Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
Daktari
Guest

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
Yowza!....nice little lite reading, eh?
Not one for that's on the bedtime list that's for sure

MK is not a particularly riveting stand-alone read. If it I didn't *have* to read extracts for research then I wouldn't be reading it (again - I read it as a teenager just because I could! )
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
Julien
Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single
 
Julien's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama, Gulf Coast area
Posts: 1,007
Thanks: 2,247
Thanked 2,702 Times in 737 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Passionate Detachments: An Introduction to Feminist Film Theory by Sue Thornham. Just a re-reading for the nuances I may have forgotten from earlier reads.
__________________
Julien


“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy
 
39 Highscores

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hanging out in the Atlantic.
Posts: 9,234
Thanks: 9,840
Thanked 34,615 Times in 7,637 Posts
Rep Power: 21474861
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default


How To Teach Physics To Your Dog - Chad Orzel

One way or another, I will learn physics.
__________________




Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
Talon
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
.
 
Talon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: .
Posts: 4,921
Thanks: 16,246
Thanked 10,222 Times in 3,305 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Not one for that's on the bedtime list that's for sure

MK is not a particularly riveting stand-alone read. If it I didn't *have* to read extracts for research then I wouldn't be reading it (again - I read it as a teenager just because I could! )
What a rebel...*chuckle*


I needed something light-hearted and funny after the last book, so I'm reading "BABY LAUGHS" by Jenny McCarthy.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
Greco
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
 
Greco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In a good life.
Posts: 3,200
Thanks: 11,160
Thanked 6,616 Times in 2,285 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Books

"DAYS OF DESTRUCTION DAYS OF REVOLT"

by Chris Hedges and Joe Sacco

Just came out finally...real direct intelligent truthful


"HOME"

by Toni Morrison

skimming seems redemptive story looking
forward to this read as well


and after the intensity of the previous books
diving into tender poetry

"SWAN POEMS AND PROSE POEMS"

BY Mary Oliver her latest

Greco
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer
 
The JD's Avatar
 
2 Highscores

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: This must be the place.
Posts: 649
Thanks: 1,740
Thanked 2,671 Times in 540 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I'm reading the new book by Augusten Burroughs-- This Is How: Proven Aid in Overcoming Shyness, Molestation, Fatness, Spinsterhood, Grief, Disease, Lushery, Decrepitude & More. For Young and Old Alike.

I'm not sure how I like it yet. I expected a spoof on self-help books (even the title suggests this), with his usual biting insight on the dark and quirky side of human behavior (mostly his own). He does this, but more often, he seems to be offering real advice. It's like he doesn't know which direction to go. Still, the writing is good, and besides, you never know when advice on "how to be a good mental patient" might come in handy.
__________________
I don't deserve any credit for turning the other cheek as my tongue is always in it. ~Flannery O'Connor
The JD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The JD For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
ONLY
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
well my girl calls me honeybear, sugarbear, sexy beast, hot tamale.....
Preferred Pronoun?:
female pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married to my Rare Beauty with a Beautiful Soul.....SS
 
ONLY's Avatar
 
2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: eastern ontario, canada
Posts: 2,783
Thanks: 975
Thanked 1,737 Times in 679 Posts
Rep Power: 15139965
ONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Last night I started, "The Harlequin", the 15th book in the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton
I will be picking up "To The Nines" from the library this weekend, the 9th book in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.


The series are very different from each other but I have really gotten into them since SS has introduce them to me. Anita Blake series, I think it has been 2 years since I first started and Stephanie Plum series, this past Christmas. Thank you baby
__________________
"If you talk about it, it's a dream, if you envision it, it's possible, but if you schedule it, it's real. "

ONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ONLY For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
nycfem
Moderator

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached
 
nycfem's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,795
Thanks: 52,994
Thanked 21,394 Times in 5,101 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855
nycfem has disabled reputation
Default

Let me know what you think when you finish it. I was so torn about this book, as the reviews I read were similar to what you wrote. I am such an intense fan of Burroughs that I wanted to read it but it doesn't sound like his usual style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JD View Post
I'm reading the new book by Augusten Burroughs-- This Is How: Proven Aid in Overcoming Shyness, Molestation, Fatness, Spinsterhood, Grief, Disease, Lushery, Decrepitude & More. For Young and Old Alike.

I'm not sure how I like it yet. I expected a spoof on self-help books (even the title suggests this), with his usual biting insight on the dark and quirky side of human behavior (mostly his own). He does this, but more often, he seems to be offering real advice. It's like he doesn't know which direction to go. Still, the writing is good, and besides, you never know when advice on "how to be a good mental patient" might come in handy.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
books, reading

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:03 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018