Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Texas Forums

Old 02-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #1761
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

The countdown of days has begun...Austin, here I come!!
Meeting my papi for the first time. He's promised the best BBQ & seafood in Austin, and I'm sure he won't disappoint!

Keep those suggestions coming, y'all!! (Ok, NY girl practicing her western 'talk', lol)

I hope to meet some of you all while I'm visiting your great city.

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #1762
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

What's going on in Austin? Ebon and I are apartment hunting. They can run, but they can't hide.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #1763
shariberry

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
missbehaved
Relationship Status:
Loved

shariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputationshariberry Has the BEST Reputation

Wow, it's so cold this morning! I had to lug a rolling file behind me whilst walking up an icy cold wind tunnel. Not a pleasant experience, but I am loving this cold weather. Reminds me of my childhood Off to take pictures of the frozen fountain!

Stay warm, my fellow Austinites
shariberry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shariberry For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #1764
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
What's going on in Austin? Ebon and I are apartment hunting. They can run, but they can't hide.

So......what are You packin'...... Is Dick Cheney with You?

Hint: walk behind him.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #1765
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
So......what are You packin'...... Is Dick Cheney with You?

Hint: walk behind him.

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #1766
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm not sure about the others but I have to say that I really don't care for Artz's place. The menu is limited and the lady with the band came over the second we got our hands dirty with bbq, looking for tips. They do, however, have excellent banana pudding.

Welcome to the show.

Yo, Gemme, you're in the music capitol now! BBQ menus generally are pretty limited, cuz they focus on the BBQ. Bands make their money off tips. Not tipping the band is a felony! They only have a limited amount of time to collect 'em.

It's all listed on page 342 of your Welcome To Austin Handbook. Right past the diagram about the correct pronunciation for "Buda."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #1767
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Y'all be safe......the weather's icky~slicky!!!!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #1768
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

My honey told me you had 2" of snow today...tisk, tisk, my heart goes out to you - I have about 4 feet of snow in my driveway, so 'compassionate' is not a word that readily comes to mind, lol

Well, folks, dig yourselves out as best as you can, and...welcome to my world!! lol

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #1769
TxBelle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc
Relationship Status:
single

TxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST Reputation

One of the many reasons we live in Texas!
TxBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #1770
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

So Texas got snow huh its awful here in the Northeast especially NY and NJ wish I lived down there where there is just two inches!!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #1771
TxBelle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc
Relationship Status:
single

TxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST Reputation

And much of it is gone, now.
TxBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #1772
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
My honey told me you had 2" of snow today...tisk, tisk, my heart goes out to you - I have about 4 feet of snow in my driveway, so 'compassionate' is not a word that readily comes to mind, lol

Well, folks, dig yourselves out as best as you can, and...welcome to my world!! lol

Yes. Try 2" and no salt or mag chloride on the roads.

What people in other parts of the country tend to forget is that we don't have the preparation y'all do. So we have 1" of ice with 1" of snow over that.

Come down for a spin. I'll stay inside. Even seasoned winter drivers can't handle ice driving without salt.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #1773
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post

Yes. Try 2" and no salt or mag chloride on the roads.

What people in other parts of the country tend to forget is that we don't have the preparation y'all do. So we have 1" of ice with 1" of snow over that.

Come down for a spin. I'll stay inside. Even seasoned winter drivers can't handle ice driving without salt.
true that, I should know. I lived up north, i lived in blizzards etc etc.

but up north they have equipment, they now have "brime" to put on the roads hours before a storm.

here in Texas, they did what they could, with what equipment they have...which is nothing compared to the mid-west / north. they put sand on bridges but that didnt even work. several wrecks today, and a lady was killed when she slid off a bridge. ( course, my thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends )

so, now i get it, now i understand why when i lived up north and would watch on tv, ppl here was driving and wrecking and sliding all around.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #1774
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry. My last post comes across a bit cranky. It's just that I've lived in Colorado through three back-to-back blizzards and at least one other that I can think of. I've driven in that nastiness.

I used to laugh at people up there who couldn't drive in downpours. They'd be pulling over to the side in what, to me, was just a little boomer.

So, I guess, what I need to remember is that we each have our own experiences. Sorry if I sounded ugly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #1775
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Quote:
Sorry. My last post comes across a bit cranky. It's just that I've lived in Colorado through three back-to-back blizzards and at least one other that I can think of. I've driven in that nastiness.

I used to laugh at people up there who couldn't drive in downpours. They'd be pulling over to the side in what, to me, was just a little boomer.

So, I guess, what I need to remember is that we each have our own experiences. Sorry if I sounded ugly.
to me, it wasnt cranky. the grass isnt always greener on the other side.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #1776
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,144 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

It sounded cranky to me. Cranky mccrankerson!!

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #1777
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
Not to be repetitive but BITE ME, Romeo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #1778
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,144 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Not to be repetitive but BITE ME, Romeo.
I told you my fees for that already.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #1779
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #1780
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
I told you my fees for that already.
You'll be paying me for the privilege or asking permission.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post: