Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 12-27-2013, 05:42 AM   #521
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,783 Times in 25,667 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's working now, thanks!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:18 AM   #522
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,972 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Hey, Linus!

My 'instant notification by email' went out again. You've fixed it before by jiggling something in the back end. Is it possible to do it again?

Thanks!

maybe i'ma jus' overtired, but this made me laugh heartily...
Old 01-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #523
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,666 Times in 7,654 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default chat room

Um, I developed a new issue with chat that I never encountered before.

When I open the chat page, it is all scrunched into a 2 inch display at the top of the page and part of the log in is cut off as well.

Never saw this before.

Have emptied cache which does expand it to normal proportions on the first try but it reverts back to the mini display the next time.

Am using IE.

Any clue why this might be happening?
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #524
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,220 Times in 1,148 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

Can someone please tell me what this means, "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."???
and
How to fix it?

Thank you.
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #525
Redsunflower

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Redsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST Reputation

Hiya

I just posted on the quit smoking thread. It posted ok and another planeteer saw it and read it, then when I went back it had disappeared.

Any idea why that's happened or how to get my post back?

Thanks.

Rxx
Redsunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:06 AM   #526
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsunflower View Post
Hiya

I just posted on the quit smoking thread. It posted ok and another planeteer saw it and read it, then when I went back it had disappeared.

Any idea why that's happened or how to get my post back?

Thanks.

Rxx
Which Thread specifically? If it's this one: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...556#post876556 I can see that you deleted a post yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Meander View Post
Can someone please tell me what this means, "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."???
and
How to fix it?

Thank you.
Can you tell me what you were doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
Um, I developed a new issue with chat that I never encountered before.

When I open the chat page, it is all scrunched into a 2 inch display at the top of the page and part of the log in is cut off as well.

Never saw this before.

Have emptied cache which does expand it to normal proportions on the first try but it reverts back to the mini display the next time.

Am using IE.

Any clue why this might be happening?
What version of IE? Have you added any add-ons or anything? Sounds like some settings aren't being kept.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:53 AM   #527
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,666 Times in 7,654 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Linus,

Im using ie 10. Apparently it is a compatibility issue. When I activate compatibility view, the problem resolves.

I have no idea what that means but it is working now and holding the settings.

Thanks.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #528
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
and
How to fix it?

Thank you.
Sorry. It *was* brought to my attention that more info may be required and I hadn't come back yet.

It happens when I try to upload a pic to change my avatar or profile pic.

Thanks for your time and attention.
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Old 01-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #529
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Sorry. It *was* brought to my attention that more info may be required and I hadn't come back yet.

It happens when I try to upload a pic to change my avatar or profile pic.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Hrmm... I thought it might have been too big but that should generate a different error. Can you log out and clear your cache and try again?

Old 01-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #530
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Hrmm... I thought it might have been too big but that should generate a different error. Can you log out and clear your cache and try again?
I did as you instructed and still getting the same result.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #531
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Default *Update*

I had been using Photobucket (as I always have) and decided to save the photo to my PC and try uploading from there. It worked!

I don't know why Photobucket uploads aren't working.

Thank you.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #532
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Help please

I think there is something going on with the site tonight. chat keeps kicking people out, lagging really bad and delaying typing in the room. I got kicked out with a message that said .... RECONNECT IN blah blah seconds, tried to reconnect but won't load again. gonna clear cookies AGAIN. It's not only happening to me, but others in chat too are seeing the same thing happen.
Thanks .
Old 01-10-2014, 11:24 PM   #533
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
I think there is something going on with the site tonight. chat keeps kicking people out, lagging really bad and delaying typing in the room. I got kicked out with a message that said .... RECONNECT IN blah blah seconds, tried to reconnect but won't load again. gonna clear cookies AGAIN. It's not only happening to me, but others in chat too are seeing the same thing happen.
Thanks .
I've restarted the Chat Server. Hopefully that will help. If not, the issue may lie with the chat provider and we may have to wait until their server calms down.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2014, 06:08 PM   #534
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I've restarted the Chat Server. Hopefully that will help. If not, the issue may lie with the chat provider and we may have to wait until their server calms down.
Thank You Linus. We all love what you do for us and appreciate it very much.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #535
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

hey there! I was just curious about the status of the chat servers these days. There have been several times in the last few days that I have tried to log in to chat and it comes up and says its unavailable with a link to the 123chat website. Other times it will pop up and be a blank screen and in the bottom left it will say waiting for host blah blah blah and sometimes it says connecting, but then says failure to connect and gets me nowhere.

Also the times that chat has actually been up and running it is lagging really badly and kicking loads of us in and out all at once.

Thanks for everything you do
She was bored. She loved, had capacity to love, for love, to give and accept love. Only she tried twice and failed twice to find somebody not just strong enough to deserve it, earn it, match it, but even brave enough to accept it.”

~William Faulkner, The Town
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2014, 05:44 PM   #536
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Chat server not available.......today. It's been doing this for while today. And since yesterday at least, it's been loading slow, then when you're in chat, it's lagging conversations really slowly then all of a sudden it scrolls past really fast. The page says the following:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to host7110.123flashchat.com

A few mins. after trying to go back in, it's still waiting on chat server to load page, it's just stopped loading now.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #537
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
Chat server not available.......today. It's been doing this for while today. And since yesterday at least, it's been loading slow, then when you're in chat, it's lagging conversations really slowly then all of a sudden it scrolls past really fast. The page says the following:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to host7110.123flashchat.com

A few mins. after trying to go back in, it's still waiting on chat server to load page, it's just stopped loading now.
I'm going to have to get a support ticket filed with the chat provider and see if we can resolve this. Let me see what I can find out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #538
daisygirl

How Do You Identify?:
bisexual submissive femme babygirl :)
Relationship Status:
proud babygirl to the sweetest Daddy who came from Alaska to keep me safe and happy :)

daisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm going to have to get a support ticket filed with the chat provider and see if we can resolve this. Let me see what I can find out.
I'm having problems with chat as well. I can only get in on my tablet via chrome, it's not working with chrome or ie on my laptop. I've had intermittent problems for two days.

Just an FYI

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #539
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thumbs down chat

Trying to get into chat at 10:10 tonight, all I get is it trying to connect then the screen says connection lost.

chat is acting up again .
Old 03-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #540
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Hello,

When I use the quote function it does not work all the time. It seems to work with plain text, but not with images.

Is it supposed to do that?

Thanks in advance
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum geek, forum help