Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

View Poll Results: How do you feel about backscatter xrays?
They are great! Whatever it takes to keep us safe. 14 14.89%
They are horrific! I would rather risk being blown up. 20 21.28%
Eh, necessary evil 45 47.87%
Other (see below) 15 15.96%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
Gina
Junior Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady, Her, she...etc..
Relationship Status:
Single
 
Gina's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over The Rainbow in Kansas
Posts: 85
Thanks: 378
Thanked 155 Times in 44 Posts
Rep Power: 2225695
Gina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2 cents worth..

I am thinking that I would rather be scanned/searched rather than having the guy/woman behind me get through with a bomb taped to their balls/vagina..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
Andrea
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene
 
Andrea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,755
Thanks: 15,427
Thanked 14,917 Times in 3,020 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I am thinking that I would rather be scanned/searched rather than having the guy/woman behind me get through with a bomb taped to their balls/vagina..
Are you aware no terrorist has been caught as a result of the scans/searches and it has been admitted they probably would not have caught the underwear bomber using the scans/searches?

Andrea
__________________
I am very spoiled!

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
Nat
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
bigender (DID System)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him or alter-specific
Relationship Status:
Unavailable
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central TX
Posts: 3,538
Thanks: 11,051
Thanked 13,968 Times in 2,590 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I am thinking that I would rather be scanned/searched rather than having the guy/woman behind me get through with a bomb taped to their balls/vagina..
My girlfriend said recently she'd be happy to just take off all her clothes and do a body cavity check too if it meant she got to fly down here for a month. But then she said she would never want to fly with kids under the current conditions - would never want to subject kids to it.

My feeling is that just because some individuals are fine with being handled this way, that doesn't really mean it's okay. I feel entitled to a certain amount of sovereignty over my body and I see the policies as extremely violative and anxiety-triggering. How long before junior highs and high schools begin using similar methods?
__________________
I'm a fountain of blood. In the shape of a girl.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
Nat
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
bigender (DID System)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him or alter-specific
Relationship Status:
Unavailable
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central TX
Posts: 3,538
Thanks: 11,051
Thanked 13,968 Times in 2,590 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I am going to try to use another example here - maybe it will hold water.

It is a legal right in the u.s. to keep and bear arms.

I don't own a gun because I feel the personal risks of my owning a gun would outweigh the benefits of owning one.

However - just because I don't want a gun in my house, that wouldn't be a justifiable reason for me to advocate for repeal of the 2nd amendment.

Just because you personally would make the choice to be scanned or groped or both - that doesnt mean everybody else will or should be subjected to it.
__________________
I'm a fountain of blood. In the shape of a girl.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
Waldo
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wine Country, Oregon
Posts: 470
Thanks: 22
Thanked 792 Times in 238 Posts
Rep Power: 1006289
Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I am thinking that I would rather be scanned/searched rather than having the guy/woman behind me get through with a bomb taped to their balls/vagina..
And did you miss my link? Where it was exposed that people are somewhat regularly getting through security with guns, very visible, in their carry on bags?

It kills me that people still blindly accept this because they *think* it must help.
__________________
Perved lately? | My website | NEW: lez.org
Waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Waldo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
Waldo
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wine Country, Oregon
Posts: 470
Thanks: 22
Thanked 792 Times in 238 Posts
Rep Power: 1006289
Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation
Default

And here's another for you:

Airline pilot videotapes security flaws at SFO - http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/12/2...ecurity-flaws/
__________________
Perved lately? | My website | NEW: lez.org
Waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Waldo For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
airports, backscatter, privacy, xray

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:36 AM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018