txdoc
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Wrangled

txdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
I recommend putting in a PO just to see what happens. It may actually come.
And a weekly chair massage!
txdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txdoc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 03:11 AM   #182
bkisbutchenuff
PPoA - Southern Gentle Butch

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, he, him, handsome, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Thanked 10,845 Times in 2,247 Posts
bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdoc View Post
And a weekly chair massage!
Just need to make sure they are on the vendors list....think I will also slide an acohol drink vending machine in there also for the lounge....

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
bkisbutchenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 04:03 AM   #183
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkisbutchenuff View Post
Just need to make sure they are on the vendors list....think I will also slide an acohol drink vending machine in there also for the lounge....

If message chair and alcohol drink vending machines are not on the vendor list I just don't know if you can continue to work there... I mean as a professional you must have standards.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 AM   #184
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
If message chair and alcohol drink vending machines are not on the vendor list I just don't know if you can continue to work there... I mean as a professional you must have standards.
AGREE!....I'm ok with low bid...however....LOL!

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
The Following User Says Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 04:20 AM   #185
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
AGREE!....I'm ok with low bid...however....LOL!
Well absolutely, low bid is just fine. It is public education and all!
BK have a great day!

Wednesday is meeting day. I have an 8:30, 11:30 and 3:30 meetings today. And this is a light load on meetings. Rolling eyes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 04:20 AM   #186
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Well I've been checking progress on the students I work with. They are sailing along! Making gains. One more data point and the graphs will be fun to show them. Even with 2 data points they are going to start to make sense of them. The progress monitoring makes so much sense to them once they can see the graphs. We've been using example graphs to share the idea... but as 2nd graders they relate better to their own. I love this part of being a special education teacher. Talking about their brains, their strategies, their strengths and how to ask questions for their learning.

I also spent an hour with the unified arts teachers (music, art, library, pe, technology) updating them on students I case manage and accommodations. I do believe they left with a better appreciation of the students as people. They seemed to have a handle on what works for them and individual students in there classes. I heard lots of ideas from them about the kids. Now that was awesome!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 04:47 AM   #187
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Today...a day for me...for the first time ever I come first - I am important today...none of this matters for today!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 05:07 AM   #188
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,390 Times in 2,680 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday was my first day coming and going in the dark, ugh.

I was at school for almost 12 hours, but I felt like I had no choice because

I had a lot to prepare for today's class, and

I had grades to enter for progress reports.

I'm not sorry that I caught up, and it's going to be like this, at least this year.

As long as I get to aquasize most of the time, I think I'll be okay.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #189
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, just finished writing my arse-kissing licking and begging letter. Let's hope I get to keep my job.

But, I think I have to seriously consider if working in Asia is the place for me and my personality. I also think that that considering is probably long overdue. And, I wonder if this kind of teaching is really what I'm good at ...

So many things to think about. And to think, when I was in high school I thought that maybe I'd become a kindergarten teacher because I wasn't smart enough for anything else - yeah that's often the prevailing attitude about kindergarten teaching unfortunately.

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #190
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I teach in a community homeschool group one day a week. Such a difference. I've gotten my teaching degree and dabbled in a few private and public schools. I don't know how y'all do it. One private school I was in was wonderful, kind of a three room school house for kids 5-18 years old, separated by learning style. That was about 15 years ago and the school closed down about 10 years ago for various reasons.
Now I have a group of 25 kids, aged 3-17. I teach health, nutrition, and cooking with them. Love it.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #191
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I teach in a community homeschool group one day a week. Such a difference. I've gotten my teaching degree and dabbled in a few private and public schools. I don't know how y'all do it. One private school I was in was wonderful, kind of a three room school house for kids 5-18 years old, separated by learning style. That was about 15 years ago and the school closed down about 10 years ago for various reasons.
Now I have a group of 25 kids, aged 3-17. I teach health, nutrition, and cooking with them. Love it.
Welcome to the thread!

The Following User Says Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #192
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Three day week...I can do this! Can't wait for the long weekend!

Old 10-08-2012, 04:27 AM   #193
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Midterm grades are due on Friday and

Open House is the following Thursday night.

We aren't supposed to have extended conversations but

It is hard to say 'no' to worried parents.

Some teachers show PowerPoint presentations.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 04:28 AM   #194
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Not too shabby a day today. Did three observations. The first one, well could have been a lot better, but at least he doesn't get defensive and blame the kids for his teaching inadequacies.

Went on to my Chinese school and the Head of English ROCKED her lesson! Was damn fabulous especially because she had surgery for appendicitis only a few weeks ago. She did a language arts lesson based on the Hare and the Tortoise and what was even lovelier for mepersonally, is that later she said that although this is a lesson she taught last year, she got some additional ideas from me.

Quite nice after being told last week that the teachers haven't learnt anything from me. Quite frankly I think the local educational officer for Primary School English is playing games. A couple of weeks ago she said at a state meeting, WITH my boss in attendance that my teachers find me forceful. Funnily enough she was talking about comments made at the beginning of this year by teachers at one school still (insert adjective of choice) about how they felt last year.

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #195
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,368 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post

Open House is the following Thursday night.

We aren't supposed to have extended conversations but

It is hard to say 'no' to worried parents.

Some teachers show PowerPoint presentations.
I have never done this, but I have always had small classes, so enough time to talk to parents. I love meeting them. Always a surprise or two on Open House.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #196
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

I like talking to parents and I welcome their input if there's something they think I should know about their child. In one way, I am very lucky because I have really fun toys for interesting classes, but it does make for huge cleanup. Once in a while there are parents who pretend they can't see the other ten people in the room. We are supposed to have a sign up sheet for them to ask a counselor to call them and make an appointment for a longer meeting. I like Open House though.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #197
txdoc
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Wrangled

txdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Yes..approved vendor a must. Now just have to ensure it's an allowable expense!
txdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to txdoc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 04:01 AM   #198
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #199
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Wink

Old 10-09-2012, 04:18 AM   #200
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

1st 9 weeks ends Wed. Due to scheduling, baby sitting and changes...there's a great amount of wasted time...I'm having to put the hammer down on my orchestra students...somehow we are going to make up for the last 9 weeks!

Hope everyone is having a good week! Tomorrow is my FRIDAY!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Tags
careers, educators, gltb, network