Old 04-18-2010, 10:21 PM   #2121
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I find I am still going over and over in my mind, the movie "Seraphine", which I saw today.....

If You like a very well~made foreign film (French), then I encourage You to see it.....stunning!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 03:34 AM   #2122
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,326 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

While looking at our pictures from our recent road trip, I couldn't believe how much weight I had put on... I mean.. I knew it in my mind, I could feel it in my body, but I didn't know how that translated..

I have to do something about this...
Old 04-19-2010, 06:37 AM   #2123
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Concerned about my sister and the stress she is under with her husband's Alzheimer's. I wish I lived closer so that I could offer her more help.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #2124
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

fucking lecture test in anatomy.

sa node, av node, septum, blah. hormones, steroid, protein, reactors, binding, cell membrane. blood composition. atria contraction, ventricle, diastole. lymphatic system. lymph nodes. memory cells, tcells, bcells. hemostasis normal, abnormal. alimentary canal. wow that small intestine is super absorbent.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #2125
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

i forgot. nervous system, sympathetic, parasympathetic. sludd.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #2126
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowkisses View Post
It is sad when one outgrows a friendship.
I am thankful for the new ones I have made recently.

Be prepared
Get ready

Tacklehuggle

OK, now that that's out of the way

If you're growing in a direction your friend is not,
sometimes the best thing you can do, is move on
Keep the positive you've gotten out of your friendship
and toss the negative because you'll never use it.

And hey, you should still be thankful for some of the old ones

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #2127
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
Cluster Headache that needs to vanish.

I'm hoping you woke better than you sounded last night.
May your day be filled with quiet.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
Old 04-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #2128
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

Today is the 15th anniversary of the Murrah Federal Building bombing in Oklahoma City. I lived in OK at the time. I remember being in class that morning when the blast happened. The streets were eerily vacant in Norman, OK, just a few miles south of OKC. Little did I know at the time until I saw a tv how tragic it was. It was beyond my comprehension what had occurred that day. Remember the 168 men, women, and children who died that day.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #2129
VuDu

How Do You Identify?:
Femme with a Wicked Twist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trouble Maker
Relationship Status:
My heart is my own

VuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post

And hey, you should still be thankful for some of the old ones

I am always thankful for every friendship, especially one such as yours.

After all, they are lessons learned and memories cherished.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #2130
Toofrufru

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms as in Ms Fru to you
Relationship Status:
Not the Marrying kind!

Toofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST Reputation
Default hmm

"There once was a very cautious man,
Who never laughed or cried,
He never cared, he never dared,
He never dreamed or tried.
And when one day he passed away,
His insurance was denied.
For since he never really lived,
They claimed he never died."

~Tom Mathews
Toofrufru is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toofrufru For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #2131
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Thanked 2,220 Times in 772 Posts
Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Lots and lots of stuff like unpacking the last 3 bags and making a big loaf of French bread in the breadmaker.

Butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #2132
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I find I am still going over and over in my mind, the movie "Seraphine", which I saw today.....

If You like a very well~made foreign film (French), then I encourage You to see it.....stunning!

Ah! Yes! I hardly ever see mainstream films anymore....

Have you seen The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? Amazing.. chilling... another that stays with you for days film. Takes the refusal of women to become/remain victims to a whole new dimension.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #2133
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowkisses View Post
I am always thankful for every friendship, especially one such as yours.

After all, they are lessons learned and memories cherished.

Wow, over the years, we have talked or typed about the good, bad and ugly
We've also managed to laugh at the expense of.....well, tarnished halos.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #2134
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,829 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Homemade tortillas.
Binocular strap.
Haiku.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #2135
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

overwhelming concern for my students. one student in particular who was simply not themselves today. who displayed irrational behavior, destructive and very dangerous behavior... bordering on suicidal. i am concerned for the home life of this student, for outside influences that can change them so much in such a short amount of time.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #2136
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

I found someone on facebook I grew up with.. She accepted my friend request and when she realized that it was me and I was gay she erased her friendship... Its sad. It makes me sad to have so many that I grew up around disown me because of who I am. Its one thing to have my adopted parents do that, Ive been soooooo used to that since I was little. But to have childhood friends I grew up do that? Its still hard and it never gets old. I know its their loss... But its still a small pain
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #2137
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutchmistie View Post
I found someone on facebook I grew up with.. She accepted my friend request and when she realized that it was me and I was gay she erased her friendship... Its sad. It makes me sad to have so many that I grew up around disown me because of who I am. Its one thing to have my adopted parents do that, Ive been soooooo used to that since I was little. But to have childhood friends I grew up do that? Its still hard and it never gets old. I know its their loss... But its still a small pain

If the person could do that to you, then they never really knew how to be a friend in the first place BBM. I spent years dealing with my oldest brother's homophobia that when my mom died, it gave me the perfect opportunity to stop talking to him. That was almost 10 years ago and it doesn't bother me at all. I learned I first have to be true to me and not worry what others think.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #2138
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

I really wished I had another piece of that apple pie.

Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #2139
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
I really wished I had another piece of that apple pie.

It could be worse, you could be craving ice cream if you ate it with that slice.
Yes, I know, but I'm just being a helpful friend, so no thanks needed.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #2140
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

As I sit here with my Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream,
I'm thinking how well it would go with apple pie

The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post: