Old 11-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #1
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,801 Times in 25,671 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I collect loose change and it goes into a giant glass pickle jar. When full, it goes to my bank and they ship it off to be counted and deposited into whatever account I want.

I have it set up with my bank so any debit from my account that is has change attached ($11.41 for example) would deposit the rounded up change into my savings (in that example, $.59 would go into my savings account).

I have a 401K.

I keep an eye on sales and try to get stuff that's a better deal.

We buy real food to make meals out of and try to limit the junk that's so easy to pick up on the road. That stuff adds up really quick!

Some of my furniture is a bit worse for wear and we're fixing it up instead of purchasing new.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I collect loose change and it goes into a giant glass pickle jar. When full, it goes to my bank and they ship it off to be counted and deposited into whatever account I want.

I have it set up with my bank so any debit from my account that is has change attached ($11.41 for example) would deposit the rounded up change into my savings (in that example, $.59 would go into my savings account).

I have a 401K.

I keep an eye on sales and try to get stuff that's a better deal.

We buy real food to make meals out of and try to limit the junk that's so easy to pick up on the road. That stuff adds up really quick!

Some of my furniture is a bit worse for wear and we're fixing it up instead of purchasing new.
We needed to replace our theatre seating and spent an entire weekend sitting in every chair we thought we might like! As always the ones we liked we could not justify the cost! One Sunday we were shopping at Big Lots and found a love seat on sale with an additional rewards member discount and walked out with a new leather loves seat for $253.00 bucks! We love it, it fits our needs and saved us big bucks! Red and I have learned not to buy on emotion and that has saved us a lot of money!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

I punch people and take their lunch money and keep it in a jar.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
Bčsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,725 Times in 10,267 Posts
Bčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, I have apps to all my fav stores, so I will always have a coupon.

Now, where do I go, what do I do, to save time?

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bčsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bčsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm View Post
Oh, I have apps to all my fav stores, so I will always have a coupon.

Now, where do I go, what do I do, to save time?

We save time by having everything thing we need monthly set up on Amazon. I have not shopped for any paper products in over a year. I make sure to check my subscribe and save items the week before the cut off. If any prices have raised to much then I switch the brand. I have only had to do this a couple of times. Amazon has always been spot on with my items and if anything has arrived damaged they replace it without having to return the damaged item at no charge. Now if I could get the drone delivery they showed on 60minutes that would be awesome. We also stock up on non perishable items which saves us time having to shop.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

Okie,

Quick derail: I read about the drone delivery! Is that absolutely crazy or what? I don't find it so surprising that the technology is possible; but that we are so close to it being implemented scrambles my brain. I guess the FAA is skeptical that they will be able to put the necessary controls on it in that amount of time, though. It will be very interesting to see! They are only going to be able to stem the tide of air traffic for so long, in my opinion; with the flying cars, motorcycles, etc. in the works.

Okay, sorry everyone! Just wanted to say that and we aren't allowed enough characters in rep comments to satisfy my big mouth on this issue, lol.

Carry on....

Last edited by Smiling; 12-02-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: lol, I can't even type the phrase "carry on" without reading it in a Tim Gunn voice. lol, I just love him.
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I was cleaning out the freezer and found I had let a few things stay in there to long,it wasn't much but was a waist of $ to put them in the garbage.So with that being said I now have a chart of what's where and how much,when I use something up I can check the chart and restock..hopefully no more stuff in the garbage.I also get thing in bulk if possable that are non perishable then put then in a air tight container.Another thing I have done is I have a large camp stove that runs on butain or charcole even wood chips if thats all I have,it even has a 21/2X21/2 oven on the side to bake with.We use to camp out a lot so I just put this equipment to contenued use in case the stove has a problem,it's a gas stove but the pilot light works with electricty so if the juice is out it wont light anything..a safety measure built in.
With old man winter having the possablity of being bad this year(we are due one) my son is putting a generator to kick in if the power goes out so we won't lose whats in the fridge or either freezer,replaceing the contents would cost a bundle.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,245 Times in 1,415 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I find if I plan meals for a week, then load the e-coupons and clip the paper ones for things I know I'll use, I can save much $ at the store.

Since I'm trying to be (ahem) smaller, I've been buying my "in-between" clothes at the Goodwill. I can get away with very basic, neutral colors. I buy for my two sons there, also. Just today I picked up a wooden magazine rack for the living room-$5. Most of my art is thrift store, then reframed if necessary.

I mostly watch for sales, if the store is very close. Too far, and it's not worth the time or gas. I have a Target, Kroger, Walgreen's, and a Kohl's all within 10 minutes. I try my darndest not to shop at the nearby Walmart, though.

Something I've noticed-yes, it's important to save, but I've been trying to get value when I do spend. For instance, the other day I was out and about all darn day and starving. Instead of going to McD's and feeling physically but not emotionally full, I took myself to my favorite deli place where I get a huge sandwich, chips, pickle, a drink, and dessert for the same money. I love it there, the people are nice, and I feel like I spent well. So that's my challenge for 2014; to save, yes, but not cheap myself out.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #9
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Custom Italian suits from Darya Trading, an importer in LA. I bought a lined, custom all weather black suit listed for 1500.00 for 99.00 with shipping. The fabric and craftsmanship are beautiful.

Italian sport jacket listed at 489.00 for 69.00. Lined and custom fit.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #10
sofimichi

How Do You Identify?:
Femmeinist
Preferred Pronoun?:
femenine ones, "hey you," etc.
Relationship Status:
Engaged!

sofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputation

*le suscribes to the thread*
sofimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sofimichi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #11
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I get a lot of catalogues, and I drop them straight into the recycle bin on my way to my apartment when I get home.

Quinoa in bulk is like the only great deal at Whole Foods. So I stock up every three or four months on it.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

One of the biggest ways I save money is by bringing my lunch to work. Usually it's either leftovers from the previous evening or a Lean Cuisine meal or something like that. I also bring my breakfast (a smoothie or yogurt and fruit) and my afternoon snack.

Just for example, when I eat at the cafeteria at work it looks like this:

Breakfast - Starbucks coffee, scrambled eggs, orange or banana = $5

Lunch - Usually something from the salad bar or the lunch of the day= $7

Afternoon snack - Fruit or something junky = $1

$13 a day multiplied by however many days I go in. I work at home a lot but there are times I go in to work 4 or 5 days.
Just going in 4 days multiplied by $13 - over $50.
Do that every week and it's easily over $200 a month.

Jack and I also try to curtail eating out. We got into a bad habit for a while of eating out 2 - 3 times a week and it was costing hundreds a month.

Just eat at home!! and SAVE!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #13
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Default Magazine Tips

[QUOTE=IslandScout;867214]I get a lot of catalogues, and I drop them straight into the recycle bin on my way to my apartment when I get home.QUOTE]

Here is a fun way to maybe use some of those magazines.

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/451...d-box/page/all