The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Rufus,

Did this include gender change?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #202
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Rufus,

Did this include gender change?
Linus- yes, it was gender only. I didn't do a name change. I don't have a feminine first or middle name (my mother named me after two old boyfriends - so its made things easier for me )

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #203
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Update: I now have back acne. And not just a little bit.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #204
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
I don't get backne, but I get it on my legs, arms, and chest.. oy.. lol

Just remember, it's all them lil hairs trying to push to the surface.. Tis a good thing! As long as you want a back pelt.. (I have a good friend that is like a bear, dude.. for reals.. lmao)
Old 07-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #205
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus
It will be the longest month you'll have now. Congrats!
Its still more than a month away, and its already been the longest week since I made the appointment so I got abit of a ways to go but I'll be patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Tiger
Congratulations Braedon. I agree with Linus. It will seem like the longest and fastest month all at the same time. LOL
So far its felt like the moments are just dragging on, so I hope the days go by faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie
Right on Parker! That is so awesome. I am still waiting for mine to drop.
This is the one thing that I am not excited about once I start T, is the voice dropping

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie
This is not something I look forward to, I have enough problems with acne lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderKnight

Just remember, it's all them lil hairs trying to push to the surface.. Tis a good thing! As long as you want a back pelt.. (I have a good friend that is like a bear, dude.. for reals.. lmao)
I really hope that I am not a bear, I don't want all that hair (abit is enough!). I have not yet begun T, but I already have hair on My face (especially under My chin and on My upper lip) as well as abit on My legs and lower stomach. I don't know if maybe I have a high level of testosterone in My body already or what it is, but when I looked in the mirror the other day and studied the dark hairs on My upper lip I then realized that I will probably have more hair than I really want
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #206
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderKnight View Post

None of the men in my family, on either side, have back hair. It's the danish/norwegian un-hairy-ness. I would not be happy if I got it. Yuck.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #207
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

I got one word for ya, Bro.. Manscaping.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #208
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Just dropping in to say hey. Continuing with injections; the only thing I've experienced is skin chapping.

People tell me my voice is about as low as William Warfield. Actually, they just catch me just when I'm getting out of bed.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #209
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

hey guys, hows life lately?

experiencing more chest hair.

consulting with a top surgeon aug. 9th, hopefully will know when by then.

otherwise work is killing me, had a great week wit my lady visiting this past week.

life is good
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #210
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

my voice is sooooooooooooooooooooooo Looooow
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #211
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
my voice is sooooooooooooooooooooooo Looooow
Awesome Parker!!
Old 08-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #212
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Got my drivers license changed to male today. I am very happy about that.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #213
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
Got my drivers license changed to male today. I am very happy about that.

Rufus

Congrats!! Sounds like everything is moving forward for you..

Old 08-17-2010, 06:15 AM   #214
slverwlf

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

slverwlf Has the BEST Reputationslverwlf Has the BEST Reputationslverwlf Has the BEST Reputationslverwlf Has the BEST Reputationslverwlf Has the BEST Reputationslverwlf Has the BEST Reputationslverwlf Has the BEST Reputationslverwlf Has the BEST Reputationslverwlf Has the BEST Reputationslverwlf Has the BEST Reputationslverwlf Has the BEST Reputation

Hi,

My entire life has been and will continue to be a transition. It just is. However I started talking to a therapist about transition in January 2005. I changed my name, and started T in May of that year.
I am currently on 100mgs a week, and I don't have too much change at this point. I just see it as maintenance. I do like results when working out, which I don't do often often.
I had chest surgery in JUly of 2006, I went to a surgeon by the name of Dr. Balderrama in Lake Havasu, AZ. I was lucky that it was covered by my insurance, and that is who myself and the insurance company decided would be best. Most of the "known" surgeons would not touch insurance with a ten foot pole. Hopefully that is beginning to change some. I had my hysterectomy in December of 2007. I went to Serbia last summer for a Meta with Dr. Miro. So, I am about as done surgically as I want to be at this point. If I ever lose 70lbs, I will get revisions I am considering, but no point right now.
I run two support groups in the Tampa area, and will be graduating in December with a degree in Mental Health Counseling. I want to be a gender therapist.
If anyone ever has any questions, do not hesitate to send them in my direction. I'm an open book.
slverwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to slverwlf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #215
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

Ok i have a top surgeon out of Sandy Springs Ga, i have my consult with him on sept 15th, hopefully get my date for surgery before i leave the office.

this is all finally coming together nicely
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #216
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Fingers crossed for you Sam. I think I'm going to see if I can get mine booked for Jan once I'm in L.A. and go to the same surgeon as Oop and Theo.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #217
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,885 Times in 2,481 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Fingers crossed for you Sam. I think I'm going to see if I can get mine booked for Jan once I'm in L.A. and go to the same surgeon as Oop and Theo.

GREAT, Linus and Sam, you're going to do it!!!!

Well, a little more than a year later, I'm doing really well. My scars have faded quite a bit and what does remain is gradually getting covered up with hair. I can't begin to tell you how much more comfortable I am since having chest surgery. These Vegas summers are absolutely *brutal* when it comes to heat, and wearing the heavy sports bras and compression shirts/binders was absolutely miserable. It really did wonders for my confidence and comfort. I'm finally feeling congruent and at peace with myself.

Once you have the surgery, it'll be relatively easy to get all of your paperwork changed...meaning gender markers, because Dr. V's letter is right on the mark. The State of Florida (of all places) accepted it and changed my birth certificate with no problems and now all of my other documentation has been fixed. Mother has been after me to take her to Ireland next year, so now I can move forward with getting a new passport.

I think you'll be seriously happy with Dr. Voloshin and his team. I don't think you could get a better surgeon with more experience than him. I liked the fact that his office and team has a "family" feel and I think he has a good feel for the FTM community. From what Koop said, he thought the same.

You're going to be pretty close to your home there, too, since Dr. V is in Newport Beach. That's another huge plus!!! I think the travel thing, along with having to spend the first one or two nights in a strange (but comfortable) bed was probably the most stressful to me.

Congrats again, Brothers!!!

~Theo~

Last edited by theoddz; 08-24-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Wanted to specifically congratulate Sam, too!!!
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #218
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Quote:
Thanks Linus, im hoping for great results, fast recovery and onward with my life.

Good luck with your move.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:48 PM   #219
Paphigleo

How Do You Identify?:
da Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
open to new possibilities

Paphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST Reputation
Smile my turn

Hey guys...

In two weeks I have an appointment with a doc in Charlotte NC who is willing to manage and prescribe my T regimine.

This past month I did the hardest part for me so far; I told my family.

They never cease to amaze me. Little sister said, "You've always been my big brother just now it'll be official". An older sister said, "I knew it, and I think I even ASKED you a few years back but noooooo you weren't ready yet".

My mother and father and respective step-parents were all very kind and supportive.

It went so well I had to refrain from kicking myself for waiting so long out of fear!

At any rate, my first appointment is Sept 8th. I am getting more excited with each passing day. I will be submitting to insurance but am doubtful of coverage. I'm prepared to just suck up the costs.

This is my gift to myself. I already quite smoking, been building a routine with working out. Dropping the unhealthy weight I've been hiding this body under. I'm ready to become me.

Viva la Transformation

I am the stone that the builder refused

I can't do this all on my own... I'm no Superman.

My armor, battered but strong. My sword, pitted but razor sharp. My body is bloodied but doesn't know to quit. I am battle-tested and proven, I shall live to fight another day.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...91850051_n.jpg
Paphigleo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paphigleo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #220
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paphigleo View Post
Hey guys...

In two weeks I have an appointment with a doc in Charlotte NC who is willing to manage and prescribe my T regimine.

This past month I did the hardest part for me so far; I told my family.

They never cease to amaze me. Little sister said, "You've always been my big brother just now it'll be official". An older sister said, "I knew it, and I think I even ASKED you a few years back but noooooo you weren't ready yet".

My mother and father and respective step-parents were all very kind and supportive.

It went so well I had to refrain from kicking myself for waiting so long out of fear!

At any rate, my first appointment is Sept 8th. I am getting more excited with each passing day. I will be submitting to insurance but am doubtful of coverage. I'm prepared to just suck up the costs.

This is my gift to myself. I already quite smoking, been building a routine with working out. Dropping the unhealthy weight I've been hiding this body under. I'm ready to become me.

Viva la Transformation
Congrats on starting this journey.. you must be very excited.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: