![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
|
Timed Out - TOS Drama
How Do You Identify?:
... Preferred Pronoun?:
... Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 6,573
Thanks: 30,737
Thanked 22,895 Times in 5,017 Posts
Rep Power: 0 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
The one thing that comes to mind is your protein level....are you getting enough protein? Protein gives me a much more even blood sugar level, and will help keep me from the early morning dips I often have. I wake up sweating, shaking, and delusional....usually I am around 40-50 at that point, and require assistance from my spouse. I have noticed a lot more dips since becoming vegetarian, and have had to really concentrate on uping the protein. Even in the afternoon I now get dips...but like I said since I am awake I notice them a little sooner. Good luck with finding a solution
|
|
|
|
|
| The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#2 | |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
---- Preferred Pronoun?:
---- Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: -----
Posts: 1,143
Thanks: 2,417
Thanked 2,216 Times in 771 Posts
Rep Power: 17690477 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
LOL Well MsTinkerbelly, this isn't my first rodeo but what it is is annoying and very tiring. You may have hit upon the answer: Protein.
The way I was advised to manage this is with 4 meals a day that are equal in protein and carbs. The problem is I am way more into carbs. Perhaps I just need to increase that a lot? Having the low blood sugar in the morning would really be difficult. I'm sorry that you have to have some mornings like that. Thank you for the good wishes and best wishes for your levels too! Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#3 | |
|
Infamous Member
How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad Preferred Pronoun?:
she Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain. ![]() Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southeast corner
Posts: 5,633
Thanks: 24,417
Thanked 25,403 Times in 4,660 Posts
Rep Power: 21474858 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
I wonder if you're eating mostly simple carbs instead of complex carbs... I know that when I eat simple carbs (white bread, potato without the skin, white rice), then my blood sugar spikes high for a bit and then bottoms right out. The complex carbs (also called low glycemic carbs) digest more slowly and steadily and don't give me the spike and bottoming out effect. It's a bit of a pain to follow the glycemic index, but I can feel a big difference when I do. Like many of you, I struggle with fatigue when I'm not managing my numbers well....and by 7 pm I'm almost nodding off on the couch. Wryly, I had to chuckle...I seem to be better at exercising more when I'm busy then when I'm not, too. Weird how that works. If your sister can't walk well right now, can you get access to a swimming pool? I found that walking in a pool is actually even better than walking on land in some ways...takes the weight off the joints and feet, and makes you work against the resistance of the water, too. Hugs to all of you...and I hope your test results come back with good news Lips.
__________________
I'm not tall enough to ride emotional roller coasters ![]() |
|
|
|
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to JustJo For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#4 | |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
femme Preferred Pronoun?:
She Relationship Status:
coupled Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,028
Thanks: 201
Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
Rep Power: 1494762 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Timed Out
How Do You Identify?:
Male Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him Relationship Status:
Widow Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Permanently Banned 11/15/2011
Posts: 1,223
Thanks: 2,618
Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
Rep Power: 0 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I am Type 2 on the lower end of the spectrum. It also runs in my family.
To the ones on insulin, have your Dr's ever thought about trying you in Byetta? I was diagnosed during a surgery pre-op, was thrown on insulin to control it thru surgery then after surgery he put me on Byetta which controlled it fine and then we dropped to pills. My brother is a raging diabetic, was on insulin for several years and his sugar still bounced, I told him about Byetta, his Dr was willing to try it and now his sugar is well under control. Sometimes taking insulin isn't the answer I've found out. You can find out info on Byetta at this link. www.byetta.com There is also an excellent website out now with all sorts of helpful info as well as recipes and what foods will trigger your sugar to rise etc. www.dlife.com Also someone mentioned calorie king which is a little book you can carry with you which lists the carb content of foods and fast food restaurants. You can pick up the book at most bookstores or you can access the info online or purchase the book online at this link. www.calorieking.com |
|
|
|
| The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#6 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl Relationship Status:
negative Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,811
Thanks: 9,239
Thanked 3,125 Times in 1,270 Posts
Rep Power: 1969287 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
For the insulin takers, has anyone heard about the i-port? i found this while surfing a few days ago.
http://www.i-port.com/ It's an alternative to a pump. i'm going to ask my dr about it at my next appointment, i'd really like to try it. The thought of one stick every 3 days vs 2-3/day sounds great to me!
__________________
|
|
|
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to ravfem For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#7 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
femme Preferred Pronoun?:
She Relationship Status:
coupled Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,028
Thanks: 201
Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
Rep Power: 1494762 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Well it turns out that I'm pre-diabetic so I have to watch my carb intake!! I have been checking with a glucose meter and they have been in the 100's every morning so that is good I think.
hope you all are taking good care of yourself and on the mend. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|