Old 12-20-2015, 10:38 AM   #301
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
...... who has read the ever so popular
"Stone Butch Blues "
yes ?? no ???
here is a link to download a free copy of the whole book.
Merry Christmas .

http://www.lesliefeinberg.net
Nice of you to link this!

RIP Leslie Feinberg

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2015, 11:15 AM   #302
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
"Stone Butch Blues "
yes ?? no ???
Merry Christmas .

It was easy to download, even on my old iPad.

I remember starting to read this to someone years ago, but I never got a chance to finish it.

Thank you for posting the link.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2015, 08:56 PM   #303
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Nice of you to link this!

RIP Leslie Feinberg

I am working on it right now actually!
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2015, 09:30 PM   #304
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
"Stone Butch Blues "
yes ?? no ???
Merry Christmas .

Thank you for this! It is just wonderful that it is free.

I never read it and always intended to get around to it.

Now I will.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:05 AM   #305
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
"Stone Butch Blues "
yes ?? no ???
Merry Christmas .

In case there is someone else that has never read the book. It is still free for download.

I am glad that I read it.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2016, 05:14 PM   #306
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Seems like a lifetime ago when I read it. It was like reading a foreign language. It didn't become more clear until many years later when I began exploring my butch side.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 08:54 AM   #307
StoicStone

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch..............
Preferred Pronoun?:
No preference...............
Relationship Status:
single...............

StoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST Reputation

I am an old stone butch. Back in the day, as they say, I was told by other stones in my area that stone meant the butch had no desire to be penetrated and the femme had no desire to penetrate anyone. There could be any varying degree of what boundary the butch or femme had as to touching the butch in any other way and they needed to state their boundaries to each other..but it was generally true that a stone butch did not want their junk touched at all..no touching below the waist. Some of us wanted no touching of any female part on our bodies. The butch usually looked a bit more masculine physically, i.e more narrow hips, masculine dress, but it was not always the case, and the femmes...well they just looked like str8 women pretty much.
The same was true for the mentality , with butches having a more masculine way of thinking, but not necessarily just like biological males, and femmes just, well, thinking like girls.
Everything seems to be a bit more fluid these days and I am no longer sure what exactly stone can be defined as, or even if sexuality can be defined and labeled at all. All I know is I have always identified as stone,and still qualify by the old definition easily, so stone I am lol

Last edited by StoicStone; 06-06-2017 at 08:55 AM. Reason: my typing sucks
StoicStone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to StoicStone For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 01:20 PM   #308
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

You're not kidding! Seems like... back in the day... titles / labels / whatever ... had pretty discrete definitions. Now... if you offer up a title / label / whatever it becomes a whole discussion. lol <-- not a bad thing but ya know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicStone View Post
Everything seems to be a bit more fluid these days and I am no longer sure what exactly stone can be defined as, or even if sexuality can be defined and labeled at all.
See now... back in my day (just meaning in my neck o' woods)... I only knew of stone butches. Only in the last couple of years have I learned about stone femmes! Who knew?! BUT ... in the case of a stone femme ... they can go either way (so to speak!) in that they may have no desire to penetrate OR have no desire to be penetrated!

Sexuality has definitely become UBER fluid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicStone View Post
...and the femme had no desire to penetrate anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 02:04 PM   #309
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,552 Times in 2,671 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Stone

I totally agree with Stoyc .

I read Stone Butch Blues and also met Leslie in Buffalo at one of her meets. My book is signed by her "In memory of Stonewall". She was a wonderful speaker and had quite a crowd. She is sorely missed by all that were touched by her words. RIP Leslie.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 05:21 PM   #310
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,765 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

See now... back in my day (just meaning in my neck o' woods)... I only knew of stone butches. Only in the last couple of years have I learned about stone femmes! Who knew?! BUT ... in the case of a stone femme ... they can go either way (so to speak!) in that they may have no desire to penetrate OR have no desire to be penetrated!

I was told that that was difference between a Stone Femme and a Stonefemme.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 05:37 PM   #311
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

For me stone means constant so relating fluid to stone doesn't resonate with me at all, but to each their own.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 06:07 PM   #312
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Wait... what??? So... "Touch me!" and "Don't touch me!" are separated by a wee lil space??? lol

Okay... so... if I meet I gal who's femme and stone ... I'll be sure to have her write it out.... so I'll know which one she means.

I'm not laughing in your direction Gemme! I'm just laughing us... humans... we're so complicated and funny! Particularly when it comes to sex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I was told that that was difference between a Stone Femme and a Stonefemme.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 06:09 PM   #313
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I think the distinction between Stone Femme and Stonefemme could be useful, but it doesn't seem to me that everyone uses them and/or distinguishes between them in the same way. I've seen both used by femmes who partner with stone butches.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 06:16 PM   #314
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Wait... what??? So... "Touch me!" and "Don't touch me!" are separated by a wee lil space??? lol

Okay... so... if I meet I gal who's femme and stone ... I'll be sure to have her write it out.... so I'll know which one she means.

I'm not laughing in your direction Gemme! I'm just laughing us... humans... we're so complicated and funny! Particularly when it comes to sex!
Are you kidding? You know what difference a COMMA makes? It's life changing!

Example:

Let's eat, Grandma!

or

Let's eat Grandma!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #315
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,120 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

I am a stone femme ~ I love penetration , I don't have a desire to penetrate my lover. Everyone is different. We all just have different desires.~
Old 06-07-2017, 02:11 AM   #316
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

You are so right!

My thought was ... it's two very different meanings with (essentially) the same name... when spoken. Which is why I said I'd have to have the gal write down her preference. Iol Written down... then I'd know if she was with a space or without a space femme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Are you kidding? You know what difference a COMMA makes? It's life changing!

Example:

Let's eat, Grandma!

or

Let's eat Grandma!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 06:05 AM   #317
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,485 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

I am a STONE DADDY and exit only please.lol love a Stone Femme who is all about penetrationbut recieving only.. communication is key.. likes dislikes hard limits.. that sort of thing..
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 07:58 AM   #318
StoicStone

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch..............
Preferred Pronoun?:
No preference...............
Relationship Status:
single...............

StoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST Reputation

Oh...well in my area in the old days we called a stone femme who didn't like to be penetrated a Diamond Femme, and a stone butch who liked to remain fully clothed at all times (strapped on outside of clothing) was a Granite Butch.

I neither the butch nor the femme wanted to penetrate/be penetrated, well, we just called them lesbians. That is no longer appropriate, I think, because their are just so many different aspects to how people identify and you can't really throw a single blanket term out there and have it truly mean anything to the younger generations.
I guess we were just woefully under informed about our sexuality and even the nature of it when I was young.
StoicStone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StoicStone For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 08:25 AM   #319
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

I think that these days, labels are a general "alert" ( probably the wrong word) as to what a person feels comfortable with, to narrow the dating pool down a tad.

The only way to really know, is to discuss. Even then, for some, it depends on the person and the situation.

By the time you are ready to have sex of any type, a clear and open discussion should have already been had.

I do training at my job (one of my hats) about HIV/AIDS and it still amazes me the number of people that tell me that they have sex first and ask the questions after or tell me "but he or she looked clean". I have straight men/straight women/transfolk/lesbians and gays; so it is everyone not always having those open and honest discussions.

By that point, uh oh.

Yes, there are many different sexual identities and desires for lesbians, too.

~Washington Post

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #320
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
You are so right!

My thought was ... it's two very different meanings with (essentially) the same name... when spoken. Which is why I said I'd have to have the gal write down her preference. Iol Written down... then I'd know if she was with a space or without a space femme.
Or you could just talk about it. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I think that these days, labels are a general "alert" ( probably the wrong word) as to what a person feels comfortable with, to narrow the dating pool down a tad.

The only way to really know, is to discuss. Even then, for some, it depends on the person and the situation.

By the time you are ready to have sex of any type, a clear and open discussion should have already been had.

I do training at my job (one of my hats) about HIV/AIDS and it still amazes me the number of people that tell me that they have sex first and ask the questions after or tell me "but he or she looked clean". I have straight men/straight women/transfolk/lesbians and gays; so it is everyone not always having those open and honest discussions.

By that point, uh oh.

Yes, there are many different sexual identities and desires for lesbians, too.
Yes! To all of this.

You have two cans of food. One has a label and one doesn't. The one without the label could be anything, good or bad or a combination of both, but at least you have an idea of what might be in the other can, even if the label is faded and worn or half torn off. You at least have a clue of what you might be in for.

I get what you are saying about an 'alert'. Labels give me a general idea of what someone's likes/dislikes/limits might be but without a good conversation filled with hard and honest questions, one will not know for sure.

Never make assumptions, though.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: