Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
Chancie
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.
 
Chancie's Avatar
 
1 Highscore

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Western Mass
Posts: 3,774
Thanks: 9,518
Thanked 14,539 Times in 2,744 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Default

There is no way to know how the passenger intended to use those guns.

It stretches my credibility that someone planning a plane trip could be unaware of the rules regarding whether guns may be packed in carry on luggage.

In general, I find the business of the TSA suspect at best.

The issue is not whether overworked, probably undertrained staff are considerate or rude. Obviously there are polite friendly people and judge-y inconsiderate people everywhere.

For me the question is Does the TSA have the right to have intimate access to our private bodies, and whether that invasion of privacy does anything anyway.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Andrea
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene
 
Andrea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,755
Thanks: 15,427
Thanked 14,917 Times in 3,020 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
There is no way to know how the passenger intended to use those guns.

It stretches my credibility that someone planning a plane trip could be unaware of the rules regarding whether guns may be packed in carry on luggage.

In general, I find the business of the TSA suspect at best.

The issue is not whether overworked, probably undertrained staff are considerate or rude. Obviously there are polite friendly people and judge-y inconsiderate people everywhere.

For me the question is Does the TSA have the right to have intimate access to our private bodies, and whether that invasion of privacy does anything anyway.
Chancie:

Thank you for your comment. My guess is this was a cry for help in the way attempted suicide is. He had to have known he would be stopped from carrying guns on the plane but he attempted it anyway. We will probably never know his thinking but his resulting actions upon being discovered did not indicate (to me) ill intent.

I agree with you about the questionable rights to "have intimate access" to our bodies. I seldom mention how our constitutional rights are being violated because I don't believe those that feel 'anything for safety' care about that so I focus on the TSA really doesn't make us safer things.

Everyone:

Since I don't believe TSA is going away, I would love to be convinced that we are safer with TSA and DHS. That would make my travels much more comfortable. Please explain to me your views. Please help me see what you see.
__________________
I am very spoiled!

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
Andrea
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene
 
Andrea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,755
Thanks: 15,427
Thanked 14,917 Times in 3,020 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation
Default

TSA manager arrested at airport for operating his second job as a pimp.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/tsa-manager-arrested-for-running-prostitution-ring-032812#ixzz1qRISaevM
__________________
I am very spoiled!

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Andrea
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene
 
Andrea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,755
Thanks: 15,427
Thanked 14,917 Times in 3,020 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Just imagine the ramp service officer and/or TSA allowing a bomb through.

http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story.asp?StoryId={561bc07a-5da1-4fea-ac81-09e04b66417a}&src=MWHEAD
__________________
I am very spoiled!

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Andrea
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene
 
Andrea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,755
Thanks: 15,427
Thanked 14,917 Times in 3,020 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Janet Napolitano's response to why airports in other countries don't require you to take your shoes of:

"one is, first of all, not all airports in the world face the same threats we face. everything being done is because of constant continual attempts to try do something to the united states and its aviation system . that’s number one."

Full interview here: http://video.msnbc.msn.com/mitchell-reports/46906528#46906528

Do you believe terrorists are only after U.S. airports?
__________________
I am very spoiled!

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #6
Andrea
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene
 
Andrea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,755
Thanks: 15,427
Thanked 14,917 Times in 3,020 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Still more documentation the TSA is not adding to our safety.

__________________
I am very spoiled!

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
Andrea
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene
 
Andrea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,755
Thanks: 15,427
Thanked 14,917 Times in 3,020 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation
Default

This makes 12 child sex crimes in 16 months.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1061123719&srvc=rss
__________________
I am very spoiled!

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:38 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018