![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man Preferred Pronoun?:
He Relationship Status:
Husband Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 'nita land
Posts: 272
Thanks: 385
Thanked 443 Times in 149 Posts
Rep Power: 3641 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
I seriously think on one point someone made that most people have enough common sense to know that you have no hope of drawing your gun if you're already drawn upon. If I were armed and got caught with a gun in my face demanding my wallet, you best believe I'd hand my wallet over. No mention of nor movement toward my gun would I make, because I have no chance of prevailing. After the gun is out of my face, I can decide then what I'm going to do. And, you're so right, that predators more often than not are not acting alone. They have at least one and sometimes more compatriots in the near vicinity watching it all go down, ready to react if something goes wrong. If we can't rid our culture of predatory gun violence, and people continue to be allowed to arm themselves with handguns, they should absolutely have to go through extensive training and safety courses that involve multiple simulated encounters. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Infamous Member
How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy Preferred Pronoun?:
She Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In A Healing Place
Posts: 5,371
Thanks: 18,160
Thanked 22,634 Times in 4,461 Posts
Rep Power: 21474857 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Well it seems we mostly agree! I am just wondering under what scenarios you do think it's a good idea. I guess ordinary citizens who are put through the rigors to really prove they know what they are doing? I am honestly not sure how this helps us overall, perhaps a lucky few who are willing to really hone their skills? Even then the gun will almost always be pulled on them first and there is a good chance they will be outnumbered. I am honestly not seeing many scenarios where a citizen being armed (even those who really know what they are doing and are ultra responsible) is going to actually help.
__________________
Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other. - Rainer Maria Rilke |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man Preferred Pronoun?:
He Relationship Status:
Husband Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 'nita land
Posts: 272
Thanks: 385
Thanked 443 Times in 149 Posts
Rep Power: 3641 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stearns For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#4 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
A mixity Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever Relationship Status:
chillin Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: in a really really cute little place
Posts: 2,144
Thanks: 2,442
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,219 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
So, of course it becomes apparent that the situation matters a great deal.
NYC is so jam packed with tense people hardly anybody gets to carry and there's mandatory jail time for a crime with an unpermitted handgun. And out in the countryside it's a very different story. And in Hawaii, who needs a gun?? I've been thinking about this in terms of handguns in glove compartments of vehicles. |
|
|
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#5 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
Butch Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle ![]() Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,811
Thanks: 3,051
Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Just because someone has a permit to carry a concealed weapon, does not mean thay have a "get out of jail free" card. You can't just shoot someone for stealing, or trespassing. Your life has to be endanger.
__________________
Let There Be Cowgirls |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Family Man
How Do You Identify?:
TG Male Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones Relationship Status:
She just gets me Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: .....
Posts: 2,828
Thanks: 2,997
Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
As a Law enforcement officer and a supervisor I know very well the responsiblity that comes with having my weapon on me on or off duty. I tae it very seriously and yes there are some cops that are Abusing the responsinblity they are trusted with there are bad in all professions and to be honest you will hear more of the bad apples then the good ones. No I have not drawen my weapon and my father who is a retired cop once told me there are many that have never had to draw thier weapon. I do remember well the feeling I had having that weapon pointed at me even if it was only in training and I knew it was clear and safe I was chilled. I just would ask that you not judge us all in law enforcement by those who DISGRACE the uniform and the oath we take.. It my sound simplistc but I became a cop to make a diffrence and my carrying a firearm and knowing full well how to use it is part of that duty I wish it was not how it had to be but..I am glad to see all sides of this issue well spoken and that we all can respect each others opnions
__________________
This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skillFifteen percent concentrated power of will Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain And a hundred percent reason to remember the name! Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it. ![]() |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|