![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Queer Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 475
Thanks: 396
Thanked 920 Times in 225 Posts
Rep Power: 8450335 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I fully admit that I am event driven. I love having the next event to look forward to. Not only does it help with motivation as far as weight loss it concerned. I find it also helps with those days I don't feel like going to work, or am bored of the daily grind, or just need to daydream about something. I love all the preparation & planning. I love shopping for outfits, I love the countdown, I love all of it. As soon as we get back from one trip or event, we start looking forward to the next. That is our mentally, our personality, whatever. It is who we are and I'm okay with that. I think that is what draws us to the nomad life in an RV. That could be part of the appeal for you & the missus as well.
__________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~Dr. Suess http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/q...star_green.gif |
|
|
|
| The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stacy For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#2 | |
|
Practically Lives Here
How Do You Identify?:
Femme Preferred Pronoun?:
dee Relationship Status:
Hitched up Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Livin’ the Dream
Posts: 24,079
Thanks: 30,560
Thanked 54,819 Times in 13,908 Posts
Rep Power: 21474874 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
| The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#3 |
|
Practically Lives Here
How Do You Identify?:
Femme Preferred Pronoun?:
dee Relationship Status:
Hitched up Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Livin’ the Dream
Posts: 24,079
Thanks: 30,560
Thanked 54,819 Times in 13,908 Posts
Rep Power: 21474874 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Water! Thanks for the reminder Ruff, I forget and don't drink but it always works better when I do!
|
|
|
|
| The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#4 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
stone butch Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am. Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along. Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 4,907
Thanks: 4,682
Thanked 14,933 Times in 3,938 Posts
Rep Power: 21474857 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Cajun Dee
I went to the book store and bought a book with a list of near every kinda food you can think of,it list the carb count of the foods as well as the fiber count.I got it at BAM,there are tons of books to chose from,I went thrue it and picked what I like.. made me a list to keep handy to chose from.Recently my doc said my diabetis is in check and test are normal.I get the veggies in the steam bag wich have two servings at 8 carbs each but I often eat the whole thing for a meal with a meat/fish or fowl on the side.Also I keep hard boilled eggs handy,celery with pimento cheese is good,I can keep going on but u get the idea.Im on 60to 80 carbs a day and still loseing weight. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Queer Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 475
Thanks: 396
Thanked 920 Times in 225 Posts
Rep Power: 8450335 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I am checking in from my hotel room.
![]() Day one of the training went well as far as my point count. I ended up being 8 points under my daily allowance, which isn't great considering that they say you should use all your points every day. At least I didn't go over which I'm very happy about. I even passed up a huge, amazing looking piece of cheesecake with chocolate & caramel drizzle at the dinner. That was tough and I fought with myself from the moment I got into the line until the moment I was standing in front of the cheesecake. I won a fun size candy bar later on while playing jeopardy and that was only 2 points, so I had that for my dessert instead. Now to get some exercise in, thankfully the hotel I'm staying at has an exercise room. Have a great day everyone & make good choices!
__________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~Dr. Suess http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/q...star_green.gif |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Mentally Delicious
How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme. Relationship Status:
Married to JD. Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,446
Thanks: 5,995
Thanked 42,673 Times in 7,831 Posts
Rep Power: 10000026 ![]() |
EEK!
Ok - I've been super off-track for the last 3 weeks and my joints are shrieking about it quite loudly! Haven't worked out in over 3 weeks and have been smoking, drinking alcohol, sodas, eating crap, etc. I have been avoiding the scales for the last several weeks because I knew I gained a little in Portland and haven't really been making a good effort since then. I decided this morning that I needed to face the scales. I weighed and was shocked to see that I am at 291, which is only 2 pounds up from my lightest weighin for the last 2 months. I am happy, don't get me wrong but I know that I missed out on 2 months of good weight loss and am determined to get back on track. I want to encourage the peeps who are avoiding the scale to jump on that sucker and get an idea of where you are with it. It can be scary, yes, but it is much better to know than to wonder. Today, my plan is: *drink water and not soda * cook a healthy lunch and dinner * plan some meals for the rest of the week * hit the elliptical or bike for at least 15 minutes. Baby steps back toward losing!
__________________
. . . |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Queer Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 475
Thanks: 396
Thanked 920 Times in 225 Posts
Rep Power: 8450335 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
WTG Medusa!
I'm proud of you for facing the scales. It is hard after being off track for awhile.
__________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~Dr. Suess http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/q...star_green.gif |
|
|
|
| The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stacy For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#8 | |
|
Infamous Member
How Do You Identify?:
Femme Preferred Pronoun?:
Me Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Volusia County, FL
Posts: 6,746
Thanks: 23,549
Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,317 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Next time when I go power walking around LR, I am going to find you and take you with me...
Congrats on your weight loss! Zimmeh Quote:
__________________
"A loving heart is the truest wisdom"-Chinua Achebe |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
Practically Lives Here
How Do You Identify?:
Femme Preferred Pronoun?:
dee Relationship Status:
Hitched up Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Livin’ the Dream
Posts: 24,079
Thanks: 30,560
Thanked 54,819 Times in 13,908 Posts
Rep Power: 21474874 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
The only way to lose weight on a low carb diet is to go into Ketosis, and the only way to test that is with ketostix, are you doing that? Tomorrow will be two weeks on induction, thank GOD and I can start having a little more, but this two week detox has felt great! I have energy and like I said I feel more toned already, and all I do is farm work for exercise. Being a diabetic your diet is crucial so be very careful with it! You can also look up Atkins food list and there are lots of things you can have, like I add a slice of cream cheese here and there, went out to eat with the fam last night, ordered a wonderful juicy burger with cheese (no bun please) and a salad, I was so stuffed I could not finish it. The BEST part? Everyone was having warm fresh garlic bread and butter, I had no desire for it in the least. I also *visualize* things I can't have as something disgusting. |
|
|
|
|
| The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#10 |
|
Practically Lives Here
How Do You Identify?:
Femme Preferred Pronoun?:
dee Relationship Status:
Hitched up Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Livin’ the Dream
Posts: 24,079
Thanks: 30,560
Thanked 54,819 Times in 13,908 Posts
Rep Power: 21474874 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Ok I am going to go out on a limb here and hope I don't offend anyone, I surely would never mean to do that.
Not sure if anyone wants this input if not please just skip over me! I am a hypnotherapist and a bodyworker by trade and deal with people with weight issues everyday, and this is one tool we use. Most of the people I see cannot exercise. When you see something you want, and you shouldn't have for whatever plan you are following, use visualization. See it as something else. Like I visualize this when I see something like chocolate cheesecake: ![]() which is actual fat, and think to myself *THAT is what the chocolate cheesecake is going to turn into after I eat it! * It's such a turn off that I chuckle at myself for ever feeling deprived about such things. And I also say to myself while the others are enjoying it *you poor thing, if you only knew what that is going to turn into after you eat it* Ok kinda lame but it works for me and others I work with. Kinda mind over matter when it comes to cravings. |
|
|
|
| The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#11 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Queer Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 475
Thanks: 396
Thanked 920 Times in 225 Posts
Rep Power: 8450335 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
That is similar to how I handled my cheesecake temptation yesterday. I just kept looking at it thinking about how many points it was, almost as if it had an invisible post it note on it saying, "25 points". It helped a lot. I love your visualization suggestion. All those little tricks can help pull me through a bad temptation moment.
__________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~Dr. Suess http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/q...star_green.gif |
|
|
|
| The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stacy For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#12 | |
|
Infamous Member
How Do You Identify?:
Femme Preferred Pronoun?:
Me Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Volusia County, FL
Posts: 6,746
Thanks: 23,549
Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,317 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
This is what my human nutrition professor told us..And it scares you to know that is what you are consuming...
Zimmeh Quote:
__________________
"A loving heart is the truest wisdom"-Chinua Achebe |
|
|
|
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#13 | |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
stone butch Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am. Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along. Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 4,907
Thanks: 4,682
Thanked 14,933 Times in 3,938 Posts
Rep Power: 21474857 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
I doubt im in ketosis or if I am its barely on the scale,for a while I was doing 40 carbs a day but my doc near had a fit..said I wasnt eating enough.On many days I can get by on way ess that I should be geting..im expected to have 148 carbs a day,no way can I do that and feel near human..it really foggs up my brain cells.I have a free food list and diet sodas are on it but I only have one or two a day then drink at least three 20oz bottles of water.I dont think im loseing weight fast enough but I am droping a fue pounds at the time.One thing I know for shure is that when I was up to age 40 could do very well on 20 carbs but now it dosent work to well cause it makes me feel really crapy with headache's a bit dizzy and off center...I think its an agae thing or me needing to watch sugar leveals cause of me being pre diabetic. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
|
Infamous Member
How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad Preferred Pronoun?:
she Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain. ![]() Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southeast corner
Posts: 5,633
Thanks: 24,417
Thanked 25,403 Times in 4,660 Posts
Rep Power: 21474858 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
![]() Yes, diabetics like us have to be careful. The eating plans and/or diets that work for non-diabetics can be dangerous for us. I've really cut down on carbs...eating the equivalent of 2 slices of whole wheat bread and 1 small potato or ear of corn a day, plus a couple servings of whole fruit (no juice). It's making me lose weight (slowly), but I couldn't cut it any lower and be safe. I've had several "low sugar" episodes that made me reach for a couple ounces of orange juice to get me back into a safe place. It's important to remember that ketosis is a natural process that occurs when you're burning fat for energy instead of carbs. However, ketones are toxic acids. Healthy people can handle that (mostly). In diabetics, too many ketones can throw you into diabetic ketoacidosis...which can lead to coma and death. Warning signs are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, "fruity" smelling breath and breathlessness. If you cut carbs dramatically, exercise hard and are diabetic....you can push yourself into this very dangerous situation. I vote for slow and steady...especially for us diabetics.
__________________
I'm not tall enough to ride emotional roller coasters ![]() |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|