Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 08-28-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Lordy, went to watch a video and within 30 seconds moved on to something else! Damn ADD !
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
cane

How Do You Identify?:
male identified butch
Relationship Status:
Married

cane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Nat,

no you are not alone. I was diagnosed as an adult, much to my relief. I wasn't just unreliable, crazy, unpatient, weird, stupid and what else people have called me in the past...
There was a reason, which made it so much easier to deal with, not just for me but for my wife and friends as well.

cane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #3
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,632 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Nat ~

Great information. I am a child of Ritalin and Dexedrin. For me as a child, this saved my life (believe it or not) - I was absolutely non-functioning without it and physically out of control. I can remember the positive effects this had on my life at (1972) 10 years old. My father was also hyperactive (that's what they called us in the 60's - 70's)

As an adult - The hyperactivity has gone. I am just left with the ADD. My kids pediatrician wanted to put me on Ritalin (lol) as he saw it immediately. My kids are all GREAT and showed no signs growing up, but Ben shows it as he gets older. I was super sensitive to this when they were little.

I have trained my brain to function without the use of drugs as an adult. I have worked from home for 25 years and have had to train myself to create a shield around me. I can absolutely BLOCK out any outside interference now. However, I am unable to function in an office setting - way too many distractions for me.

Thank you for starting this - I am going to (once I can concentrate - hurricane news on) will read your posts in detail and watch your videos. This is a serious issue for so many adults.

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #4
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I am in the same boat as Mar

I right now should be doing 5 other things, but the list goes over and over in my head and I can't seem to get started. So at the end of the day I will have 5 started but unfinished projects.

Thank you Nat for sharing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
Lordy, went to watch a video and within 30 seconds moved on to something else! Damn ADD !
Yeah I don't have the patience to watch all those videos either, although I would like to

ETA: I am a recovering addict/alchoholic. I therefore can't take any of the stimulant meds for my ADD. So I just live with it.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
Yeah I don't have the patience to watch all those videos either, although I would like to

ETA: I am a recovering addict/alchoholic. I therefore can't take any of the stimulant meds for my ADD. So I just live with it.

It's been on my list of things to do today, but I haven't gotten to it yet, but I WILL! I did do one thing on the list and finished it though! Lists do help me a great deal.

I realized when I it another tab after watching just a few seconds of the video that ....damn I got it bad ...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 08:52 AM   #7
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

This is a podcast for supporting kids in the classroom, but I found it really pretty cathartic to listen to as an ADHD adult as well as informative.

Link

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2016, 02:16 AM   #8
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

Combined type. It's actually gotten worse as I get older. My current job is so boring that I have to medicate.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2017, 12:24 PM   #9
DressyFemme

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)

DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ADHD combined type - Adult onset

I was diagnosed in 2005 after a dear friend explained my crazy recent work difficulties as ADHD. My depression got worse after they took me off Wellbutrin and I was referred to a psychiatrist by my psychologist. After the depression was treated I still had symptoms so he put me on Strattera and I was diagnosed combined type. I was on it 10 years and it took the edge off but never treated the symptoms. I lost a job I had for 9 years and loved because I couldn't perform to standards despite accommodations. So at year 10, and with a diagnosis of Binge Eating Disorder, I asked for Vyvanse. I've now been on 60 mg daily and it's made a big difference. I'm currently thinking of going back to work part time after 9 years unemployment and constant fear of my symptoms coming back and failing again. But this time I got smart and went to VESID which is a program to find jobs for disabled workers. They've been very helpful so far. So I'm hoping I can go back to work...). Glad to be here.
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DressyFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #10
EmpressM

How Do You Identify?:
human

EmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST Reputation

I also have the the Inattentive type of ADD without hyperactive symptoms, however I have average energy levels. I was diagnosed as an adult. Turned out that most of the depression I'd suffered throughout my life was a symptom of my ADD. Once I was placed on the right medication and started behavioral therapy, my depression subsided without anti-depressants.

I believe an important thing to mention about medication is that a good doctor will work with you to find the right drug for you. My doctor and I tried out 4 different drugs, which turned me into a zombie. We finally tried Adderol, which helps me stay focused but doesn't take away my "sparkle". I'm a creative type and I'm always working on a painting. The medications I tried before Adderol, took away my ability to think creatively and find inspiration.

Another key piece for me was making lists and setting alarms. My lists have overarching topics with sub-topics to help prevent me from becoming overwhelmed or skipping critical steps. It's easier for me to follow a task through to completion this way. I set the alarms to help me better manage my time and if it's something I really don't want to do, it helps to know that I only have to spend 15 minutes focusing instead of 2 hours and allowing myself to become overwhelmed or distracted. If the task requires long spans of attention, I break it down into chunks and take breaks in-between so I don't become bored or lose focus. I can do anything in 15 minute intervals with 5 minute breaks, but that's just what works for me.
I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people. ~John Lennon
EmpressM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EmpressM For This Useful Post: