Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-21-2014, 08:54 AM   #181
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Sounds good. Hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration with a not-so-smallish cake

I haven't started reading the book. Will crack it open this weekend. And I have signed up on the web site. I've been low carbing it off and on for awhile and would like to try this. My blood type is O so this way of eating should suit me well. We'll see.
Blood types play a big part in lifestyles of eating-- for sure.
I started reading the book a few days ago and I'm almost done-- but next time I read it I'll be writing my notes down that I jot in the book. LOL.

My smallish cake, will be small-- I promise.

ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #182
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,216 Times in 8,648 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Call for a Low-Carb Diet that Embraces Fat

A Call for a Low-Carb Diet that Embraces Fat

By ANAHAD O’CONNOR
September 1, 2014

People who avoid carbohydrates and eat more fat, even saturated fat, lose more body fat and have fewer cardiovascular risks than people who follow the low-fat diet that health authorities have favored for decades, a major new study shows.

The findings are unlikely to be the final salvo in what has been a long and often contentious debate about what foods are best to eat for weight loss and overall health. The notion that dietary fat is harmful, particularly saturated fat, arose decades ago from comparisons of disease rates among large national populations.

But more recent clinical studies in which individuals and their diets were assessed over time have produced a more complex picture. Some have provided strong evidence that people can sharply reduce their heart disease risk by eating fewer carbohydrates and more dietary fat, with the exception of trans fats. The new findings suggest that this strategy more effectively reduces body fat and also lowers overall weight.

The new study was financed by the National Institutes of Health and published in the Annals of Internal Medicine. It included a racially diverse group of 150 men and women — a rarity in clinical nutrition studies — who were assigned to follow diets for one year that limited either the amount of carbs or fat that they could eat, but not overall calories.

“To my knowledge, this is one of the first long-term trials that’s given these diets without calorie restrictions,” said Dariush Mozaffarian, the dean of the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University, who was not involved in the new study. “It shows that in a free-living setting, cutting your carbs helps you lose weight without focusing on calories. And that’s really important because someone can change what they eat more easily than trying to cut down on their calories.”

Diets low in carbohydrates and higher in fat and protein have been commonly used for weight loss since Dr. Robert Atkins popularized the approach in the 1970s. Among the longstanding criticisms is that these diets cause people to lose weight in the form of water instead of body fat, and that cholesterol and other heart disease risk factors climb because dieters invariably raise their intake of saturated fat by eating more meat and dairy.

Many nutritionists and health authorities have “actively advised against” low-carbohydrate diets, said the lead author of the new study, Dr. Lydia A. Bazzano of the Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine. “It’s been thought that your saturated fat is, of course, going to increase, and then your cholesterol is going to go up,” she said. “And then bad things will happen in general.”

The new study showed that was not the case.

By the end of the yearlong trial, people in the low-carbohydrate group had lost about eight pounds more on average than those in the low-fat group. They had significantly greater reductions in body fat than the low-fat group, and improvements in lean muscle mass — even though neither group changed their levels of physical activity.

While the low-fat group did lose weight, they appeared to lose more muscle than fat.

“They actually lost lean muscle mass, which is a bad thing,” Dr. Mozaffarian said. “Your balance of lean mass versus fat mass is much more important than weight. And that’s a very important finding that shows why the low-carb, high-fat group did so metabolically well.”

The high-fat group followed something of a modified Atkins diet. They were told to eat mostly protein and fat, and to choose foods with primarily unsaturated fats, like fish, olive oil and nuts. But they were allowed to eat foods higher in saturated fat as well, including cheese and red meat.

A typical day’s diet was not onerous: It might consist of eggs for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, and some kind of protein for dinner — like red meat, chicken, fish, pork or tofu — along with vegetables. Low-carb participants were encouraged to cook with olive and canola oils, but butter was allowed, too.

Over all, they took in a little more than 13 percent of their daily calories from saturated fat, more than double the 5 to 6 percent limit recommended by the American Heart Association. The majority of their fat intake, however, was unsaturated fats.

The low-fat group included more grains, cereals and starches in their diet. They reduced their total fat intake to less than 30 percent of their daily calories, which is in line with the federal government’s dietary guidelines. The other group increased their total fat intake to more than 40 percent of daily calories.

Both groups were encouraged to eat vegetables, and the low-carbohydrate group was told that eating some beans and fresh fruit was fine as well.

In the end, people in the low-carbohydrate group saw markers of inflammation and triglycerides — a type of fat that circulates in the blood — plunge. Their HDL, the so-called good cholesterol, rose more sharply than it did for people in the low-fat group.

Blood pressure, total cholesterol and LDL, the so-called bad cholesterol, stayed about the same for people in each group.

Nonetheless, those on the low-carbohydrate diet ultimately did so well that they managed to lower their Framingham risk scores, which calculate the likelihood of a heart attack within the next 10 years. The low-fat group on average had no improvement in their scores.

The decrease in risk on the low-carbohydrate diet “should translate into a substantial benefit,” said Dr. Allan Sniderman, a professor of cardiology at McGill University in Montreal.

One important predictor of heart disease that the study did not assess, Dr. Sniderman said, was the relative size and number of LDL particles in the bloodstream. Two people can have the same overall LDL concentration, but very different levels of risk depending on whether they have a lot of small, dense LDL particles or a small number of large and fluffy particles.

Eating refined carbohydrates tends to raise the overall number of LDL particles and shift them toward the small, dense variety, which contributes to atherosclerosis. Saturated fat tends to make LDL particles larger, more buoyant and less likely to clog arteries, at least when carbohydrate intake is not high, said Dr. Ronald M. Krauss, the former chairman of the American Heart Association’s dietary guidelines committee.

Small, dense LDL is the kind typically found in heart patients and in people who have high triglycerides, central obesity and other aspects of the so-called metabolic syndrome, said Dr. Krauss, who is also the director of atherosclerosis research at Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute.

“I’ve been a strong advocate of moving saturated fat down the list of priorities in dietary recommendations for one reason: because of the increasing importance of metabolic syndrome and the role that carbohydrates play,” Dr. Krauss said.

Dr. Mozaffarian said the research suggested that health authorities should pivot away from fat restrictions and encourage people to eat fewer processed foods, particularly those with refined carbohydrates.

The average person may not pay much attention to the federal dietary guidelines, but their influence can be seen, for example, in school lunch programs, which is why many schools forbid whole milk but serve their students fat-free chocolate milk loaded with sugar, Dr. Mozaffarian said.

Last edited by Orema; 09-02-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #183
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
A Call for a Low-Carb Diet that Embraces Fat

By ANAHAD O’CONNOR
September 1, 2014

People who avoid carbohydrates and eat more fat, even saturated fat, lose more body fat and have fewer cardiovascular risks than people who follow the low-fat diet that health authorities have favored for decades, a major new study shows.

The findings are unlikely to be the final salvo in what has been a long and often contentious debate about what foods are best to eat for weight loss and overall health. The notion that dietary fat is harmful, particularly saturated fat, arose decades ago from comparisons of disease rates among large national populations...
Orema,
Thank you for posting this article. I strongly believe it to be true that a diet of high purine proteins and healthy fats along with low carbs is a healthy diet for most people. I have more thoughts surrounding this but it will likely come across as anti-government, so I will save you all the grief.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #184
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Orema,
Thank you for posting this article. I strongly believe it to be true that a diet of high purine proteins and healthy fats along with low carbs is a healthy diet for most people. I have more thoughts surrounding this but it will likely come across as anti-government, so I will save you all the grief.
My pleasure, Jesse. Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Really.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #185
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

How's it going everyone?
Orema-- how did you like the book? Learn anything new? Dislike/Like?
Jesse-- how are you doing?

I still haven't finished the book-- I have a hard time reading stuff when I have a full, busy life happening... but we're still planning on doing the Whole30 but not sure when. Soon.

Other than that-- things are good.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #186
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,452 Times in 6,892 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I cannot contribute here in an educated way; I started eating low carb rather incidentally. I DID find that weight came off easily (I lost about 30lbs in2 months) and now that I've stopped eating in this manner, I gained 3 lbs...but worse than that, I just donte feel as good as I did.

SO...I'm going to do what I do best and research this...back read this thread and look for recipe books....thanks y'all
Old 09-23-2014, 01:38 PM   #187
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
How's it going everyone?

I still haven't finished the book-- I have a hard time reading stuff when I have a full, busy life happening... but we're still planning on doing the Whole30 but not sure when. Soon.

I like the book very much. I started the Whole30 but stopped after I had a minor knee injury. Will start again either in October or January. Thanks again for mentioning the book, ahk.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #188
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Cinnamon,

There are lots of good places online for low carb/high protein/Paleo/Primal recipes. Usually, Ahk and I both post the link here along with any recipes we post, so a search is a great idea. Sounds like you were doing pretty good if you were successful for three months, maybe you will share some of your recipes with us. I hope things are going well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I cannot contribute here in an educated way; I started eating low carb rather incidentally. I DID find that weight came off easily (I lost about 30lbs in2 months) and now that I've stopped eating in this manner, I gained 3 lbs...but worse than that, I just donte feel as good as I did.

SO...I'm going to do what I do best and research this...back read this thread and look for recipe books....thanks y'all

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Old 09-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #189
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

ahk,

I am fine and well, thanks for asking. Fall puts me into a drying/canning and cooking mood so thank I the Gods for canning jars and dehydrators. I hope that you and yours are happy and well.

Jess - waving at Orema's cute avatar

Quote:
How's it going everyone?

Old 09-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #190
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

I'm thinking about starting a traditional medicine/home remedy thread, but in the meantime... Fall is in the air and with that comes flu season soon after. Anyone interested in a recipe that you take once a day to build healthy immunity to colds and flu but can also be taken several times a day to help set things back to right if you happen to get sick?

Last edited by Jesse; 09-23-2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Edited to add: On doing a search I see there is already an Herbal thread, so nix that idea. ;)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2014, 07:39 PM   #191
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm thinking about starting a traditional medicine/home remedy thread, but in the meantime... Fall is in the air and with that comes flu season soon after. Anyone interested in a recipe that you take once a day to build healthy immunity to colds and flu but can also be taken several times a day to help set things back to right if you happen to get sick?
Yes yes yes!!!! Bring it!!!
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2014, 08:35 PM   #192
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
ahk,

I am fine and well, thanks for asking. Fall puts me into a drying/canning and cooking mood so thank I the Gods for canning jars and dehydrators. I hope that you and yours are happy and well.

Jess - waving at Orema's cute avatar

I so want a dehydrator -- but haven't yet. What are you canning? and dehydrating? and how do you store your dehydrated items?

Quote:
I think the thread would be awesome-- I love stuff like this. I have pinterest and have several great pins about it, also a few folders of said stuff.

I'd be interested to know the recipe-- I have a great one for sore throats, flu and colds-- I actually started doing it for myself and then found one that was more in depth.

I'll go find the recipe-- its basically turmeric, honey, ginger, lemon...
Old 09-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #193
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Okay, so I will list the ingredients in parts because some may only want to make a quart while others with kids or a larger family may want a gallon. So what this means basically is: if you use 1 cup of garlic use the same amount with the other "parts" and then half that amount for the "half parts". No worries, this stuff does not spoil. It's important to use local, organic as often as possible.

1 part white onion
1 part fresh turmeric root
1 part fresh horseradish root
1/2 part ginger root
1/2 part garlic cloves, smashed or diced
2 or 3 cayenne peppers (okay to substitute with other peppers or with cayenne powder. *Allergy Warning - See below.)
2 organic lemons or limes - juice and zest
Thyme- I make a 1/2 gallon and use 2 level tablespoons of dried thyme

Raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar - raw, unpasteurized is extremely important in this case because pasteurizing will kill the probiotics that were created when the vinegar was fermented. You will need enough of the ACV to fill the jar after everything else is in there.
Raw, organic honey- to taste

I heat my ACV on simmer just enough to warm it, do not boil it or heat fast.

Wash, peel and dice all of the veggies. The peppers, I just leave whole and make a small slit in each one. You may want to wear rubber gloves when dicing the turmeric, unless you like the look of day-glow yellow hands for days on end.

Place all ingredients in clean jar that has a tight fitting lid, heaviest ingredients go in last to help hold the lighter stuff under the liquid. After adding all of the solid ingredients fill the jar with the warmed apple cider vinegar. Wipe the rim with a clean dampened cloth or paper towel. If using a metal lid place a piece of waxed paper between the jar and lid, this will keep the vinegar from eating away at the metal lid. Store in a cool dark place for one full lunar cycle, if possible. After a month, you can either shake it and use as is, or strain all of the veggies and herbs leaving just the cider in a clean jar. I recommend refrigerating it if you leave the veggies in, otherwise it does not require refrigeration.

I take 1/2 of a shot glass daily as a preventative and immune builder, or if sick I will take that same amount 3 or 4 times a day until well.

I learned in my Curanderismo(traditional medicine) class to always ask the plant or root for permission to use it and to be thankful while using it. Also, when making an infusion such as this, to always do so with intention...meaning think about what you are wanting from this infusion and how it will keep your immune system strong and heal you when you are ill.

*Peppers are a member of the nightshade family, so those who are allergic may want to leave them out.

** This is not intended to be medical advice, and is purely my own personal belief and something I do for me. Use at your own risk.

***The name of this is Fire Cider, there are many recipes for it across the web. You should use the roots and veggies that you believe will work best for you after researching on your own. This is simply the one I use for me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #194
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Oh I dehydrate just about anything I can get my hands on to dehydrate. Fresh herbs, veggies, fruit, leftovers I have cooked, like spaghetti and chili. If I find a good sale on frozen veggies, I will buy up and dehydrate them. I do 8 trays of spinach every couple of weeks to use for making spinach powder for my green smoothies. I store all dehydrated stuffs in ball canning jars with dated labels. I love both the canner and the dehydrators that I have, but if I had to choose between one or the other, I would choose the dehydrators.

I kind of thought you might would have close to the same cider recipe. By the way, I so miss ABQ!

Quote:
I so want a dehydrator -- but haven't yet. What are you canning? and dehydrating? and how do you store your dehydrated items?

I think the thread would be awesome-- I love stuff like this. I have pinterest and have several great pins about it, also a few folders of said stuff.

I'd be interested to know the recipe-- I have a great one for sore throats, flu and colds-- I actually started doing it for myself and then found one that was more in depth.

I'll go find the recipe-- its basically turmeric, honey, ginger, lemon...
Old 09-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #195
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

So are you using Bragg's ACV?

Does Publix carry the fresh horseradish and turmeric root?

I have the ginger on hand all the time.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #196
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
So are you using Bragg's ACV?

Does Publix carry the fresh horseradish and turmeric root?

I have the ginger on hand all the time.
Bragg's is good, not only is it raw, organic and unpasteurized, it is also non-gmo verified. I rarely buy fresh veggies from the grocery store these days, so I am not sure if Publix carries it or not. I can just about guarantee they do not carry the organic. I get my turmeric root from a local Indian market and I get the horseradish root from Judy's, which is a local health food store nearby.
They are both really cheap to buy organic and won't break the bank like some other organic stuff does. For a quart you only need about a half a cup diced of each. If your local health food store doesn't have it in, ask them if they can order it for you. Most places will oblige if able. I hope to plant some turmeric next year, so I have it on hand.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #197
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thank you so much Jesse!

For the recipe and info on finding horseradish and turmeric. I had no idea turmeric was a root! Perhaps I can grow some also.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #198
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Can I just say--- I really dislike when you write a really good response and it doesn't post.

Here let's try it again--

My favourite for sore throats--

Sore throat remedy: Lemon and Raw Honey ~ let sit in refrigerator until lemon and rind break down into marmalade-like mixture. Place in cup & add hot water. Drink & feel better.

My favourite that I drink daily--

Ginger & Turmeric Honey Bomb. I found this recipe when I was sick with a virus and was out for about 2 weeks. I made my own version before I found it -- fresh grated ginger, fresh grated turmeric, lemon, raw honey and hot water, drank a lot.

Another chart that I enjoy is--

And Jesse-- I'm not sure I could handle the Fire cider-- onions are not my favourite things raw. But I found something very similar to what you're talking about. Take a look here ----> master tonic

I do acupuncture weekly (have been for 5 years), drink either avc or lemon water daily in am, do the honey bomb during the day, and take mushrooms for immune boosters.

Sorry this thread is a bit off rail, but I find all this so interesting-- and it works.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #199
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanks ahk! Yes, that one is very similar to mine. Like I said before, everyone needs to make the tonic with roots, veggies, and herbs that they can tolerate, so leave the onions out if you like or just strain all of the solids out after one month and toss into your compost. It sounds like you are doing good stuff for yourself, and that's a good thing.

P.S. You didn't derail the thread, I actually did I think, but it's okay. We should go and resurrect the Herbal Thread, it's been out of commission for a while I think.
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ht=home+remedy
Old 10-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #200
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

I made chicken soup the other day... planned to serve it with rice for Roomie .. I don't like it with rice. Makes it all starchy ick. Well anyhoo, I had put turmeric in it, added powdered green Chili (hot). Omg.... so good!!! Will do it again next time!

I love my own cooking!!

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo