Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 09-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
Laerkin

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie with a touch of bossy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, but not hung up on the details
Relationship Status:
Parenting our furry family with SmoothButch

3 Highscores

Laerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST Reputation

This terrifies me on such a gut-wrenching level I now feel ill.

These women scare me and I really worry about the future of this country with these very Conservative and restrictive politics gaining attention. They are using women to sabotage women.

Ugh! Sick to my stomach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Laerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laerkin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laerkin View Post
This terrifies me on such a gut-wrenching level I now feel ill.

These women scare me and I really worry about the future of this country with these very Conservative and restrictive politics gaining attention. They are using women to sabotage women.

Ugh! Sick to my stomach...
me too. i remember some lady in Brazil? was forced to bear a brainless fetus to term recently. Is that next?

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
Laerkin

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie with a touch of bossy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, but not hung up on the details
Relationship Status:
Parenting our furry family with SmoothButch

3 Highscores

Laerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST Reputation

For several years I was a clinic protector here in D.C. helping women get into clinics safely when they were surrounded by violent, aggressive protesters. I saw and heard things that would make most people's blood run cold.

One husband and wife came in because the fetus died inside her and she needed it removed (for her health, obviously) and when the protesters started assaulting them and calling out these nasty things, the husband came running at them screaming. And even after the protesters realized the situation and calmed down, they never apologized and continued saying these horrific things about God's will - saying she lost the baby because it was God's will because of murders like us and to blame the clinic and the volunteers (me). Horrifying, horrifying stuff.

I fear we are about to lose Roe.

And truth be told, there is a group of us here who have pledged to get trained in abortion care services to start an underground service...it's scary that it might actually come to that in my lifetime, but I feel like it may.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
me too. i remember some lady in Brazil? was forced to bear a brainless fetus to term recently. Is that next?
Laerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laerkin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laerkin View Post
For several years I was a clinic protector here in D.C. helping women get into clinics safely when they were surrounded by violent, aggressive protesters. I saw and heard things that would make most people's blood run cold.

One husband and wife came in because the fetus died inside her and she needed it removed (for her health, obviously) and when the protesters started assaulting them and calling out these nasty things, the husband came running at them screaming. And even after the protesters realized the situation and calmed down, they never apologized and continued saying these horrific things about God's will - saying she lost the baby because it was God's will because of murders like us and to blame the clinic and the volunteers (me). Horrifying, horrifying stuff.

I fear we are about to lose Roe.

And truth be told, there is a group of us here who have pledged to get trained in abortion care services to start an underground service...it's scary that it might actually come to that in my lifetime, but I feel like it may.
I sure hope it doesn't come to that. How awesome of you to volunteer in that capacity. Thank you so much for doing that.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Report shows almost 50% of girls under 18 feel unsafe in UK cities
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Bangladeshi sex workers take steroids to 'plump up' for clients
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #7
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation
Default 'Girls Don't Cry': Beware 'Campaigning While Female'

New book looks like a great view of misogyny involved in politics.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=129938556
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post: