![]() |
|
|||||||
| Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here! |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
Klingon Preferred Pronoun?:
She Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Just South of Nashvegas Baby
Posts: 3,115
Thanks: 7,546
Thanked 7,476 Times in 1,808 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
gay. I'm very happy, thank you! Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss Relationship Status:
Chefhmboyrd's seeing eye blonde Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 253
Thanks: 412
Thanked 1,109 Times in 229 Posts
Rep Power: 6596930 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Oh yeah!
Check these out... http://www.tacticalcorsets.com/ I emailed them, it looks like they went big 2 years ago then no activity. And this is right up my alley... |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
MILLION $$$ PUSSY
How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms. Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ** La Reina del Sur**
Posts: 22,488
Thanks: 32,231
Thanked 80,079 Times in 15,669 Posts
Rep Power: 21474875 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Ms Marthas corsets are great! They have nice boning and her material ones are just as sturdy as the leather.
__________________
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Home
Posts: 353
Thanks: 3,486
Thanked 1,486 Times in 315 Posts
Rep Power: 16304881 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
With my background of costuming and what not, I preferred to study up on all things historical when it comes to corsets. Making a custom dressmakers form, of exactly what your/my body is gives me many options to play with. Just need one person to help make the mold and there are several ways to do just that. I think I saw a you tube of two grrrls making one with duck tape and a few odd items. Like making two turtle shells and then combining the two into the permanent form. I suppose we are limited only by our imaginations, as usual.
My body also changes a lot, so making it adjustable is something important to me. My mother had an adjustable dress makers form for a perfect size twelve, which could be tweaked here and there. I am not 36-24-36 like she was, but she wasn't always exactly that all the time either, change is inevitable. One of the coolest things about a corset is you can tighten up as necessary. Undergarments of the ancient times, a true passion of mine. History of clothing, how they made em and what not. My challenge in this next year is to make my own form, now that I am closing in on what I hope is my stable and healthy weight. This is a challenge I am up for and excited about. I am heading back to the theatre and SCA folks I know best and the costumers I know damned well. So a custom corset for me will be part of this fun new chapter of sewing fun. I always prefer custom, don't really cotton much to anything off the shelf much. One of the main reasons I hate shopping so damned much. Once you have custom anything, going back to store bought is hard. |
|
|
|
| The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Di For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#5 |
|
Infamous Member
How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 8,258
Thanks: 39,306
Thanked 40,444 Times in 7,285 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Bump this thread!
__________________
~Anya~ ![]() Democracy Dies in Darkness ~Washington Post "...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable." UN Human Rights commissioner |
|
|
|
| The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#6 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;) Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected. Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 2,204
Thanks: 6,892
Thanked 7,682 Times in 1,607 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Ms Martha makes wonderful corsets. It is my understanding that you can get fitted by her at con-type events. As such, if anything is close to your area, she may be there as well.
Sometimes you can get measured at a Ren Faire. There are almost corset makers there with tons of them for sale. Sometimes they are mass produced and sometimes they are not; if not the maker may be present and may be willing to do a custom order. I have never owned a custom corset; I cannot afford one and cannot justify the expense when I have things more demanding of my financial attention. But I do have two leather corsets that were presented to me by my training house. I also have three leather ones that I ordered but am very happy with. I picked them up for a song overseas and wish the company was still around.
__________________
There are beauties who stop traffic and then there are beauties who grow obsessively in the hearts of the susceptible. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Femme Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess Relationship Status:
Settled in Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 2,849
Thanked 5,329 Times in 1,045 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Our local annual 'Taboo Sex Show' and the Tattoo Show both have people who come out with samples and do fittings for custom made corsets. Check out some of the Shows/Conventions/Fairs etc.
__________________
Creativity is a drug I can't do without.-Cecil B. DeMille
|
|
|
|
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#8 |
|
Member
How Do You Identify?:
Femme Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: earth
Posts: 419
Thanks: 264
Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I absolutely LOVE this woman's work: http://www.wildehunt.com/
Her work is all completely custom, all leather, and start at $400 for an underbust and $600 for an overbust corset, which are actually very good prices for custom work. If you're on facebook, you can also get a regular corset fix from her at https://www.facebook.com/wilde.hunt.corsetry. |
|
|
|
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post: |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|