what is being heard is so disproportionate that my intent has been completely lost.

Not in a finger wagging way, but in a kind compassionate way.

That is something we should ALL do for each other, not just the DA'd people.

I know that we have amazing moderators here, who really work hard to be fair and equitable when dealing with people on a very personal and individual level.

We all have the obligation to each other to ensure that our community is safe. For everyone.

I do hope that anybody that needs help with any kind of DA issue will keep in mind that this site is dedicated to making it as inclusive for Differently abled members as it is to every other cross section of our community.

I am always available for assistance, questions or issues should anyone need help.

I know that The Planet goes out of it's way to be fair, even more so with our DA population. Please keep in mind that most of us are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes.


I so agree with your last statement. Even though, I know it is hard sometimes- we are quite a group of members- very diverse! And we each have our points of passion!

Something I have felt about the Planet since joining is that it does have a higher level of understanding and fairness for DA members. There is a sensitivity around this that I do see and feel. Sure, I have been taken to task and reprimanded, but, I do think this is a space in which fairness is practiced via the admin and mods. I don't recall (but it could have happened) seeing as much attention (and trying to understand) on the old site about communication in relationship to being DA. And DA in many different ways.

I have read quite a few posts by admin stating they are looking into things that they have been asked about in terms of the TOS. And they make changes accordingly if they find a need to. I'm sure that mods are involved in these processes, which is a positive thing.

This thread has been hard, but, also really helpful to me. I hope it is one that gets bumped from time to time with new information getting posted. I know that for me, dealing with chronic pain and mobility issues can lead to my just being impatient. If I have to take heavy duty pain meds for a period of time, I know I see the world differently. It is always good for me to be aware of this.

Last edited by AtLast; 07-15-2010 at 03:03 PM.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:28 AM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018