Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #2361
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,178 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
What details would you like?

~ No larger than 5x7
~ Preferrably flat or at least not TOO thick
~ RETRO.......that means ~ I'm thinkin' ~ before the '70's
~ Work your magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Don't forget the $$$!

I wish I could participate in this one, but I really don't think, with my office being demoed soon and the headaches that have already started from that, that I'll have a lot of personal time.

It's a really neat topic too.

Oh yeah.....send me $5 with Your submission.

Especially Your submission. I like it like that.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 07:19 AM   #2362
sweetiefemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loved

sweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
What details would you like?

~ No larger than 5x7
~ Preferrably flat or at least not TOO thick
~ RETRO.......that means ~ I'm thinkin' ~ before the '70's
~ Work your magic.

Well I don't know what to say, I guess I wouldn't have asked for more info if it had been clear to this newbie what and how to start joining your group/project. But since all that you could do is repeat what you said the first time, I don't feel very welcome and please just remove my name from this group.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #2363
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiefemme View Post
Well I don't know what to say, I guess I wouldn't have asked for more info if it had been clear to this newbie what and how to start joining your group/project. But since all that you could do is repeat what you said the first time, I don't feel very welcome and please just remove my name from this group.
I don't know what to say, oh wait yes I do.....

this is a extremely welcoming group
no one is ever told anyone they can not join
This is an artistic/crafty project thread
we keep the size of the project small due to costs of postage
one person wrangles the current project and does a lot of work for the group
because it is a creative project we do not tell each other how to do the project. Some are writers and their project will reflect that. Some are painters and some are crafters.
One of the amazing things about these projects is the many different ways that people interpret the theme. In this case retro.
Once the sign up date is reached and we know how many projects to make we get started.
say 10 people sign up,
we then do 10 projects, they can all be different or all can be the same
then we mail them to the wrangler (Diva this time around)
she sorts them and then mails everyone out a package
you will receive a package with one project from each person that signed up.,
the themes always are different.
we send 5 for postage to Diva (or whoever is wrangling) to cover the cost of mailing stuff back to us.
we usually don't let new people wrangle until they have been around a bit cause we would not want someone to keep the money and not send out the packages

We do try to make sure newbies feel welcome
we are all (you included) busy
as people get back into the swing of a new group project we would have updated/provided info
you could have read back through the thread to see if the answers to your questions were already there
you could have assumed Diva was super busy (she did at least respond)
and responded with some questions that expressed what info you needed or used humor or something
But to assume that someone was being rude and that we where not being welcoming was a very negative way to handle this (and honestly is an indicator of a bit of your personality)

Sooooooo perhaps you would like to give this a try and give people a chance to get to know you. Also, read back and see how we treat new people. They are not ignored and we do answer their questions.

and just so you know, I am super nice and super direct with occasional moments of sarcasm tossed in to keep me happy. Please take this as coming from a place of trying to assist you and make things more clear.

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #2364
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post

because it is a creative project we do not tell each other how to do the project. Some are writers and their project will reflect that. Some are painters and some are crafters.
One of the amazing things about these projects is the many different ways that people interpret the theme. In this case retro.
Once the sign up date is reached and we know how many projects to make we get started.
say 10 people sign up,
we send 5 for postage to Diva (or whoever is wrangling) to cover the cost of mailing stuff back to us.
we usually don't let new people wrangle until they have been around a bit cause we would not want someone to keep the money and not send out the packages

as people get back into the swing of a new group project we would have updated/provided info
you could have read back through the thread to see if the answers to your questions were already there
and responded with some questions that expressed what info you needed or used humor or something
But to assume that someone was being rude and that we where not being welcoming was a very negative way to handle this (and honestly is an indicator of a bit of your personality)

Sooooooo perhaps you would like to give this a try and give people a chance to get to know you. Also, read back and see how we treat new people. They are not ignored and we do answer their questions.

and just so you know, I am super nice and super direct with occasional moments of sarcasm tossed in to keep me happy. Please take this as coming from a place of trying to assist you and make things more clear.
And YOU are in charge of explaining from now on!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #2365
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

please keep your hands and feet inside the ride..................

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #2366
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
please keep your hands and feet inside the ride..................

WWWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

AND

Last edited by Diva; 09-20-2011 at 09:31 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #2367
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

How about we just float this every new project? Nawww.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #2368
sweetiefemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loved

sweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

say 10 people sign up,

Thanks for all you said, I appreciate it. I did not think to look back to the post for what was being discussed as a new project, and in one of the posts it said more to come, so I did not know. But I do need to say in my defense because somehow this became about my personality, I did not say anyone was rude. I simply said I felt like I asked a question...to which anyone could have answered and the only thing I got was the original post of the new project??? So it made me feel like I was being ignored or dismissed.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #2369
sweetiefemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Oh I don't know saying you don't feel welcome and then stomping off is well, not very nice either.
So are you joining in or ?

Me being who I am, I'm the blunt one, I kinda take folks at face value.
I also know that when joining any thread to read back, just so I know what is being discussed. Make since?
If you want to stay we'd enjoy seeing your craft, but we don't take folks names off lists, they have to do that for themselves, 'cause it's their decision.
I feel I made an attempt to let people know I was a newbie wanting to join in, I was told a new project was pending and more info will come. Then the project was introduced, and I jumped in but I also asked for more clarification, at which point no one gave me more info. Sorry that doesn't feel very welcoming to me. If anyone wanted to have welcomed me to the group they could have very simply answered my question, or pointed me back in the thread to previous projects for my own answers. Instead I got the original post put back at me. I was in no way trying to 'stomp off', I was just saying I felt unwelcome, and to take me off this project cause I didn't understand what we were doing, and no need to hold up the group cause I wasn't getting it. So think what you want of me, but I did not feel welcomed by this group and I feel I am being scolded for telling the truth about how I feel.

I guess it is great that everyone is blunt, but when people don't know you yet, it comes across rude.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #2370
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

RETRO

List closes: Monday, Sept. 26th
Projects Due: Monday, Oct. 31st
Theme: RETRO

1. Diva ~ Wrangler

2. Ami
3. Corkey
4. Pixie
5. Jennifer, nycfembbw
6. purepisces
7.wolfbittenpoet , the typewriter boy
8. Tommi

Just being oh so helpful...you are removed. Thanks!

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #2371
sweetiefemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
So we must be on your time table, got it. Thanks for the heads up. Oh we're all adults here you either want to participate, or you don't, but your name on a list is up to you. Nice intro.
Sorry you feel I had a nice intro. I am sad to think everyone had an opportunity to hear I was not feeling welcomed and everyone blamed me and accused me of ugly things. The bottom line is that I did not feel welcome, and I really don't now. So that shows a lot about you too.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #2372
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiefemme View Post
Sorry you feel I had a nice intro. I am sad to think everyone had an opportunity to hear I was not feeling welcomed and everyone blamed me and accused me of ugly things. The bottom line is that I did not feel welcome, and I really don't now. So that shows a lot about you too.
Jen-

We understand your point. I am sorry you took the original replies out of context and that it left you feeling unwelcome, I can promise you it wasn't the original intent. We are all busy and doing multiple things for the upcoming reunion and life in general and sometimes we have a hard time reading others minds. I hope you find a thread better suited for you since this one is obviously not what you are looking for. Good luck.

Pixie

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #2373
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

[QUOTE=Pixie;421977]RETRO

List closes: Monday, Sept. 26th
Projects Due: Monday, Oct. 31st
Theme: RETRO

1. Diva ~ Wrangler

2. Ami
3. Corkey
4. Pixie
5. Jennifer, nycfembbw
6. purepisces
7.wolfbittenpoet , the typewriter boy
8. Tommi

Just being oh so helpful...you are removed. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #2374
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,801 Times in 25,671 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I don't get in here for a few days and look what happens?

What am I going to do with all of you?

Sweetie, welcome to the site and to one of the best 'crafty' threads you'll find here. I might be biased, but hey, we all have our preferences, right?

If you'd like to kind of watch the thread and see how things flow before you kick in and participate in a project is absolutely fine. So is not participating all all. Above all else, folks should feel comfortable in here.

Ami provided an exemplary outline for how the process typically works and, as mentioned, most folks are preparing for the Reunion, which is about 3 weeks away. So the flow of the thread will dictate that.

We do have a tight knit group in here but we do welcome others as well. You never know; we might wind up keeping you.

*grin*

Have a good project, ya'll!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #2375
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

And one of us has a big show this weekend and isn't here much at all.......

This group has always been a source of happiness in creating for me, with good will and welcoming hearts and maturity and artisitc goodness!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #2376
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
And one of us has a big show this weekend and isn't here much at all.......

This group has always been a source of happiness in creating for me, with good will and welcoming hearts and maturity and artisitc goodness!!!

And SOME of us are super happy for ONE of us and know that she will do great!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #2377
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
And SOME of us are super happy for ONE of us and know that she will do great!!!

And SOME of us are super sad for ONE of us who has to work!

Just sayin'....

Old 09-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #2378
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
And SOME of us are super sad for ONE of us who has to work!

Just sayin'....

Is it Saturday or Sunday?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #2379
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation
Default From another newbie

I have participated in two projects, so consider myself a newbie too! I never felt unwelcome, but I do take responsibility for what and how I feel. No one will ever "make me" feel this or that way. I choose how I feel! If confronted with the same post being offered to me after I asked for more explanation, I would have persisted and told the group, "Hey, I am new, and not really sure I understand! I do want in, can someone hold my hand and help me through?"....or something to that effect...
I would say that in participating, I did gain both insight into other artists' minds, and into my own. I don't take that lightly, and it is worth, to me, giving wide berth to all the vicissitudes of life....how busy people can get, impatient (nothing personal) and even ornery (or blunt...which to me is a good quality)....Giving people the benefit of the doubt always has worked for me......
I hope you find what you need, whether in this group or elsewhere!

Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #2380
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Is it Saturday or Sunday?

Yes!
Both days! Weeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types