Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #221
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm down 47lbs today...well on my way to the year end goal of 50! Then, I will keep moving forward with a goal of another 50 by the end of June. My levels are still holding at a pretty good number, and I feel really good.

Be good to yourselves during this very stressful time

Merry Christmas from my house to yours.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #222
Diamondbutch1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch,diamond,her
Relationship Status:
Married

Diamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST Reputation

II am wondering if there is anyone on the pump.I am considering it but not sure if it would be right for me with the type of work I do. As a chef Im close to high temps leaning against counters and carring large pot.Whats life like with the pump?
Old 12-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #223
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I am wondering what life would be like if I didn't have the last digit of my big toe. I'm not a Diabetic (I'm obsessed with monitoring that, it runs deep in my family) However I have reoccurring bouts of neuropathy in the tip of that toe. I'm on the third day-non stop, after weeks with out a tinge from it.

I innocently walked into the ceramic tiled mud room in my bare feet, three steps in, three steps out...and WHAM, it began. I immediately soaked it in warm water, no change. The tip of the toe is the color of a grape and there is no cappillary refill if I press on the nail, however the tip of the toe is warm (as opposed to cold) I ran in a short race yesterday. I'm finding it hard to believe it's something to do with circulation. It is one of toes that was frost bitten. After three days of this, I wonder if keeping the tip of that toe was the right thing to do. I only think about it when the neuropathy is making me insane.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #224
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondbutch1 View Post
II am wondering if there is anyone on the pump.I am considering it but not sure if it would be right for me with the type of work I do. As a chef Im close to high temps leaning against counters and carring large pot.Whats life like with the pump?
Diamond, I have used an inculin pump for about a year now. Mine is the Revel Minimed. I didn't think I would like it and fought myself about getting it for a very long time. I can honestly say I regret fighting it!
I used a 43" tubing and when I am in the kitchen, I pull it around and fasten it to my waist band either towards my hip or in the small of my back. The tubes come in many sizes, so you an adjust what works. I am glad I got mine. Not having to lug aorund a glucometer, needles, insulin...its worth it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask....
Old 12-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #225
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
I am wondering what life would be like if I didn't have the last digit of my big toe. I'm not a Diabetic (I'm obsessed with monitoring that, it runs deep in my family) However I have reoccurring bouts of neuropathy in the tip of that toe. I'm on the third day-non stop, after weeks with out a tinge from it.

I innocently walked into the ceramic tiled mud room in my bare feet, three steps in, three steps out...and WHAM, it began. I immediately soaked it in warm water, no change. The tip of the toe is the color of a grape and there is no cappillary refill if I press on the nail, however the tip of the toe is warm (as opposed to cold) I ran in a short race yesterday. I'm finding it hard to believe it's something to do with circulation. It is one of toes that was frost bitten. After three days of this, I wonder if keeping the tip of that toe was the right thing to do. I only think about it when the neuropathy is making me insane.
Hi Dominique,

Talk to your doctor....mine told me that I am absolutely forbidden to run due to the beginnings of neuropathy in my feet. I was told (and again, I'm not a doctor) that running causes tremendous damage to feet with neuropathy problems, and doing so could literally put me at risk of losing my feet.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #226
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Hi Dominique,

Talk to your doctor....mine told me that I am absolutely forbidden to run due to the beginnings of neuropathy in my feet. I was told (and again, I'm not a doctor) that running causes tremendous damage to feet with neuropathy problems, and doing so could literally put me at risk of losing my feet.
Hi, JustJo; My doctor told me the same thing and I didn't listen. I have severe neuropathy in both my feet so bad that they feel like wax. I continued to work on my feet when I was told to get off them. My diabetes has really done a number on my body. The neuropathy is one of the hardest things to deal with as I also have what my neurologist calls "painful diabetic neuropathy" with horrific pains! I wish I had listened to docs may back when...
Old 12-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #227
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenleahangel View Post
Hi, JustJo; My doctor told me the same thing and I didn't listen. I have severe neuropathy in both my feet so bad that they feel like wax. I continued to work on my feet when I was told to get off them. My diabetes has really done a number on my body. The neuropathy is one of the hardest things to deal with as I also have what my neurologist calls "painful diabetic neuropathy" with horrific pains! I wish I had listened to docs may back when...
Oh yes, I know that feel like wax and look like wax thing. I have been told
MARATHONS are over and so is cold weather running. It was 38 when the race began and 41 when we were finished. I had on my special socks, sock liners and special inner soles. If it was too cold, Reynauds would have progressed and it did not. For the most part, I do listen to the Dr.s. You may argue It doesn't sound like it, but I've made major changes. It's nothing to play with.

It (the neuropathy) has faded to a bearable level now and I'm hoping its about done. I know no pain like that. Sorry I was whiny.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #228
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The year end total is 49lbs...just shy of the 50 I thought would be possible by now. So tomorrow I start off with a goal of another 51 by June 30th...who knows if this is possible, but I feel good and my numbers kick butt so I'm going to try!

A Happy and healthy New Year to us all!

Last edited by MsTinkerbelly; 01-01-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #229
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I weighed yesterday and am still at 248,why I dint know cause I have enjoyed the holliday food even tho I have tryed not to over do.Last year I lost another 40 pounds so hopefully by the end of 2012 I can lose way more than that,I was hopeing to lose 50 or so but really didnt start loseing untill I found out about being diabetic and went on the lo carb food plan,I have had ups and downs with loseing weight on this diet,one reason is I can go for a while just fine then I need to eat real food so it took a while to figure out how to do that and not blow my count thrue the roof.Now we have gotten into winter and my mind says I need diffrent food to eat wich means more carbs.I konow this is someting that is set in the DNA of cave men to store carbs as much as possable for servival,I have been doing fairly well trying to reset that in my mind..just need to keep at it,one thing that had helped is keeping plenty of free carb crunchy foods on hand like celery,cucumber slices,cherry tomatoes and lots of fresh lettus.I make a spicy vigniger dip wich is like a thick dressing so I eithe am useing it as a dip or salad dressing and peminto cheese helps.I have found there is no right or wrong with this diabetic thing as its about finding what works.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #230
Diamondbutch1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch,diamond,her
Relationship Status:
Married

Diamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST ReputationDiamondbutch1 Has the BEST Reputation

Heavenleah thank you.. One concern I have is reguarding the needle. Have you experience any infections with it.I am told it is to be worn 24hrs and changed every 3 days.As I have rescently survived a bout of flesh eating disease and the prospect of exposing my body,system to a foriegn object for that length of time is causing concern.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #231
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

52 pounds are gone, and I am on track for 48more by June. It is strange to be losing and still eating as much as I want, but it's happening anyway! My sugar levels are lower but still all over the place in the mornings, from 90 to 140...same foods, same insulin.

I know exercise, rest, and water intake are some of the things that effect my numbers, but my biggest variable is stress. I have been under a huge amount of stress in my personal life, and I know it has gotten my numbers out of whack. Oh well, this too will pass and things will get back to normal soon.

Is it a full moon or something? LoL
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #232
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

My numbers are on the rise, as is my weight. I was up 2 pounds yesterday, and another 2 pounds today with ABSOLUTELY no change in my eating.

So. I am a bit freaked out because when my Mom's heart stopped beating properly water weight gain was one of the first signs, oh and Kidney failure. Damn.

I have a call in to the doctor.

Today I am very aware I am not normal.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #233
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hear lately my love for cajun food has run a head on colision with my diabetic food plan.It hadnt been a big thing till now....lawd whats a food loveing cajun boi to do????
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #234
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

I feel like an idiot.

After remembering that my water pills had been filled and were in THE BOTTOM OF MY PURSE instead of my daily pill box, and taking said pills for two days....I'm fine and back to my 52 pound weight loss.

My doctor said that not taking my pills in addition to not drinking enough water, had caused the weight gain and enough dehydration to hike my sugar levels as well. When my sugar levels are high I am thirsty and drink all day long....but when they are in a "normal" range I only want to drink at meal times. *sigh*

Anyway...
Old 01-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #235
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I feel like an idiot.

After remembering that my water pills had been filled and were in THE BOTTOM OF MY PURSE instead of my daily pill box, and taking said pills for two days....I'm fine and back to my 52 pound weight loss.

My doctor said that not taking my pills in addition to not drinking enough water, had caused the weight gain and enough dehydration to hike my sugar levels as well. When my sugar levels are high I am thirsty and drink all day long....but when they are in a "normal" range I only want to drink at meal times. *sigh*

Anyway...
Big Hugs!!!!

I'm glad you're feeling better....and don't be hard on yourself. Managing this disease is a royal pain in the butt!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #236
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Diabetic Vegetarian diet

Is anyone here a vegetarian?? I want to toss recipe/diet ideas around. I want to go 100% vegetarian and find that now I am diabetic, it is not so easy.
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #237
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfAKind View Post
Is anyone here a vegetarian?? I want to toss recipe/diet ideas around. I want to go 100% vegetarian and find that now I am diabetic, it is not so easy.
Vegan here!

Also no oil...but a Vegan, no oil diet is great for diabetes, as it melts off the fat we store and quickly gets the sugar numbers under control.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #238
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfAKind View Post
Quote:
Vegan here!

Also no oil...but a Vegan, no oil diet is great for diabetes, as it melts off the fat we store and quickly gets the sugar numbers under control.
I know almost nothing about vegetarian or vegan diets....but the thing that has helped me most in literally a decade, is to increase my lean protein, legume and healthy fat (olives, olive oil and avocado) consumption. It dramatically reduced my carb cravings and consumption....and my A1c is down to 5.9

Wishing you both the best....and keep us posted.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #239
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I know almost nothing about vegetarian or vegan diets....but the thing that has helped me most in literally a decade, is to increase my lean protein, legume and healthy fat (olives, olive oil and avocado) consumption. It dramatically reduced my carb cravings and consumption....and my A1c is down to 5.9

Wishing you both the best....and keep us posted.
Thanks Justjo!

There are many sources of protein, and many whole foods that support a healthier blood sugar. I find that Brown Rice, Quinoa, corn, sweet potatoes, whole oats, wheat flour, whole wheat pasta….those types of carbs are better with my numbers in moderation…I still stay away from high sugar fruits like grapes, and limit myself to a banana a day as I take a water pill and need the potassium. Pineapple, strawberries, apples, melon…those are all better choices for a sweet treat.

As for protein, there are many sources…did you know cauliflower has protein? We use tofu, a lot of black beans, chick peas, mushrooms, lentils; Quinoa is a VERY good source of plant based protein. I prefer Almond milk to Soy…when you cook with soy it changes the flavor and makes it taste a little bitter…Almond milk is very low calories per cup and is a good source of protein.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #240
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Ms. T, do you by chance have any main course recipes to share??

I have kept my A1c down to 5.9 with diet alone, but what a struggle LOL. I am a relative newbie diabetic. My question is, I am STARVING a lot. What gives? I've heard it's high BS, but like I said mine isn't bad. I mean, there are times where I could eat the doggoned cupboard doors LMAO. So what do I do so that I am not literally starving all the time??

Quote:
Thanks Justjo!

There are many sources of protein, and many whole foods that support a healthier blood sugar. I find that Brown Rice, Quinoa, corn, sweet potatoes, whole oats, wheat flour, whole wheat pasta….those types of carbs are better with my numbers in moderation…I still stay away from high sugar fruits like grapes, and limit myself to a banana a day as I take a water pill and need the potassium. Pineapple, strawberries, apples, melon…those are all better choices for a sweet treat.

As for protein, there are many sources…did you know cauliflower has protein? We use tofu, a lot of black beans, chick peas, mushrooms, lentils; Quinoa is a VERY good source of plant based protein. I prefer Almond milk to Soy…when you cook with soy it changes the flavor and makes it taste a little bitter…Almond milk is very low calories per cup and is a good source of protein.
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote